Muryoku Seijo to Munou Oujo - Ch. 2 - A Serious Deficiency

Dex-chan lover
in a nutshell

d4co1z.jpg
A nut-less world.

Dex-chan lover
couldn't the princess drink the magic potion instead? the (what if she runs out of magic) is dumb... unless the princess can't drink potions either, which shouldn't be the case since they said she just cant cast magic.

Dex-chan lover
couldn't the princess drink the magic potion instead? the (what if she runs out of magic) is dumb... unless the princess can't drink potions either, which shouldn't be the case since they said she just cant cast magic.
The princess' issue is not a lack of magic, but an excess of it, so I think her drinking the potion would just cause another explosion, which in this case could even end up being harmful.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh its cliche but i'm hooked to the side pair more than the main one and the art is pleasing too.

Dex-chan lover
The princess' issue is not a lack of magic, but an excess of it, so I think her drinking the potion would just cause another explosion, which in this case could even end up being harmful.
no that is not what i said. they gave the mc the potion to give her magic because she doesn't have any, and in case the princess runs out of her magic the mc wont be able to use magic. What i meant is that if the princess runs out of magic, she can be the one to drink the potion for the mc.

Group Leader
no that is not what i said. they gave the mc the potion to give her magic because she doesn't have any, and in case the princess runs out of her magic the mc wont be able to use magic. What i meant is that if the princess runs out of magic, she can be the one to drink the potion for the mc.
The concern isn't "what if the princess runs out of magic" it's "what if Tamura really needs to cast a spell and the princess is in another room".

Dex-chan lover
The concern isn't "what if the princess runs out of magic" it's "what if Tamura really needs to cast a spell and the princess is in another room".
yeah it is the case but. they are making it clear that the mc and the princess will always be together, and in the last page the mc's flashback of the other princess saying to her "what if she was devoid of any magic when she needed it the most"

unless it's just a bad translation, the other princess was talking at the mc, and she said the line above not "what if you were devoid of any magic when you needed it the most", also the word "devoid" makes it seem even more like she was talking about the princess running out of magic.

Dex-chan lover
this series is great!!! Thanks for picking it up!!! I love all the characters rn, even that bitchy/tsundere princess!

Group Leader
yeah it is the case but. they are making it clear that the mc and the princess will always be together, and in the last page the mc's flashback of the other princess saying to her "what if she was devoid of any magic when she needed it the most"

unless it's just a bad translation, the other princess was talking at the mc, and she said the line above not "what if you were devoid of any magic when you needed it the most", also the word "devoid" makes it seem even more like she was talking about the princess running out of magic.
I do see what you mean. First tho, they can't literally always be together, they aren't bathing or sleeping together (yet). Second, Eldora is saying Tamura doesn't have her own permanent source of magic. A more literal translation of that line is something like "because she has no magic power, she couldn't do anything at a critical moment, could she?". Maybe "what if [Tamura] was devoid of any magic [source] when she needed it the most?" is clearer but I think my original line is still fair.

Also in JP there is no subject-verb agreement so it is unclear whether she is speaking to Tamura or about Tamura. But given her disrespect of Tamura (including previously choosing not to address her directly) and the way the lines are written, I went with she's speaking to her sister, about Tamura. Either way it's consistent throughout her dialogue, in the TL she is referring to Tamura, in 3rd person, the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread