Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 9 Ch. 44 - Rescuing Lilia

Dex-chan lover
@Weasalopes
The problem is most reader might not notice the difference of translation quality, especially when its been a month from other group's release.
And most reader also will not notice the number of 'new' chapter until they read it, so its kinda understandable if they got disappointed when they realize it same chapter.
Not that i am ungrateful with their (CATscan) hard work. Now that they have catches up, i will stay with CATscan for next chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Well how about something different than b*tching about the upload of the chapter, i'm not sure about using "uninvoke" term. I think chantless is more accurate term to use.

Dex-chan lover
@neednolife:
That's a very false equivalence, somebody defacing your car is not the same as somebody putting out entertainment that costs you nothing.

You don't care about this chapter as you've read the other guy's scan already? Fine, but you could at least avoid whining about this one. It's not aimed specifically at you, it's not meant specifically for you at all, and you have no leg at all with which to stand on as you're just a bystander. Ignore the chapter and move on, at least don't be a prick to people for things that don't concern you ffs.

@shii: @avathar:
Jesus Christ the entitlement of you people is amazing.

Dex-chan lover
@Weasalopes why should we get mad at either group? Their both doing a pretty good job!( granted some chapters from either scan are better than the other, but that was bound to happen).

@Amplify this chapter really wasn't specifically aimed at anyone at all. As you said, its free entertainment! Its aimed at anyone that will give it the time of day (in the hopes they will like it and throw a donation or two at it). Either way, free or not, people are gonna criticize stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aggregator gang
@cherokeemoon
His father has made Rudy's life difficult in many ways.
The reaction of everyone in the capital when they find out who his father is, it's clear that he was a major womanizer from word one, and they always assume that Rudy will take after him.
This has not been good for his relations with the powerful.

It even impacts his friends.
The gal who wanted to learn how to cook, so she could cook for Rudy?
The one she asked to teach her wouldn't do it, because the last time he did so, the woman got hooked up with a major loser and he didn't think it would end well; from what was said, I suspect it was Rudy's mother and father, and it actually ended better than the guy though it would, but he was still correct in his evaluation of Rudy's father.

@Amplify eat bark and choke, this is the equivalent of doing @ everyone] on discord without reason and i dont care if you think i am entitled, all i want is no fucking false positive alerts every time

Maybe if we constantly ping you through @ you will realise what a pain this is

@Amplify

Nobody is being entitled you idiot.

It's a waste of the groups time to translate and upload a chapter that been up for months and then post it when readers are expecting a new chapter. If the groups who did this chapter,did the new one and posted it, nobody would be calling them out on trolling but praising them for putting in hard work and effort on translating the chapter.

Double-page supporter
It never ceases to amaze me that people can't see the irony of bitching about other people bitching. I also fail to see how if a service is free, that it is exempt from criticism and no one has ever given me a compelling reason to believe so. It seems like a childish fallacy or excuse to justify an opinion. It'd be one damn thing if they released the chapter in the same week as the other guys, but a fuckin' month afterwards is just ridiculous. You cunts saying that the translator is providing a service are full of shit. If they were "providing a free service" they'd translate untranslated chapters. Your "free service" is the equivalent of emptying an empty garbage can.

Finally, to jump on the train. @Amplify , hey buddy, go fuck yourself. The moral narcissism and arrogance is astounding. And to throw your words right back at you, these comments complaining about the reupload; It's not aimed specifically at you, it's not meant specifically for you at all, and you have no leg at all with which to stand on as you're just a bystander. Ignore the comment and move on, at least don't be a prick to people for things that don't concern you ffs.

@yautja
Couldn't have said it better myself. Was going to say something similar but you did it way better.

@Amplify
You're a massive douche. Just wanted you to read that.

Dex-chan lover
@avathar:
Dear lad.
So sad.
Too bad.
Your dad.

@shii:
It's a waste of the groups time to translate and upload a chapter that been up for months and then post it when readers are expecting a new chapter.
You don't get to decide what is an isn't a waste of a group's time, only they do. They're translating because they want to, you're here reading it because you want to, you don't get to decide anything for them and they're not doing it for your praise - they're doing it for themselves and maybe the occasional donation if anyone feels like giving them one.
You might as well try to tell everyone who plays video games not to bother because somebody else on earth has already beaten that game so it's pointless for them to do it too, these guys want to translate each chapter sequentially regardless of if anyone else has already done it or not (as most established translation groups do) and if you don't like that well that's too damned bad.

Power Uploader
So much nastiness below.

To put matters straight. It was always supposed to b CATScans or LetItGo taking over the project from it’s the previous one. One Time scans. When one time scans was winding down, the translator for the project went to CATScans, I had already made a promise to Teras the owner of OTS to continue it.

I take my promises seriously, even in scanlation. If I can do something, I will. Not to mention if 75% or more of the work is already done, I’m gonna release it.

Every series has some issues, be it in Proofreading, redraws, Typesetting or translation.

Some people get bent out of shape when a series gets sniped. I don’t, not really, I’ll groan a bit about it... especially when no one contacts me about if WE could use some help moving it out faster. That said, there have been the occasional request in discord (when no one is around to answer).

I’m the type of person who could give a crap about what another group is doing. To me it’s “my turf” and as long as the translator is willing to give me a script, I’ll not waste their efforts.

There is a question about why we wouldn’t just jump forward to chapters not yet done. Well, a couple reasons for this. We still offer old school irc downloads. Yes, I know... outdated maybe... and I really would rather not host another group’s chapters if I can help it. I do it with some of/most of FTH’s, Japanzai’s... Norway’s for various reasons. Series completion for a dead/disbanded group being one... but I digress.

One of the things I hate most as a reader is quality jumping suddenly. Or wait, why can’t I find x groups cX of this or that? Oh, wait, another fn’ group stepped in and did a crap job. It never makes me want to read more of that groups releases.

Even if we did try to jump the queue to a chapter not yet released, I dunno, call it ocd for me... I’d have this feeling of not having completed the job properly if I skipped a chapter that was “under my watch”.

We also tried to skip ahead on at least one other series, had it nearly all typeset and waiting on redraws and another group/single guy dropped the release on us. Kinda demoralizing after rushing to “catch up”. So I’m more of a “do it at my regular pace and say “f-it, do the quality we’re known for”.

I appreciate the kind words from all of you and yes, I’ve got the next chapter in progress. I also have no plans to step down releases of this series or any other as long as I have a script for it. So send your complaints to awootism or whomever.

Damnit, I hate using mag RAWs... they always seem so much “less”.

Double-page supporter
@Amplify
Thanks for proving my point. You clearly can't see the absolute irony and hypocrisy in your bullshit anger. Notice how multiple commenters are calling you a cunt, but no one is defending you. Makes you wonder just how bad your position is.

@GodricKharg
And you're the source of it.

Upload two chapters at the same time or release your redone chapter solely on your site and not MangaDex until the new chapter is done. There are solutions, you're just not looking.

While your reasoning is all fine and dandy, there's hardly any ground for you to shift blame or complaints to the previous translators, which if anything is pathetic if you ask me, and none of your response alleviates the justified, but overly aggressive in some cases, complaints. You're uploading a redo of a previously done translation which is of perfectly acceptable quality. Maybe yours is better, you have your reasons, but none of that changes or alleviates the grounds for complaints. Especially considering how long ago the original chapter was posted. There's no ground for you to stand on here.

Finally, don't shift blame. You're the one who posted the reupload and trying direct the reasonable irritation of your actions to another translator, who picked up the series because your group had gone 3 months without upload, is just plain dishonest and sad. Your group, for whatever reason, had not uploaded in 3 months, which is the standard amount of time to assume a translation is dead. awootism picked it up, translated and uploaded several chapters. Then you followed suit a couple weeks after their translations had been posted, with reuploads of what they already translated and continued to retranslate posted works while they uploaded new content. These complaints are no one's fault but yours. And if anyone "sniped" a translation, it looks like you did. Your justifications come off as a child complaining that someone took their toy that they no longer interested in up until the point someone else wanted it.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja:
Nah, it's just fun to call dipshits like you for what you are.

@GodricKharg:
Don't worry about it, the way some entitled fools here act you'd think that you had personally gone to take a dump in the middle of their living room carpet.

Power Uploader
@Yaitja

Acceptable quality to you maybe, it looks like shit to me.
Font choice, lack of redraws etc.

@Amplify

Thanks. I won’t, and the plan is to continue forward.

And I “do get” the frustration from the readers perspective, I’ve read many a duplicate chapter in the past, from Freezing, Sekirei, to much more refined series as well. Annoying but is it really worth being so aggravated about you piss off the people getting it to you?

Nope.

Actually, it makes me want to go out of my way to troll them...

Not that I want to... ;)

Double-page supporter
@Amplify
The commenters and your actions seem to agree on who the dumbass is.

@GodricKharg
Good job ignoring the important parts, like how you and your group hadn't translated this series for three months and how you're trying to pass the buck onto the previous translator for your fuck ups. Or how late the reupload is. Or how you could avoid this by uploading these chapters only on your site, or uploading them once you have new chapters. Now I'm certain your little platitude of a comment is just an attempt to mitigate anger from you onto others.

Power Uploader
@Yautja

And here I thought the importent parts was a quality release, acceptable to me and my team.

Where Did I blame the previous translator? The previous group had issues, I made a promise to help them along, to continue the series.

I think your ignoring the important bit dumbass. The fact the others jumped in without asking if they could be of help to move it faster. Nope, not a single word from them.

@amplify it seriously makes me want to troll him on purpose... ah well. I’ll just ignore his useless comments from now on maybe?

Dex-chan lover
@GodricKharg:
I mean, if you want to wait 3 months before releasing the next chapter just so as to piss off the leeches who seem to have taken it upon themselves to designate an acceptable time frame for your group to post new chapters in (and then get annoyed if you don't meet their arbitrary and poorly defined targets), I would personally 120% understand. I've no shortage of other things to read and do, and honestly seeing his frustration is possibly even better than a new chapter anyway imo.

Double-page supporter
@GodricKharg
You didn't read a damn thing. Ask you? They didn't have to ask you shit, your group hadn't translated it for over 3 months. Which is more than enough time to assume a translation is dead. Then they picked it up. After that, after they put out multiple chapters, you started putting out translations. If anyone had to ask for permission, it's your dumbass. You abandoned the project and they picked it up. You also said
So send your complaints to awootism or whomever.
as if the complaints aren't entirely your fault. I think you're ignoring the important part. You said you were going to translate it, you didn't put out any chapters for 3 months, and then act like an entitled child who's toy was taken away after they started translating it and people started bitching at you for uploading translations of already translated chapters. This is why people are bitching. Not only are you reuploading already translated works, you're being a narcissistic, infallible cunt who is seemingly unaware of why people are upset and acting as if you have no blame and couldn't possibly imagine why people would think so.

@Amplify

So you think it's okay for a group to post chapters which has already been translated for months, for their ego? That's some stupid ass logic.

You might as well try to tell everyone who plays video games not to bother because somebody else on earth has already beaten that game

And what a retard analogy to go along with your stupid ass logic. Playing a game isn't the same as translating a manga, you don't play a game to make others happy if you aren't a streamer or someone in the professional scene. If you're translating a manga, it's because you want to bring something enjoyable to readers, which is LetItGo/Cat's motive right? Or do they just want to stroke their e-peen, without caring about readers' appreciating their work.Just take a look at the comment section, how many people are praising LetItGo/Cat for translating this manga vs people bitching they got bait-alerted to a chapter which has been out for months?

If LetItGo/CatScans want to waste their time in translating chapters which has been out for months, then they should keep it on their own website and advertise it there, but don't post it on other websites then get upset when people who're looking forward to a new chapter dislike being trolled.

Can take that egoistical bullshit elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread