Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 14 Ch. 68 - White Mask - Part 1

Dex-chan lover
@WindOcean
I'm going to have to disagree a little bit with you on this one. I agree that he should be overcoming his past, that's literally the entire premise of this manga. But for him, he's constantly reminded of it because in a sense, you're right and he's still tied to his past. At the present moment, he has still been a NEET longer than he has been Rudeus. You mention that in his old world, he has no power and was fat and Rudeus realizes that but he also took personal responsibility. He had no power and was fat because he didn't do anything about it. I agree with TomTangent, I really like how unlike most isekais, the part where the main character was a loser isn't ignored when he goes to another world.
Not sure how much of this would be considered spoilers so putting it in spoiler tags just in case. One of the things the WN constantly pointed out was that he didn't act well as a child. He didn't do a good job behaving like a child. The parents knew he was acting like a child so that they wouldn't divorce after Paul cheated on his wife. Paul realizes that Rudeus doesn't respect him as a father and they are closer to friends. That's actually important back when Paul thought Rudeus was bullying other kids when he was saving Sylphe because it was the explanation on while Paul jumped on Rudues, because he wanted to actually feel like a father that can discipline his child. The maid was always afraid of Rudeus at first because she also realizes that he doesn't act like a child. This is also why Paul expected so much from Rudeus when they met up, because to Paul, Rudeus was more of an equal than a child. Rudeus personality matches his appearance now because arguably, he always had the maturity of a teenager. He became a NEET since high school and stayed as one til he was 34. He didn't adapt as a child and he's not adapting as an adolescent. He was a grown man with the mentality of an adolescent to begin with. And like an adolescent, he's still maturing. As the series goes on, he'll learn how important family is. He currently has little attachment to his current family, something that he brought over from his old life. This is why he wasn't in a rush to save his mom. This actually gets brought up a lot, that because he was already an adult, he never got the child like attachment to his mom that everyone expects him to have. Thats why he is much closer to Paul, because he's like a friend. He'll Learn to be responsible for others. And by the end of the series, when he speaks with Hitogami and finally overcome his past, he is able to speak to Hitogami as Rudeus, and not his old fat self that he use to view himself as.

I always liked Mushoku Tensei because it wasn't a series about the main character running away from being a NEET into another world (although I don't mind it when series makes fun of it like Konosuba), but it's a series about growing from your past if given another chance.

@ramzy The school is his new home/anchor point for the rest of the series; however, it will not stay the focal point of the series. He stays in the school, but most future arcs happen away from it. Most forget the Magic University was Rudeus' goal from the very beginning of the story. He tutored Eris in the early chapters because her father said if he fulfilled the contract he would pay for his, and Sylphyiettes', tuition for going there. Then the mana calamity happened. His goal then become to return home safely with Eris. Once he returned, he found his original home gone as well as Eris'. So, he has been looking for a new place to settle down in, and what better place than the very institution he was aiming for from the beginning? Also, his tuition is now free. What luck! Don't read this if you don't want spoilers ->
He will very soon understand that Fitts is Sylphy. They once again reaffirm their love and get married. Then Rudeus and Sylphy live off campus in the city as a married couple. They still, both, attend the school, and it will appear frequently in the story, but it will never be this huge of a focus going forward.

“Sword God King Pilfering Heaven and Earth Martial Sword God’s King Heaven and Hell Breaking Technique. Only then will his body be hurt.”
That’s what I thought of when I saw the long wuxia like name.

@WindOcean Because people don't suddenly become a "better" person by living. A 40 year old can be just as naive as a 10 year old. It is through tackling their flaws head-on do they finally become better. For Ruedus, who has lived nearly 40 years as a NEET, he has to work down the list before he's truly rid himself of his past. Personalities are hard to change. Fat Ruedus represents his true core personality.

I would also like to add that this symbolism makes the ending much more satisfying where in the last
talk with Hitogami, Ruedus not longer shows up as fat Ruedus but rather as Ruedus himself.

Double-page supporter
Childhood friend, Check
Panties of his teacher when he was a kid, Check
Lost his virginity to a girl he loved and not to a slut, Check
Not overly edgy, Check

Guys I think this guy is the perfect shounen isekai (male) protagonist from a manga/LN series so far

@Warilized Sadly, that arc is way ahead in the future, like 2-3 years from now. :-( But it's so fucking good that it's totally worth it. One of TOP 10 greatest plot twists for me for sure. :)

Before it comes:
Getting together with Sylphie, getting a kid with Sylphie and before birth going to the desert to save Mommy/Roxy/nomorespoilerbutfuckingHydra arc, and only then comes this awesome part that we both are waiting for. And almost immediately after that, best grill Eris returns. \o/

Paisen = Senpai crush = notice me senpai
For those who didn't get it like me.
Alsol Nanahoshi🤩

@Human_the_2nd it is one of the earliest novels that mainstreamed the isekai genre and the only novel I've read. Mind you I've read a lot of Manga and Manhua, but never read their novels even if they were dropped and the only way to continue reading was through the novel.

Group Leader
Yeah, how about no ?
No matter how I look at it, the dude got no reason to return to a world without magic and rotten by a society bound by forced productivity.

Damn she seems tooo psychotic. But I wonder if she'll recognize who MC is, if he explained. Someone spoil me pls if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread