Moto Yuusha wa Shizuka ni Kurashitai - Ch. 18 - The Hero Says Goodbye To The Saintess

Exactly. This dude doesn't give a shit about anything
Remember when they told him that many people would die in the revolt? And he didn't want to do anything even then.

Honestly I struggle to remember a worst MC than this one
Why should he give a shyte to begin with? The world never gave a shyte to him unless there's an interest in using him anyway. So, is there any reason for him to care about anything?

Double-page supporter
Are we supposed to feel bad for a person we've seen for about 2 panels, otherwise only heard a few things about when he mentioned her? Also I like how the entire story is just playing off screen xd We just get thrown to the ending
I don't even resent her. I mean, the story doesn't show any repercussion of their so called 'betrayal'. The MC still lives his life healthily and all and he even prefers this lifestyle. In the other betrayal stories, we saw how it broke the MC and it makes we feel like rooting for him. And their corruption means zero shit to me since, again, the story never showed what they did and why I need to care.

The build up is weak as fuck in all angle and the writing is laughable. I'm still following this to see how far this trainwreck can go.

Dex-chan lover
What the heck? The pace was so bad it'd not be weird if this chapter is actually the ending.

Dex-chan lover
she got off easily, though since she'll be a mother soon, it's understandable she gets to live
though, a person like that raising a baby is a recipe for disaster, who knows what she'll do
either she'll put her anger on her child or lie and manipulate the child on hating the mc as to why they have such a terrible life.
Yeah, I'm honestly more worried about the child than the mother. Children can't pick their parents. Raising children is supposed to be a strenuous, but rewarding experience as a parent (as far as I've heard). If they're not cut out to raising a child, then they shouldn't consider doing the deed to begin with.

Having the former saintess raising her child as punishment, it kind of puts parenting under a bad light, but I get what the goddess is trying to do here. Despite how low she has become, the goddess is giving her a chance to redeem herself, but she unfortunately doesn't see it that way. What if the former saintess fails to raise her child? Would the goddess do something to spare it from their unfortunate outcome? I guess only time would tell.

And poor MC for seeing his childhood friend's true colors while basically being rejected. I don't know what his feelings were for her, but I bet he'd love to have a child with her (knowing it's his child, of course). Hopefully another girl that's way better than her will help pull him back to his feet.

Dex-chan lover
bruh, the plothole still lingering, we still don't know exactly what that bitch main reason to betray him. I can only be satisfied if i know exactly what she's been thinking and punish her after that, completely destroying her dreams.

Dex-chan lover
magically aborts her baby and takes it away.
Since this wasn't spoilered (since there's no way it's happening in this manga now, alternate timeline engage!)...

...it's not this brazen. Child is taken from the womb, not terminated. And instantly grown ex-vivo by magical goddess powers to viability. And taken to be raised by the church/holy queen. It's magical deus ex machina resolution: the child is fine and healthy. Just "de-parented".

Just wanted to put that out there before anyone gets potentially disturbed.

(FWIW I'm in the "children can't pick their parents" camp. But also "parents can doom their children to death by their own irresponsibility". It's a heavy choice and responsibility; don't screw it up.)

Dex-chan lover
Are we supposed to feel bad for a person we've seen for about 2 panels, otherwise only heard a few things about when he mentioned her? Also I like how the entire story is just playing off screen xd We just get thrown to the ending
I don't feel bad for her, but I do feel bad for the MC. He still liked his companions so it hurts to see people who he considered friends go that way.

Dex-chan lover
Her priest mentor magically aborts her baby and takes it away.

The child isn't killed, they are sent to live with someone else while the mother is sent to the church to learn how to be a decent human being.
:sick::sick::sick::sick:

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand how so many of you are having trouble following the motivations and plot in the story. The pacing may be fast, but this was all either explained or implied through context.

The fake hero plot was cooked up by the king, weak prince, Gudal and Stella. The king wanted to use his useless son as a pawn through the fake hero scheme to attempt to fix the weakening powerbase of the royal family (which backfired because they raised taxes too much). The prince got to play act as a hero and live a life of excess while screwing the hot saintess (which I found it interesting how he got her preggers before they were even married). Gudal got promised a high position in the military, wealth and a harem of women to abuse. And the saintess got to live the life of luxury that she clearly desired based on how she acted in this chapter.

Pretty cut and dry if you're paying attention.

Dex-chan lover
You can't even feel bad for mc, because you know jackshit about him since the story is just flying through itself heh

Alas, you don't really end up knowing that much more about Noel in the WN either. He is a nice boy. He grew up with the Saintess (btw, the WN goes more into her motivation/backstory, but it's basically "entitled lower noble lady stinks of green tea"), self sacrificed, and got betrayed. That's about what you learn, from what I remember.

And yes, the plotline is drastically different in the manga. As has been mentioned a few times before, Noel basically has to do sod all in the WN to get things to self destruct, the rebellion goes off without a hitch, none of this "SUDDENLY EVIL GOD" stuff... Very few people actually get harmed in the coup because the general is a good tactician...

...And the kingdom becomes the first experiment in the fantasy world of representative democracy.

Dex-chan lover
if the proof is something the Goddess gave her, why can't the goddess herself took it away...?

Dex-chan lover
Quite a bad ending? You're fucking with me, right? "Yeah, just live as a regular citizen" OH NO, HOW CRUEL
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Contributor
Saintess got stripped of her title and banished to live like a nun while being a single mother at a monastery. She got off lightly compared to the others, her own fiance/husband being sent to work at the mines; though I guess her being a status-seeking social climber isn't really much of a villainous attribute aside from the fact that she plotted with the others to betray Noel. I still didn't get to see the prince's dark side though. Don't tell me he's just some hapless weakling figurehead?

Very easy outcome for Noel since she was never a love interest, unlike some others who cried "NTR!!" at the start initially thought. She's just a childhood friend, key words childhood and friend. I guess some people have gotten too used to seeing childhood friends as automatic love interests.

That said, the saintess's unborn child is still a potential pretender to the throne if they don't abolish the monarchy. I'm not saying they should kill the child, but the same can not be said about letting Stella raise the kid, who she might use as a tool of revenge years later. I suppose turning Stella into a single mother is part of her punishment, but it might be better to just have the kid be raised in an orphanage than by someone who has a motive to do it badly.

Double-page supporter
There's quite a difference in sad ending and bad ending,
Even if it's sad for her, not bad at least

He was MUCH too light. Execution after torture would be more fitting, for someone related to the person who summoned the end of the world. Idgaf if she has a child, it’s as good as demon-spawn, from two wretched and abominable creatures that call themselves humans

Users who are viewing this thread