Music Tournament 2.5: Anime Openings! (Cut Versions)

Dex-chan lover
@Mr_Detective
TitsMcGee-Berk turney is just so well made and clean lookin that I feel compelled to start from the beginning :^)
not like I really want my submish to have a chance to win or anything baka the less than 2 minutes per song does help
q3uMsJF.jpg

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@MawMaw
Source please?

Oh my god, i didn't watch the virtual hug gif to the end, top tier.

Staff
Super Moderator
129 chapters
:D
only 15 chapters uploaded
D:

Staff
Super Moderator
I'm gonna pass, thanks.

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun OP - No.7

Dorohedoro OP - Welcome to Chaos
What i really like in Dorohedoro opening are the bunch of stuff that apparently make no sense but are just veiled spoilers of stuff that only happens much later than what the anime could adapt (well, i guess that they are veiled spoilers, it could be just random stuff and i am seeing things were there is nothing)

No Game No Life OP1 - This game
The battles in Gundam opening seems disconnected of the rest, which, for me, make the whole opening look alike more an fanmade amv than an official composition

Eureka Seven OP1 - DAYS
The CGI animation of Ghost in the Shell make it look like some old cheap PS2 game

Gintama OP5 - DONTEN
I think is funny how much OP5 for some reason reminds me of the OP1

Neon Genesis Evangelion OP - Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis
Ok, this one is a freaking hard decision, both have awesome songs and are visually incredible, but the old design and animation are more attractive for me

Engaged to the Unidentified OP - Tomadoi→Recipe

Hellsing OP - Logos Naki World

Group Leader
@bigtiddyoneesan
Shinji is a whiny bitch. Eren is less of a whiny bitch.

That's bullshit until season 3 (debatably). Shinji is only worse because he doesn't have any other notable character traits, while Eren gets to have a freaking character arc and development!
Though he (Eren) does become a complete, insufferable emo prick by the final arcs of the series

Staff
Super Moderator
@Korsai
Lmao, Shinji was 14 year old me, except living in a way more fucked up world, i had some of the thoughts he had during the series, but yes, shinji was pretty wimpy, not gonna deny it. To think that it's only been 4 years...

Dex-chan lover
@Korsai
Eren's (It's 'Eren' not 'Erin', maybe autocorrect idk) character arc still makes him less of a whiny bitch tho. To be clear, I don't dislike Shinji; part of the reason he's so memorable and such a meme is because he's a whiny bitch. I don't think people would change that part of him if they could.

(Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan manga spoilers)

I'm assuming anyone who's reading this is either caught up with SnK or doesn't care about spoilers. Please don't read if you do care about SnK spoilers.

Though he (Erin) does become a complete, insufferable emo prick by the final arcs of the series
I don't think Eren's demeanor is described well as "emo" or anything of the like. His entire worldview changed when he realized that beyond the walls, not only had all the land already been explored and claimed, but there were billions of people who were actively against the freedom of Eldians/Paridisians. Instead of a free and undiscovered world he had always dreamed of, he was met with this cruel reality. But that's not all that changed him.

Eren was aware that he would commit mass genocide from the end of season 3 onward. When he kissed Historia's hand, he saw past memories, yes; but he also saw future memories of him activating the rumbling and killing innocents with his army of wall titans. Seeing something like that changed his personality drastically. He had to grapple with the fact that he himself would apparently commit mass genocide in the future.

And yes, Eren did attempt to look for other ways out during the four year timeskip. But he eventually resigned himself to wiping out the rest of Earth's population in order to protect the people he cared about, and accepted the role of a devil he would be given as a result of his actions. Eren completely hates himself after the timeskip. How could someone not hate themselves if they fully recognized the gravity of their actions, those actions being the massacre of billions of innocent people?

tld;dr I think that Eren's development is really well-written.

Also, I welcome various perspectives on works of fiction, so please don't take this as a rant lol, as it wasn't intended to be. It's just my own understanding. And I'm pretty into SnK, so I try to understand as much as I can about the story and its characters.

Staff
Super Moderator
Speaking of SnK/AoT, i never watched the anime or read the manga, it feels really weird knowing it is popular, yet still having no idea about it besides giant anatomy models with silly faces.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman
Speaking of SnK/AoT, i never watched the anime or read the manga, it feels really weird knowing it is popular, yet still having no idea about it besides giant anatomy models with silly faces.
egAPmyWt.jpg

I can't recommend it enough. Everyone I've shown it to (yes, irl) has gotten hooked and really appreciates the show for all the things it does well (not as much as I do tho ofc).

If you don't want to get spoiled, I'd recommend just binging it (anime and then manga from where the anime left off). It's worth going into it blind.

Double-page supporter
@Richman here's a good, somehow spoiler-free review https://youtu.be/50_EOGvqFEA
I still can't believe it predicted so much back in 2013.

Also
Eren did nothing wrong.

Staff
Super Moderator
Sure, i'll watch it next week... month... year? timeline... life, god pls help
When i'm motivated.

Double-page supporter
@bigtiddyoneesan Richman won't catch on that detail without reading the manga first.
It's spoiler-free for new readers, but has so much insight for those of us who follow the manga.

Staff
Super Moderator
I feel like i was called an air-head, but i'll let it slide this time.

Group Leader
@bigtiddyoneesan
First, thanks for the correction, I don't know how I botched it that bad. The quote was right there for me to check!
WG5yYAR.gif

Second, in regards to Shinji, I'm in complete agreement with you. Shinji is perfect the way he is, and we love him for it. I don't deny that in the slightest.

Third in regards to the Shingeki no Kyojin

I'm just kinda shitpostingquoting the usual complaints that people who just failed to comprehend the situation/didn't care cuz they just bein' haters tended to give during the early stages of the arc in the manga (don't know if they're still using them or not, I stopped watching/reading chapter reviews pretty soon after they started that shit). I actually get the whole transformation in his character, you just mandated that
not only is shitposting allowed here, it's actively encouraged
and
if you don't have fun, there will be consequences
so I'm just sticking to the rules you put in place.

Users who are viewing this thread