Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~

Ok I've tried to get into this manga several times, but I have a MAJOR problem with its writing: The story has no respect for its characters. Every character not only has some major flaw to their character that makes them unlikeable, but even their actions feel forced. I understand that problems can also arise when characters have no flaws, but for a reader to be invested, there needs to be likable characters. Having every man be either evil, insignificant, or a pervert while every woman flashes their underwear or cleavage every chapter makes me ask myself "why am I reading this?" over and over. Not to mention, the main character ALMOST has a good backstory of "NEET that wants a do-over", but any development is done with his actions (leaving the house, getting stronger, etc.) rather than having his personality change at all. I've read stories that have a very unlikeable main character (Overgeared comes to mind) but all of them are engaging because the reader wants to see how the plot will interact with said character and how they will develop.
Sorry if I seem overly negative, but I just had to get that out. I'm sure that if you can get past the character flaws or even empathize with the characters, this is an enjoyable story. I just don't see how it's so highly rated.

@Juggernaut601 just you, I love how the characters aren't perfect paragons of virtue and all have their flaws. Maybe you're just too used to the perfect MC shounen trope.

@LordOfDaWings Read the WN it's worth it, although this arc is kind of boring unless you really like
Sylphy

Lilia is pretty much rudy's woman at this point lmao
. I dropped it at ch 30+, glad to continue reading it after another 40 new chaps

Dex-chan lover
I knew about this but ignored it cause the MC was off-putting and gross at first. But the anime convinced me to try it out so I binge read it all in one day. Even though it has its ups and downs, exciting and boring arcs intertwined, slice of life and drama, I can say that I really enjoyed it. The world building is great and the characters feel realistic through their flaws. I also spoiled myself about what happens later in the WN and its ending and am now depressed. It's all so bittersweet and even though the manga is apparently not a good adaptation, I would still recommend it.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@derkies cuz its good? what do you like? smart phone in a different world? at least offer some good argument of why you think its bad, did you even read it?

Binged it. It's fucking awesome. I was reluctant to read it at first but man do I like it.
10/10 that's one isekai that works in my opinion

@derkies read the light novel which the anime is adapting which the anime is adapting from, not this trash. (or the web novel since the official English translation of the light novel removed numerous things)

@CptHornSwoggle The harem part doesn't really appear, maybe at the end but tbh it doesn't feel like a harem at all so far.
It's not one of those girl collectors isekai harem if you know what I mean
So yeah, check it out it's really good

@Yin_Yan I totally agree! The first two episodes of anime were awesome! I heard that it's following the light novel and for the first time I decided to read something like this. After going throught 1.5 volumes of the web novel (just didn't wanna go aheat of anime) I wanted to see the manga. And honestly it's bad, like really...

@Avrune read the webnovel if you didn't read it yet. also ask someone thats why there's a comment section to ask some of your questions on why blah blah blah

If you drop this for the same reason as me then try Faraway Paladin. I think the Faraway Paladin MC succeeds where this MC fails.

Users who are viewing this thread