Music Tournament 2.5: Anime Openings! (Cut Versions)

Contributor
@bigtiddyoneesan
Well, just this once, I'll have to ask you to turn the other cheek.
Don't worry, be happy. Just never say that in any spanish-speaking site.
Also, you could put Latino.

If you don't want pats, what about hugs?
xXq1lNP.gif

Dex-chan lover
@Richman
You would anger a LOT of people by doing that in a spanish speaking website.
Lol, I'm sure no reasonable person would get mad over something like that if it wasn't done intentionally though.

But anyways, what is the difference between Español and Español Latino? I honestly don't know.

@kenx
Thank you, I'll take a virtual hug from mommy Monika any day.
Also, you could put Latino.
Sure, I don't mind changing it. I just changed 'Español' to 'Latino'. It'll show up on the bracket when I update it in two days.

Contributor
@bigtiddyoneesan
This is the Español OP.
This is the Español Latino one.
The hispanic one (Español) sounds as if someone had a lucid dream after reading Don Quixote and the DRAE (Spanish official dictionary) and tried to fit that in the melody, with varying results. Also, Bola de Dragón actually sounds like you're talking about the balls of a dragon.
The latin one (Español Latino), IMO actually sounds melodic and keeps to the japanese one lyrics. Also, Alvaro Veliz. 'nuff said.
Hispanic people actually agree that the Latino version is better than theirs (well, tend to).

Round 1 votes in bold:

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun OP - No.7 vs. Assassination Classroom OP1 - Seishun Satsubatsu-ron

A Certain Scientific Railgun OP2 - LEVEL 5 -judgelight- vs. Dorohedoro OP - Welcome to Chaos

No Game No Life OP1 - This game vs. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing OP1 - JUST COMMUNICATION

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP1 - Inner Universe vs. Eureka Seven OP1 - DAYS

Gintama OP5 - DONTEN vs. Asobi Asobase: Workshop Of Fun OP - Three-Piece

Attack on Titan OP1 - Guren no Yumiya vs. Neon Genesis Evangelion OP - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis

Engaged to the Unidentified OP - Tomadoi→Recipe vs. Blade of the Immortal OP - Akai Usagi

Hellsing OP - Logos Naki World vs. Violet Evergarden OP - Sincerely

Dex-chan lover
@kenx
as if someone had a lucid dream after reading Don Quixote and the DRAE
Lel.
m4X0GT0.gif

Yeah, not gonna lie, that Español one is kinda wack. No wonder its video has so many dislikes. Probably people looking for the Latino version and finding that one instead.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
i'll finish voting, i'm not doing anything rn anyway.
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun OP - No.7 , in both openings, the characters look like stickers in a pre-rendered background, it looks really weird.
A Certain Scientific Railgun OP2 - LEVEL 5 -judgelight-, girls
No game No life, something something season 2, also how in the world the gundam video has 0 likes/dislikes and less than 100 views?
Eureka Seven, Ghost in the Shell's animation made me cringe super hard, so the other one wins by default.
Asobi Asobase, because i'm biased. Not gonna lie, Gintama's opening is the literal definition of battle anime opening, with people just standing there looking at the camera, or turning around towards the camera, and no context fight scenes, that made me laugh.
NGE
Engaged to the Unidentified OP - Tomadoi→Recipe, I don't know this one, but it looks like the animators took some serious drugs.
Violet Evergarden, the first anime to make me cry in some years, episode 10 stabbed me, shot me, beat me around and then stepped on my corpse.

Dex-chan lover
ayy mia voto

TOILET-BOUND HANAKO-KUN OP - NO.7
where else i can find a middle school ghost boy on bondage?

DOROHEDORO OP - WELCOME TO CHAOS
i had hard time choosing between middle school girls with explosion or a buff woman making gyoza.

No Game No Life OP1 - This game
While No Game No Life OP lacks big robot fighting each other with loud sfx and beams, Gundam Wing OP lacks everything else. still good, though.

Eureka Seven OP1 - DAYS
transforming racing car giant robot on skyboard vibing with violin and stuff

Asobi Asobase: Workshop Of Fun OP - Three-Piece
BECAUSE THE WHOLE THING IS A LIE!!!

Neon Genesis Evangelion OP - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis
because shinjy wont get on the robot

Engaged to the Unidentified OP - Tomadoi→Recipe
a perfectly fine excuse to look at cute highschool girls

Hellsing OP - Logos Naki World
because fuck you too

Dex-chan lover
The salt is strong here.
Drink some water my brothers,
You'll be needing that.

Contributor
Round 1 Votes in Bold:

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun OP - No.7 vs. Assassination Classroom OP1 - Seishun Satsubatsu-ron
A Certain Scientific Railgun OP2 - LEVEL 5 -judgelight- vs. Dorohedoro OP - Welcome to Chaos

No Game No Life OP1 - This game vs. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing OP1 - JUST COMMUNICATION
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OP1 - Inner Universe vs. Eureka Seven OP1 - DAYS

Attack on Titan OP1 - Guren no Yumiya vs. Neon Genesis Evangelion OP - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis

Engaged to the Unidentified OP - Tomadoi→Recipe vs. Blade of the Immortal OP - Akai Usagi

Dex-chan lover
TOILET-BOUND HANAKO-KUN OP - NO.7
DOROHEDORO OP
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM WING OP1
GHOST IN THE SHELL
GINTAMA
EVANGELION
BLADE OF THE IMMORTAL
HELLSING

Dex-chan lover
I'll submit one vote for now and get to the rest later.

Attack on Titan OP1 - Guren no Yumiya

I'm not surprised Evangelion is so popular. It's a classic, after all. But I think that standalone, Guren no Yumiya blows Evangelion's OP away, no contest. Also, Shinji is a whiny bitch. Eren is less of a whiny bitch.

Dex-chan lover

No.7
Dorohedoro
NGNL
Ghost in the Shell
Donten
Evangelion
Blade of the Immortal
Hellsing

Group Leader
Lol. What's with you guys going nuts over the colored brackets?
059.gif

I didn't think anyone would care about it, so I chose one that was easy and fast to edit. If you guys want something fancier, then well noted. Ask, and you might receive. Will see what I can come up with next time.
101.gif

Hm. Some of these aren't exactly bad, but they just don't feel very interesting to me.

Not really impressed by either one of these. Wait... is that one of the legendary traps in anime!? AC gets my vote!

Been listening to Judgelight since I was in my last year of high school. Still a great song until now. Sorry, but Doro has nothing to compete. If this song doesn't advance to the next round, I'll be very shocked.
27.gif
Still, not that we haven't seen surprises before...

I wonder if I've heard No Game OP before somewhere... It sounds very familiar for some reason. Probably at work some time ago... Well, still a more entertaining song than Gundam.

Ghost is alright, but not something I'd like to listen to again.

Aw man... Tough choice. Now these two are both good. Gintama gets the vote because it's more exciting, but Asobi is something I'd like to listen again when I want to relax. Might check out the anime, too, someday...

Zankoku is another song that I've listened to for a long time. Unfortunately, AoT is just a little bit better. Well, can't go wrong with either one.

Not really impressed much by these two. At least Tomadoi is more pleasant to listen to.

Not liking the Hellsing one much. So, Violet gets the vote, as I find it more entertaining to listen to.

By the way, why did you decide to arrange the list based on artists' names? I think you should have sorted them out alphabetically, because when I look at these songs, I wouldn't know what anime they're from, anyway. Not that it matters, but just feel like asking since you decided to list all the songs from the beginning.

Votes from users whose accounts are created prior to August 2020 will not be counted.

Roger. Gonna go create my undercover alternate account now.

Dex-chan lover
@Mykennai
Hmm, yes. I guess nobody's votes will be counted, then.
Holy shit I can't believe I typed that lmao. Good catch, I just changed it.

@Mr_Detective
By the way, why did you decide to arrange the list based on artists' names?
Mainly sorting by anime made the most sense to me, so match-ups are shown sorted by anime. Sorting by artist was just done in the original post to also show the artists, as well as (somewhat) credit them. And besides, finding a song by Ctrl+F the song or anime title is easy enough.

Assassination Classroom OP1 - Seishun Satsubatsu-ron
Dorohedoro OP - Welcome to Chaos
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing OP1 - JUST COMMUNICATION
Eureka Seven OP1 - DAYS
Gintama OP5 - DONTEN
Neon Genesis Evangelion OP - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis
Blade of the Immortal OP - Akai Usagi
Violet Evergarden OP - Sincerely

Dex-chan lover
No.7
Welcome to Chaos
JUST COMMUNICATION
Inner Universe
DONTEN
Guren no Yumiya
Tomadoi→Recipe
Sincerely

Group Leader
MawMaw is voting early? What sorcery is this?

Wonder how many more will vote today...

Users who are viewing this thread