Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Will consider it again later.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex-chan lover
If I was really into all those movies/games/animes, the more places I can choose the harder it be to pick lmao.
Yeah I agree not allowing previous entry as well.

Group Leader
I'm back! It's the middle of July already! Let's prepare for the second tournament, shall we?

OK. So we are set on battle music from video games, anime, and movies. But let's clarify what qualifies as battle music. To simply put, any tracks that play during a fighting scene is qualified. What if someone submits a track from a racing game? Or a platform game? Does a standard track that plays in a normal stage qualifies as battle music? Should we limit that to boss fight only? Should we even allow tracks from racing games/movies?
Fighting games are a little easier. Anything that plays while two characters are fighting is qualified.

If it's up to me, I'll probably be lenient and accept whatever. What do you guys think?

@Mr_Detective
I think a better definition of the theme 'battle music' might be 'intense action music'?

My opinion is that we shouldn't restrict the selection just to fighting or boss scenes despite the title inferring that. Battle scene music itself is quite variable, some OSTs have fun and playful melodies through many of their fight scenes -- like Samurai Champloo. Not quite the type of headbanging you would get with many other hyped-up battle themes like KLK.
And music from any section should be fine right?

Maybe we could better categorise our themes if we have some general keywords to go by? When I think of the theme 'battle music' I think of keywords like 'action-packed', 'epic', 'hyper', 'intense' and all of those similarly chunni descriptors. I would pick songs based off those kinds of things.

Dex-chan lover
Is it starting now?
Let's get this party started!
Now let's see the rules...

P.S Keep it simple, any music used during "combat." Community judgement can always be used.

tumblr_o4278pyvZH1roj09io1_400.gifv

Group Leader
@justforthelulz @Afiaki @pandascepter @EOTFOFYL You're right.
Let's keep the theme to battle music, as in any tracks or songs that play during a fight, regardless of whether it's action-ish or goofy. Some tracks are very exciting and intense, but they were never used in a battle scene. We can have a tournament for blood-boiling music later. So, no music from sport or racing games, or any non-action games/movies.

So, we have finally decided on the rules. Anything else anyone would like to add before I create a submission thread?

Dex-chan lover
so any character or stage theme from fighting games count? lole

Dex-chan lover
Does ambient music in an rts count? Those play regardless of what's going on in the game.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@EOTFOFYL
I don't think those ambient tracks would count, but if the music changes when you enter combat, then that track does apply.

Staff
Super Moderator
How many entries per person?
I think we should do the "4 submissions per person" again, i think that number is fine.

Staff
Super Moderator
@pandascepter
OP is solving multiple cases right now, he must be busy... or he passed out on his bed due to lack of sleep.

Group Leader
The rule of thumb is that anything that play in a combat scene is acceptable. Do those ambient tracks play during combat? If yes, then they qualify. Each person will be allowed 4 entries, unless we are short on submissions.

Sorry guys. I'm having some issues troubleshooting my PC at the moment. Give me a few more hours, if I don't fall as sleep again, okay?

Users who are viewing this thread