Murabito Desu ga Nani ka?

I understand why he's not killing the Sage outright, sure, but he probably could've killed him with a sneak attack when they were children, also he's twice reborn so surely he was aware the Sage was a sadistic scumbag in his second life too right? Also the Goddess didn't seem to be such a bad person so what is up with her reincarnating these evil scumbags with overpowered abilities that will clearly cause untold suffering?

The general idea of a villager becoming the world's strongest existence for the sake of a girl that's his sister is great, but as of chapter 36 it's been bogged down by this swamp of 'oh he's strong but THIS PERSON IS EVEN STRONGER!' and it's lost me.

I'll maybe check it out when it finishes or gets axed but it's so fucking boring when every new big bad is even bigger and badder for no reason.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

You know berserk?
You know the existence of the 2016 3D anime adaptation of berserk?
This manga is that mixed with isekai/shonen tropes.
The art quality may be generic and inferior, the story telling could be either a type of genius work of fiction that utilizes tropes of the genre to enhance it's story telling while subverting the same expectation in the climax or complete bull shit, but the background narrative of man vs. system is sustaining my interest.

Basically: only for people who've rummaged through the genre and have built a tolerance for kinda shitty writing in exchange for dopamine from the brain for reading this stuff or people who enjoyed the 2016 3D anime adaptation of berserk. It's not as thoughtless as other isekais, the plot is interesting and some facial expression, although not everyone's cup of tea, are well executed. So give the first 33 chapters a try.

I'm usually pretty tolerant with isekai, being a self-proclaimed isekai trash panda but this one was just kinda boring...

I usually don't give up unless there's something really awful about a manga, but I'm pretty much dropping this halfway through. It's alright as far as art and characters and all that goes, but I find myself wondering when it's over, like a bad-but-not-so-bad-its-good movie. The plot is a bit inconsequential I suppose, but I think it's really that nothing is more than passable which makes for a particularly bland whole.

If you want a detailed rundown, check @sbzkag review below, it pretty much sums it up perfectly.

MC exploiting loopholes to be OP.
I'm a little confuse on the MC motives
other than being a sistercon in his previous life.
Characters/story get spoiled or foreshadowed to the point it doesn't really leave you guessing.
I'm enjoying it just to see how broken the mc becomes.

If anyone is reading this before starting chapter 1 and wants a simpler description :
Its about a guy who gets reincarnated as a villager (lowest class) and he wants to be stronger than everyone to protect a girl that's a hero (strongest class).

So lemme get this straight, this guy gets all the power the hero was originally supposed to get. While she, the hero, doesn’t get any of it but continues to get all the suffering (physical and psychological)

THE TITLES ARE SO DAMN SIMILAR!!!!!!!! take the time to compare the titles with the" So I'm a Spider, So What?" manga and " I am a villager, so what?", ryt @kaitouk166 ?

Dex-chan lover
i couldn't get past 3 chapters of this, the bad writing combined with the bad translation

The series started off kind of interesting, but the plot has no real direction. There's no character growth or development (beyond the main character being OP), and the plot gets pretty nonsensical in the middle, with events happening with little setup or payoff.

I mean, normally there's a power curve to these things, unless it's One Punch Man, where Saitama being insanely OP is the whole point. But this does has an oni invasion and oni god encounter before they fight a bunch of assassins and random human bandits. WTF?

Dex-chan lover
So, has anyone been following this in the raws? Has it gotten any more, or less incoherent? I guess it’s kind of telling that the day I decided to stop watching this one closely was the day the scanslator decided to drop it.

Dex-chan lover
It's become very boring after the protagonist settles down. The politics and world building just aren't handled well. Many other series with same premise a world shaped by calamities and otherworlders and trying to overturn that system better.

Users who are viewing this thread