Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Ch. 93 - A Big Brother's Conflict

Dex-chan lover
Mushoku Tensei is really a well done story. Wish Isekai stories stop choosing mediocre way and get inspired by Mushoku Tensei instead.
Oh, you're bored of the protagonist getting hit by a truck, getting isekai'd to another world, hearing some Goddess about his newfound powers, accessing his status screen and testing his abilities to some mobs then eventually hearing a cry for help. Then meeting some damsel in distress that needs saving who then guides MC to the adventurer guild and talk about how the world works as a way of thanks. Turns out she's an adventurer of mediocre status who then asks MC to party up to raid some dungeon. They the set out to the dungeon and MC shows off a quarter of his power thinking that it was normal, only to be met with a surprised pikachu face by the heroine thinking how OP and outlandish the power of the protagonist. As they venture inside the dungeon, they then meet some irregular monster which has an S-Rank rating, heroine drops to the ground due to helplessness and the protagonist is struggling a bit while only using 25% of his powers. MC is then convinced that he has to use 50% instead of 25% to bring this monster down and to his surprise, was weaker than expected and oneshots it. Heroine gets amazed yada yada yada and comes the harem and journey to other city with no character development because there are hardly any conflict in the story. That cookie-cutter story? Bored of those? I think they are pretty novel and more mangaka should adapt this kinda schtick if they want to get famous and rival One Piece's record in selling manga.

Dex-chan lover
She looks like a dark wraith with that face ToT, and I couldn't get into it at all because guess what? A MONTH WAIT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
I doubt that plays any concrete role anymore. It has been an excuse for her to not get close to Rudy, but isn't her anguish due to a lack of self-confidence and an abundance of self-pity? Aisha is a genius, no matter how you look at it, and she has been tormenting the not-genius Norn since the beginning. Rudeus isn't a genuine genius, per se, but he's as much of an apparent genius as one could be. He was never a real child in that world, thus mastering everything very young, plus, by coincidence, he has a godly mana pool, silent magic casting, and such. So, from Norn's point of view, the big brother is another unreachable genius. I don't believe Norn's problems are any more or any less than this, though I suppose the next chapters will tell the truth.
It does play a role...
sort of, she doesn't hate him anymore, hatred turned into fear

Supporter
the thing is Rudeus experienced the "not saying anything" and backfired completly.... destoryed hislife and any chance of reconciliation.... so its hard for him to take this route
Oh I didnt say it from old Rudeus standpoint from new Rudeus standpoint, as someone who has to communicate with and encourage a depressed person.

I really hope that reason she closed herself off in her room is not a stupid one…

Double-page supporter
Rudeus takes after his mother in his abilities. Aisha takes after hers. How about Norn takes after her father? I'd like to see Rudy firm his resolve, and pick her up to take her home. Then have Norn become a little mini-Eris, go all angry Greyrat, and the two begin to fight. While they fight, he trains her, and they build their relationship from there, and give her something she desperately needs. Something to do.

Group Leader
Oh I didnt say it from old Rudeus standpoint from new Rudeus standpoint, as someone who has to communicate with and encourage a depressed person.

I really hope that reason she closed herself off in her room is not a stupid one…
I mean both are the same.... the show portrays well that he carries the same traumas here and there all the time right? He needs to cheer up a depressed sister but hsi only experience was with a way that didnt work at all... failed, pushed his family away, he became a degenerate, kicked out and died..... and he wants something better for Norn but he has not a clue how.

Supporter
This feels dragged out after this chapter.
Why? Its honestly about time he dealt with his own self hatred (for his past self I mean), with Norn he definitely cant run away from her, and in consequence, from himself. Hopefully the next time hitogami appears Rudeus will show himself and not his past self (it always felt that hitogami was in some way mocking him).

Dex-chan lover
i meant novel wise with this format, i know isekai was done before truck-kun was a thing, i'm saying this was what started those tropes amongst isekai
magic knight reyerth and digimon were both good examples of isekai
While not discarding or dismissing those earlier isekai stories, I was also talking about the general story structure of isekais done today, as well; Mushoku Tensei simply was the one that really took off in popularity, while the ones that weren't as popular (regardless of if the quality of story was as good, better, or worse) sank into obscurity. To say that it is the grand daddy of the modern Isekai genre is wrong entirely, much like saying that DOOM was the first FPS; popularizing a genre and inspiring clones does not a creator of a genre make, only a popularizer (the crown of creator goes to Wolfenstein 3D, released a year prior).

For the modern isekai trope package creator, you'd need to look to 2004's The Familiar of Zero, aka Zero No Tsukaima, which directly caused a number of authors to create fan fiction for the world, and then branch out into their own original novels; directly and indirectly inspiring and popularizing isekai stories like The Saga Of Tanya The Evil and Knight's And Magic (both of which predate MT by two years), and eventually Mushoku Tensei itself.

Dex-chan lover
While not discarding or dismissing those earlier isekai stories, I was also talking about the general story structure of isekais done today, as well; Mushoku Tensei simply was the one that really took off in popularity, while the ones that weren't as popular (regardless of if the quality of story was as good, better, or worse) sank into obscurity. To say that it is the grand daddy of the modern Isekai genre is wrong entirely, much like saying that DOOM was the first FPS; popularizing a genre and inspiring clones does not a creator of a genre make, only a popularizer (the crown of creator goes to Wolfenstein 3D, released a year prior).

For the modern isekai trope package creator, you'd need to look to 2004's The Familiar of Zero, aka Zero No Tsukaima, which directly caused a number of authors to create fan fiction for the world, and then branch out into their own original novels; directly and indirectly inspiring and popularizing isekai stories like The Saga Of Tanya The Evil and Knight's And Magic (both of which predate MT by two years), and eventually Mushoku Tensei itself.
Zero no Tsukaima didn't have an mc that got hit by truck-kun
Also in terms of tropes, the trope mushoku tensei started was pretty tame and easy to absorb compared to the others before it.
since unlike the rest, mushoku tensei basically began the mc who got hit by truck-kun after being brought into another world becomes op and has a harem in a fully action-fantasy setting, which both zero and the rest do have elements they didn't encompass the typical package where when people think of isekai trash as the normies would say.
Knights and Magic is more mecha and the mc is technically not op just really smart and cunning, sure its isekai but that's all there is to it when compared to mushoku tensei, many copies were born from it, majority varying in form sure but they basically got more similarities to mushoku tensei then say magic knight reyerth and the rest which arguably are isekai yes but that's all there is. The modern day isekai genre is mostly predictable nothing like the older ones which had more depths to it, sure some of them like shield hero and slime and to a degree kenja no mago are good but majority aren't technical compared to its predecessors, mushoku tensei on the other hand had a bit of everything the old ones had now while starting its own.
If we look at the modern day tropes of isekai and compare it to the old ones just because they're isekai that's not really an honest comparison now is it? Isekai is a genre which is vast, this is a more specific part of the general idea keywords being "harem, op mc, other world" which is the general trope these days that have been tried and some have failed

Dex-chan lover
Zero no Tsukaima didn't have an mc that got hit by truck-kun
Also in terms of tropes, the trope mushoku tensei started was pretty tame and easy to absorb compared to the others before it.
since unlike the rest, mushoku tensei basically began the mc who got hit by truck-kun after being brought into another world becomes op and has a harem in a fully action-fantasy setting, which both zero and the rest do have elements they didn't encompass the typical package where when people think of isekai trash as the normies would say.
Knights and Magic is more mecha and the mc is technically not op just really smart and cunning, sure its isekai but that's all there is to it when compared to mushoku tensei, many copies were born from it, majority varying in form sure but they basically got more similarities to mushoku tensei then say magic knight reyerth and the rest which arguably are isekai yes but that's all there is. The modern day isekai genre is mostly predictable nothing like the older ones which had more depths to it, sure some of them like shield hero and slime and to a degree kenja no mago are good but majority aren't technical compared to its predecessors, mushoku tensei on the other hand had a bit of everything the old ones had now while starting its own.
If we look at the modern day tropes of isekai and compare it to the old ones just because they're isekai that's not really an honest comparison now is it? Isekai is a genre which is vast, this is a more specific part of the general idea keywords being "harem, op mc, other world" which is the general trope these days that have been tried and some have failed
Truck-kun as a meme was spawned with 4Chan discussion after MT's popularity, but the use of vehicular accident of one form or another to initiate transfer was already common.

If you're trying to say that Zero No Tsukaima didn't have a harem in an action-fantasy setting, I don't know how deluded you are, but pass me some of what you're smoking! XD

K&M has nothing to do with MT being created, it's simply another predecessor within the Isekai genre, that continued to build and strengthen the tropes of the modern iteration of the genre that ZnT started.

There's a reason I said there's plenty of older isekai, eg. El Hazard, Rayearth, Escaflowne, Those Who Hunt Elves, Fushigi Yuugi, Inuyasha, Abenobashi, Twelve Kingdoms, Red River, even .hack//sign (I believe it was among the first virtual world isekais, along with Digimon), to name just a few, or even older with series like Crest of the Royal Family; but I actively put them aside from consideration and specifically dialed in on the modern isekai genre, instead.

Do remember that many isekai stories start as light novels or webnovels long before they get turned into manga or anime form, as well, and the transition between mediums can be asynchronous with their initial release dates; Mushoku Tensei was written starting in late 2012 until 2015, while the LN version was written from 2014-2022, and the manga started in 2014 as well and is still going. By comparison, Tsukimichi started in 2012 (It started before MT, but as it had been deleted from syosetu and moved to Alphapolis as of 2016, there are no webpages remaining there that isn't dated afterwards, eg. the notice that transfer, which initially started in 2013 as noted on Alphapolis, has finished) with its LN version started in 2013, and manga started in 2015, both running to present; this gives it the appearance, for those that just read manga, that it came out after MT, rather than before it and/or concurrently.

Dex-chan lover
Truck-kun as a meme was spawned with 4Chan discussion after MT's popularity, but the use of vehicular accident of one form or another to initiate transfer was already common.

If you're trying to say that Zero No Tsukaima didn't have a harem in an action-fantasy setting, I don't know how deluded you are, but pass me some of what you're smoking! XD

K&M has nothing to do with MT being created, it's simply another predecessor within the Isekai genre, that continued to build and strengthen the tropes of the modern iteration of the genre that ZnT started.

There's a reason I said there's plenty of older isekai, eg. El Hazard, Rayearth, Escaflowne, Those Who Hunt Elves, Fushigi Yuugi, Inuyasha, Abenobashi, Twelve Kingdoms, Red River, even .hack//sign (I believe it was among the first virtual world isekais, along with Digimon), to name just a few, or even older with series like Crest of the Royal Family; but I actively put them aside from consideration and specifically dialed in on the modern isekai genre, instead.

Do remember that many isekai stories start as light novels or webnovels long before they get turned into manga or anime form, as well, and the transition between mediums can be asynchronous with their initial release dates; Mushoku Tensei was written starting in late 2012 until 2015, while the LN version was written from 2014-2022, and the manga started in 2014 as well and is still going. By comparison, Tsukimichi started in 2012 (It started before MT, but as it had been deleted from syosetu and moved to Alphapolis as of 2016, there are no webpages remaining there that isn't dated afterwards, eg. the notice that transfer, which initially started in 2013 as noted on Alphapolis, has finished) with its LN version started in 2013, and manga started in 2015, both running to present; this gives it the appearance, for those that just read manga, that it came out after MT, rather than before it and/or concurrently.

Again even with all that it still doesn't change the fact that the elements in mushoku tensei was the medium for a lot to make their own using similar tropes, some over exaggerate it to a point that it becomes ridiculous, now there's even a manga where truck-kun is the mc and mc's goal is to send people to other world
also in zero we literally already know mc ends up with zero any form of harem is over shadowed by that fact like let's not even kid ourselves besides the author of the ln died so its not like that would be resolved any time soon even if they continued it with a different author
and yes i've been talking about the ln format, if i wanted to mention isekai as a whole it would make no sense in this context and no you didn't really dial into the modern isekai genre, you mentioned completely unrelated mangas and ln's that have almost nothing to do with the modern day formula that spurred the tropes that mt has popularized, listen the dates are irrelevant if you consider the examples you gave while older did not actively create the tropes that mt has popularized, it is still a fact that of all the isekai out there mt has popularized a lot of tropes for the modern isekai genre like even if you add no game no life it still wouldn't make sense in the context of the modern isekai genre as the tropes used are still entirely different

mt has still been a major component in what made some of the most trash and some of the good modern day isekai when people think of isekai today due to the number of tropes it introduced
attempts to make magic learning look interesting in isekai manga and the like have been made the way kenja no mago has tried to do it but it didn't quite emulate the way mt did it

Fed-Kun's army
Why? Its honestly about time he dealt with his own self hatred (for his past self I mean), with Norn he definitely cant run away from her, and in consequence, from himself. Hopefully the next time hitogami appears Rudeus will show himself and not his past self (it always felt that hitogami was in some way mocking him).

Rudeus will only show his real self to hitogami in the final chapter of MT. Even hitogami doesn't know what Rudeus looks like until the end.

Dex-chan lover
Rudeus will only show his real self to hitogami in the final chapter of MT. Even hitogami doesn't know what Rudeus looks like until the end.
doesn't that contradict what's been happening so far tho?

Dex-chan lover
2 or 3 more episodes and the anime will catch up to 9 years of serialization o_O

Dex-chan lover
I kinda forgot, was it covered before that (R/L)inia is related to Ghislaine? I mean, i've read her bio, so i knew, but i don't recall if it was mentioned in the manga when she and Pursena were introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread