Music Tournament 2.5: Anime Openings! (Cut Versions)

Dex-chan lover

Music Tournament 2.5 has begun ended! Thank you for your support!​

1nLWyfJ.gif

Hey hey hey what's up General Forum, it's your boi bigtiddyoneesan, here to finally commence the long awaited (4 days to be exact) 'Music Tournament 2.5: Anime Openings (Cut Versions)'!

Take a look at this magnificent bracket!

or5W4Fj.png

And what would such an important event be without a special guest? I used the connections I've built up through the years to get a guy we all know and love. And he's not just any special guest. Nay, he's a celebrity guest! Can you 'guess't who he is?​

That's right, you guessed it! It's Ed Sheeran!
Take it away, Eddy boy!

ClLWmPfm.jpg

"You degenerates are all going to hell."
Thank you, Ed! We can always count on you to liven this place up!

I saw some great entries in the submissions thread, and with the amount of amazing openings we have in the running, it's could be anyone's game! It could be yours, yours, Or even YOURS! The full list of songs are right below, so give some of them a watch and see what you like! There's bound to be something here you haven't seen before!

Song Lists​
Sorted by Anime
(English names used where applicable)

.hack//Sign OP - Obsession
A Certain Scientific Railgun OP2 - LEVEL 5 -judgelight-
Amagi Brilliant Park OP - Extra Magic Hour
Anne Happy♪ OP - PUNCH☆MIND☆HAPPINESS
Asobi Asobase: Workshop Of Fun OP - Three-Piece
Assassination Classroom OP1 - Seishun Satsubatsu-ron
Assassination Classroom OP2 - Jiriki Hongan Revolution
Assassination Classroom Second Season OP1 - QUESTION
Assassination Classroom Second Season OP2 - Bye Bye Yesterday
Attack on Titan OP1 - Guren no Yumiya
Baccano! OP - Gun's & Roses
Beastars OP - Wild Side
Black Cat OP - Daia no Hana
Blade of the Immortal OP - Akai Usagi
BNA OP - Ready to
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion OP1 - Colors
Cowboy Bebop OP - Tank!
Dorohedoro OP - Welcome to Chaos
Dragon Ball OP - Makafushigi Adventure (Latino)
Dragon Ball Z Kai OP - Dragon Soul
Engaged to the Unidentified OP - Tomadoi→Recipe
Eureka Seven OP1 - DAYS
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season OP - Brave Shine
Fire Force OP1 - Inferno
Fullmetal Alchemist OP4 - Rewrite
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP1 - Inner Universe
Gintama OP5 - DONTEN
Gintama OP8 - Light Infection (Paint version)
Gintama' OP1 - Tougenkyou Alien (Fail version)
Gintama': Enchousen OP3 - Sakura Mitsutsuki
Gleipnir OP - Altern-ate-
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl OP - Os-Uchuujin
Haibane Renmei OP - Free Bird
Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto OP - COOLEST
Hellsing OP - Logos Naki World
Highschool of the Dead OP - HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira OP - Happy! Lucky! Dochy!
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OP3(v2) - Great Days (v2)
Kids on the Slope OP - Sakamichi no Melody
Magical DoReMi OP - Ojamajo Carnival!!
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 OP - Super Driver
Mob Psycho 100 II OP - 99.9
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing OP1 - JUST COMMUNICATION
Nadia: Secret of Blue Water OP - Blue Water
Neon Genesis Evangelion OP - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis
No Game No Life OP1 - This game
Noragami Aragoto OP - Kyouran Hey Kids!!
Nyaruko: Crawling With Love! Second Season OP - Koi wa Chaos no Shimobenari
One Punch Man OP - THE HERO !!
Protect Me, Heavenly Moon Guardian! OP - Saa!
Ramen Fighter Miki OP - Wild Spice
Rurouni Kenshin OP2 - ½
The Saga of Tanya the Evil OP - JINGO JUNGLE
Samurai Champloo OP - Battlecry
Shaman King OP2 - Northern Lights
Slam Dunk OP1 - Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai
SoulTaker OP - Soultaker
Tales of Zestiria the X OP - Kaze no Uta
Tesagure! Bukatsumono OP - Stand Up!!!!
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun OP - No.7
Vinland Saga OP2 - Dark Crow
Violet Evergarden OP - Sincerely
Yosuga no Sora OP - Hiyoku no Hane
Zombieland Saga OP - Adabana Necromancy

Sorted by Artist

3-nen E-gumi Utatan - Bye Bye Yesterday
3-nen E-gumi Utatan - Jiriki Hongan Revolution
3-nen E-gumi Utatan - QUESTION
3-nen E-gumi Utatan - Seishun Satsubatsu-ron
Aimer - Brave Shine
AKINO with bless4 - Extra Magic Hour
ALI - Wild Side
Asian Kung-fu Generation - Rewrite
Aya Hirano - Super Driver
BAAD - Kimi ga Suki da to Sakebitai
Customi Z - COOLEST
DOES - DONTEN
Erio wo Kamatte-chan - Os-Uchuujin
eufonius - Hiyoku no Hane
FLOW - Colors
FLOW - DAYS
FLOW - Kaze no Uta
Fran Chou Chou - Adabana Necromancy
fripSide - LEVEL 5 -judgelight-
Happy Clover - PUNCH☆MIND☆HAPPINESS
H-el-ical// - Altern-ate-
Hina Kino, Rika Nagae, Konomi Kohara - Three-Piece
Hiroki Takahashi - Makafushigi Adventure (Latino)
JAM Project - THE HERO !!
JAM Project - Soultaker
Jibaku Shounen Band - No.7
Karen Aoki, Daisuke Hasegawa - Great Days (v2)
Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets - HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD
(K) NoW_NAME - Welcome to Chaos
Konomi Suzuki - This game
Kou Otani - Free Bird
Linked Horizon - Guren no Yumiya
MAN WITH A MISSION - Dark Crow
Makoto Kawamoto - ½
Makura no Soushi - Akai Usagi
Masami Okui - Wild Spice
Megumi Hayashibara - Northern Lights
Michiru Kagemori - Ready to
Miho Morikawa - Blue Water
Mikakuning! - Tomadoi→Recipe
MOB CHOIR feat. sajou no hana - 99.9
Mrs. GREEN APPLE - Inferno
MYTH & ROID - JINGO JUNGLE
Nujabes feat. Shing02 - Battlecry
THE ORAL CIGARETTES - Kyouran Hey Kids!!
Origa - Inner Universe
Paradise Lunch - Gun's & Roses
Prague - Light Infection (Paint version)
The Seatbelts - Tank!
See-Saw - Obsession
serial TV drama - Tougenkyou Alien (Fail version)
Spyair - Sakura Mitsutsuki
Surface - Saa!
Tanimoto Takeyoshi - Dragon Soul
TRUE - Sincerely
TWO-MIX - JUST COMMUNICATION
Ushiro kara Haiyori-tai G - Koi wa Chaos no Shimobenari
Yasushi Ishii - Logos Naki World
Yoko Takahashi - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis
Yorico - Daia no Hana
Yua Suzuki - Stand Up!!!!
Yukari Tamura, Mika Kanai, and Yui Horie - Happy! Lucky! Dochy!
YUKI - Sakamichi no Melody
Yuki Matsuoka, Maho Dou, Chiemi Chiba, Tomoko Akiya - Ojamajo Carnival!!

And with that, on to the format and rules! These are important, so please read them at least four times!​

Format
[ul]- There are 64 entries in this tournament. All songs in the running are the cut versions of anime openings. In other words, they're the opening themes you see at the start of an anime episode. Visuals are, of course, included in their appeal. Factoring an opening's visuals into your vote is very much encouraged.

- Each phase of votes will span approximately 2 days. And after a voting phase ends, the next one begins immediately. Voting phases will begin and end between 10 p.m. and 12 a.m. Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). If you'd like to check where your time zone is, I brought this map with me, so feel free to take a look.

- Each round consists of a maximum of 8 matchups. Once the later rounds start, there will less than 8 matchups available at current level. Eight is the 'maximum' because we will not start voting on a higher level in the bracket until all the votes concerning the lower levels have been submitted and counted.

- If a matchup results in a tie, we will have the residential tie breaker, @EOTFOFYL step in to vote and break the tie.

- Whenever a new voting phase starts everyone on the 'ping list' will be @'ed in the post that begins the phase, which will notify them of the start of the voting phase. This list is used to encourage participation in the tournament. Without notifications and/or actual songs of yours in the running, it can be easy to forget a tournament is going on, especially if you don't have some sort of reminder. By default, the only ones on this ping list are the 16 contestents whose songs are in the tournament. However, if you wish to be added to this elite 'notification squad', just comment something along the lines of "ping me", and you'll be added to the list. And on the flip side, if you're on the list and for whatever reason wish to be removed, just comment "remove ping" or something of the like, and you'll be removed from the list.

- Each of the 16 contestants has one song in each bracket. This was done in order to level the playing field for each contestant, giving them all an equal chance to win. The placement of each of their songs into the quadrants was done completely randomly. The positions of the songs in each quadrant was also done completely randomly. I figured this was the most impartial method of creating the bracket.[/ul]​

Rules
[ul]- Votes from users whose accounts are created during (or after) August 2020 will not be counted. While votes from this category of users is unlikely, this rule is still in place in order to prevent any alt accounts from artificially increasing vote counts.

- You are only allowed to vote for one song in each matchup (obviously I guess, lol). However, you are allowed to spread your votes out through multiple comments for a single voting phase, if desired. For example, if you only vote for 5 out of the 8 matchups one day, and then vote for the remaining 3 the next day, your votes will be counted (given that the voting phase for those matchups is still ongoing of course).

- Voting for your own submission is allowed. I will be shamelessly voting for my own submissions, after all.

- Discussion of the openings is heavily encouraged. Even saying things along the lines of "this OP is shit" is allowed. (I mean, what would I do about it otherwise? Ban you? Lmao.)

- We're all just here to have a nice time rating some animoo openings. Just as in the Submissions Thread, not only is shitposting allowed here, it's actively encouraged. Have fun. And, of course, if you don't have fun, there will be consequences.

- Thanks for reading, famalamadingdong! 💯👌💯👌💯👌💯
[/ul]​

Results

Dex-chan lover
Look out, Detective,
OP coloured his bracket!
Fancy schmancy stuff.

Side note: For some bloody reason absolutely nobody bothered to uploaded the actual Violet Evergarden OP. What in the fuck?

Double-page supporter
I was expecting it to be scuffed as fuck, but it turned out surprisingly normal and neat in every single regard.
Good job, I guess.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Mr_Detective getting blasted, poor guy.
K, i'll vote tomorrow probably, but just in case lmao.

I vote for

Group Leader
Time for my votes!! I'll just be putting my vote in bold:

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun OP - No.7 vs. Assassination Classroom OP1 - Seishun Satsubatsu-ron
Shameless self-vote of the bracket.

A Certain Scientific Railgun OP2 - LEVEL 5 -judgelight- vs. Dorohedoro OP - Welcome to Chaos
What can I say? I love me some fripside.

No Game No Life OP1 - This game vs. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing OP1 - JUST COMMUNICATION
This was a tougher one for me. I love both to death, but NGNL takes it for me by flair alone.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP1 - Inner Universe vs. Eureka Seven OP1 - DAYS
This one was actually fairly easy. Both have good animation, but Flow just made a better song in this case.

Gintama OP5 - DONTEN vs. Asobi Asobase: Workshop Of Fun OP - Three-Piece
This one was wasn't too hard, but it did take a bit to come to a decision. Asobi Asobase's OP is a nice, charming piece of work that is brilliantly subversive. If you go in blind, you come out of that first episode dumbstruck, and in a good way. Gintama's OP is…well…it's Gintama so it wins. Duh.

Attack on Titan OP1 - Guren no Yumiya vs. Neon Genesis Evangelion OP - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis
This one was…was…uh……ummmm………………AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! *Korsai.exe has stopped working*
Jokes aside. This one is kinda impossible for me. I love both of these tracks absolutely to death and I just can't choose. They both fit my taste, they both do their jobs to perfection, and they both have amazing music that is undeniably awesome. As such, I will be abstaining from the vote in this match-up.

Engaged to the Unidentified - Tomadoi→Recipe vs. Blade of the Immortal OP - Akai Usagi
After the pain of the last match-up, an easy one is very much welcomed. Engaged to the Unidentified has it's charm, but I'm more inclined to the pure awesome of Blade of the Immortal. Also Lenny Face to those first 30-odd seconds. Watch in public at your own risk.

Hellsing OP - Logos Naki World vs. Violet Evergarden OP - Sincerely
Honestly, my first instinct was Logos Naki World all the way, but then I thought to take a look at the competitor as I'd never heard of an anime named "TRUE" only to be pleasantly surprised to come upon the OP to Violet Evergarden. I had forgotten how amazing it was when I first watched it, that I had my position flipped on its head as I experienced its grandeur essentially for first time again. I also took a closer look at the bracket and I noticed a distinct lack of Kyoto Animation OPs, so that kinda cinched it for me.

Also @bigtiddyoneesan fix your damn match-up list to reflect the anime. I almost voted WRONG at the end because I didn't recognize the name of the song. Please fix it before someone else actually does. And screw your match-up for my songs in rounds three and four!

Anyway, that's it from me for this match-up. I'll see you all in the next one!!

Double-page supporter
@bigtiddyoneesan
No child of mine would submit something as safe and boring as Brave Shine, Gintama OP 13, Guren no Yumiya and Colors.

Staff
Super Moderator
Oh, thanks @Korsai, i didn't see Violet Evergarden, that's also my vote.

Dex-chan lover
@Korsai
fix your damn match-up list to reflect the anime.
Fuck, yeah that's my bad. I'll change it lol. I meant for all of them to be "Anime - Song Name", but I guess I copy-pasted the wrong things. Ty.
And screw your match-up for my songs in rounds three and four!
Idk fam, they could definitely still win. All you have to do is believe. And if you have a problem with any of the match-ups, I recommend you take it up with RNGesus, as he's the one who actually chose the positions in the bracket.

@Halo
Whatever, old man. I chose them because I like them. And no, it's not a phase.

Contributor
Here be my votes.

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun OP - No.7 vs. Assassination Classroom OP1 - Seishun Satsubatsu-ron
A Certain Scientific Railgun OP2 - LEVEL 5 -judgelight- vs. Dorohedoro OP - Welcome to Chaos
No Game No Life OP1 - This game vs. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing OP1 - JUST COMMUNICATION
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP1 - Inner Universe vs. Eureka Seven OP1 - DAYS
Gintama OP5 - DONTEN vs. Asobi Asobase: Workshop Of Fun OP - Three-Piece
Attack on Titan OP1 - Guren no Yumiya vs. Neon Genesis Evangelion OP - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis
Engaged to the Unidentified OP - Tomadoi→Recipe vs. Blade of the Immortal OP - Akai Usagi
Hellsing OP - Logos Naki World vs. VEG OP - Sincerely

Oh, and @bigtiddyoneesan, the Makafushigi submission is Español Latino, not only Español. It's a very important difference.

Double-page supporter
@bigtiddyoneesan: Whatever, old man. I chose them because I like them. And no, it's not a phase.
Oh. Then it's even worse.

Anyways.
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun OP - No.7
Dorohedoro OP - Welcome to Chaos
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing OP1 - JUST COMMUNICATION
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP1 - Inner Universe
Gintama OP5 - DONTEN
Engaged to the Unidentified - Tomadoi→Recipe
Hellsing OP - Logos Naki World

Dex-chan lover
@kenx
the Makafushigi submission is Español Latino, not only Español. It's a very important difference.
Ah, I see. Well, just this once, I'll have to ask you to turn the other cheek. Onegai shimasu. (Also, the title as-is barely fits in the space lol, adding another word would make the font tiny.)

@pandascepter
I-it's not like I wanted it to look nice for you or anything, b-baka!
HewV1Bt.gif

Group Leader
@bigtiddyoneesan
Idk fam, they could definitely still win. All you have to do is believe. And if you have a problem with any of the match-ups, I recommend you take it up with RNGesus, as he's the one who actually chose the positions in the bracket.

It's not so much that I don't think they'll win, it's more that I'll actually feel a bit guilty voting for my entries in those match-ups. They got bracketed with songs that I love as much if not more than my own entries.😭

Staff
Super Moderator
I'll have to ask you to turn the other cheek.
You would anger a LOT of people by doing that in a spanish speaking website.

Users who are viewing this thread