Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 14 Ch. 68 - White Mask - Part 1

@WindOcean Well tough luck, fat Ruedus is going to be there for the rest of the series. He is integral to the development of current Ruedus. It is precisely because of the fact that Ruedus is constantly reminded of the past that he can actually move on. Something that most isekais always shamefully brush aside.

Dex-chan lover
Nice to see a pic of Ghyslaine. Her and the bunny hero from boku no hero academia are great.

Wonder if Rudy doesn't tell her he was the guy who tried to save her since they didn't include it.

Double-page supporter
Oh shit. Is Fitts-senpai about to reveal "he's" true identity in the next chapter

Fed-Kun's army
return? fck that
mc already have 2 cat girls, 1 loli dwarf, a cute elf, a buff wife, and a fellow weeb friend

Dex-chan lover
@TomTangent
Being reminded of the past is one thing, living in the past another. For the character progression he should overcome his past. Moreover many aren't aware but personality is not the only thing which makes out a character, family social background, and even the body play important roles. In his old world he had no power and felt outcast as he was fast and mobbed... Now he lived 2 -1 decades in this new world with much more power and a second childhood. With him being a child he took on the behaviour of a child, with him being a adolescent he automatically adapts the behaviour of an adolescent. Why on earth does he still cling to the past in such painful manner. And why must I see that fat guy that always weeps.

I appreciate the balance

He just showed how strong he is but as soon as he saw her, he bolted.

The manga already reach here, man it feels like ages since I read about these events.
PS: Rudeus running for his dear life is always a sign of incoming danger.

@Toloran
When you deal with isekai, you have a few different subsets they fall into

1) the worlds are deeply connected, making travel somewhat possible but impractical
2) a beacon is in the worlds that allows travel between
3) we know how to send you back, but you are literally our last hope
4) its 100% random and going into infinite universes, the chance of ever going home is next to nill with no real way to do it.
5) transferring worlds is encroaching on gods power making moving between worlds near if not impossible.
6) hard block the possibility by god due to various reasons.

then you are for the most part put in that world for a reason, given power, ect ect. most people will go their entire lives without ever finding a reason to be there, sure they may have a job, but most people its just a way to live not something they love, many people have loved ones, but since recorded history people have left everything behind in hopes of better lives. you know our current lives "to late to explore the world to early to explore the stars", if I want to I can see almost anywhere in the world, there is no adventure, there is no thrill of seeing the unknown. whats left of the ocean we cant explore without submarines and even then can't without remote control subs

isekai almost universally puts people in a fantastic position to be whatever they want and fulfill dreams they may never have thought they could or gave up on.

Personally, if I was dumped in an isekai world where I was given a power, I would use it to the best of my ability to have fun, if I was put in a world of magic I would learn magic, if I was put in a crap circumstance I would exploit it to get the best for me. It would suck not having family and friends, but I don't have a family I created and likely never will, that's about the only situation where I would want to go back home besides just being dumped in a murder planet... which one isekai more or less has earth be, which is a very interesting concept you see crop up every now and then, granted more in science fiction then fantasy, that humanity IS the monster other races are scared of, where we thrived on a planet that at every step tries to kill us (look at australia) where I believe we have just enough gravity to make space travel almost impossible. sadly this concept is rarely ever explored.

Users who are viewing this thread