Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 35 - Father and Elder Brother and Younger Sister

Dex-chan lover
@ZinkiSS I must have read wrong when I saw you suggesting that Paul should have taken Norn to the demon continent. Paul's a scumbag and drunkard to boot, but at least he had enough wits not to go and feed the little girl to some random monster.

@Kaarme

He had his rescue squad and besides, Even if he's not going to Demon Continent, He didn't bother either to Tell his Rescue Squad to search the Demon Continent. Look hes blaming his own mistakes on his son!
Even Roxy search for his Student like his own son..
If he's go to Demon Continent, He and Norn should just Stay at the starter town and order his Rescue squad to search for his family in that realm and yet, he blame his own child for his own stupidness..
Sorry to Lash you out :p

Dex-chan lover
@ZinkiSS He most likely has been spending his time searching places where it's relatively safe for Norn. Or that might have been his plan before he hit the bottle. Other people were covering the demon continent, as much as it was possible, which probably isn't much at all. It would be kind of pointless for Paul to travel there only to sit in the first harbour town for a year or two. Even the Central Continent is a huge place. His foremost mistake concerning Rudy was his idiotic expectation that Rudy would behave like some 30 or 40 years old seasoned adventurer who could guess everything that happened, could communicate and deal with the various adventurers' guild branches all over the world, and in general could see the big picture like someone who had years and years of experience in travelling the world and dealing with all kinds of issues.

@ZinkiSS
I hope you do realize that even Paul had trouble with a sewer monster around B-rank,and the Demon Continent had even worse monsters.

Fed-Kun's army
@SurviGynesis
@ZinkiSS
@Kaarme

well without wanting to spoiler to much from the novel paul did search for all the missing people and got into the bottle because while he had some success early on but after around half a year till now he only found corpses
what he expected from rudi wasn't to find everyone he wanted rudi to go and find their family while he finds everybody else and cut to the happy end
well but with him finding more and more corpses and remains he got more afraid of finding corpses of his wifes or children so he started drinking to take the edge off
he is still a douche, drunkard and coward but at least the drunk part is understandable

also just fyi because rudi was so brilliant and unlike himself paul has never realy accepted him as his son just like rudi has never realy accepted paul as his father... well lets say till now
which was also another reason why paul placed such expectations on rudi: "he is a genius isn't he so why can't he just solve it or even prevent the tragedy?"
i believe he actualy asked that in the novel and got punched in the face for it

Paul is shitty because he also traumatized by fear and guilt. He may have thought too highly of his son.
He should have controlled his temper since his violent behavior doesn't solve any problem but he's still a human.
I think Rudy should have tried to find out about his family too even though he is not sure whether they're safe.
For someone who has PTSD, I understand the feelings of both parties. It's stressful but this is why the story is realistic and has depth because how we handle emotions depends on our mentalities. You can despise Paul all you want but I think he is a realistic character showing how fuck up human can be. He also has other redeem quality though.

What he did was shitty, but this portrayal is incredibly realistic on both sides. At the very least, every time I come back to reread this chapter, I always almost end up with a few tears.

geese being a better father in 1 day than paul being a father for 10 years. you know its bad when other characters besides the son are calling paul out on his shit.

I need an Eris in my life because in real life I have a Paul who doesn’t see his mistakes

I think at this point, I should realize that men do not mature as quickly or that they are more into thinking logically than emotionally. He reason was emotional but his mindset was logical. I may be saying stupid stuff here but now I realized that I should be patient with male MCs now. That they are always idiots and that they don't learn at a flash. At least our MC here suffered for 33 years before realizing his faults. With Paul, I feel a bit more empathetic.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly, I never thought much of Paul since he was never a good character. He was a shitty father when he didn't believe his son and even beat him before asking for his POV. He was shitty when he cheated on his wife with the bitch maid...but even for garbage like him, this is a new low

Users who are viewing this thread