Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 4 Ch. 88.5 - 『Side Story』Brand New

Dex-chan lover
d8b.png

Dex-chan lover
The mystery has been resolved... they have spare glasses.

It is onee x shota.

Teresa in a suit... it gives me feelings, good feelings.

Dex-chan lover
More like "my racks has gotten bigger lately" HNNNNGG

Dex-chan lover
teresa 2 gud

it bothers me that the new kid looks like gospel's head slapped on another body

@xxsaznpride
I've got no problem with you doing this series. The tl differences are pretty significant, and I'm also really not a fan of when tls add their own dialogue unless it's necessary.

as long as someone does it :)

Dex-chan lover
I'll just sit in the corner eating my popcorns. Competition sounds great if the quality is directly challenged.

Double-page supporter
@sdarkpaladin Competition is the best thing for the readers. I remember the old times, around 14 years ago, when it was extremely common for a title to have multiple groups working on it and nobody cared.

Sometimes, a group would even call out another group's translation, pointing out the difference in quality or speed of release.

Nowadays, people start to bitch when another group takes a shot in translating the same title they are doing, as if there is some inherent right to translate a title if you are the first one to do it.

Sniping is not something new or dishonorable, it is actually something good to our subculture, and should be seen in a positive light by the community.

Fed-Kun's army
"My current suit is getting small..."
She's still growing? 😍

Dex-chan lover
@metaldog564: I'm guessing that "sniping" becoming less and less negatively perceived and recieved is because back in the day, there were multiple major scanlation aggregator sites that competed against each other, which in turn encouraged competition between different scanlation groups since they could post their respective "products" on different sites. But with so many of those aggregator sites being forced to shut down to repeated anti-scanlation witch hunts by governments and publishing companies, the sites' admins being unable to keep up with the increasing workload of sustaining said sites, and/or real-life circumstances, many of the scanlator groups were naturally forced to either publish their work on the same site(s) or start up their own indie sites.

Hell, IINM, Batoto was the last remaining major aggregator site before it went belly up, with MangaDex inheriting the mantle. Seriously, what other scanlation aggregator site exists out there that is anywhere near as popular as MD?

Aggregator gang
Sniping is looked down upon for a number of reasons. One of the ones most significant to the readers is the fact that it often results in series being abandoned entirely. A new group comes in and starts pushing out faster translations than the established people, the established people quit because why should they bother when someone else is doing it faster and people clearly aren't appreciating the effort they were putting in, then the new person who picked it up on a whim quits because they don't have the attention span to keep it up long term, and suddenly there's no one translating the series.

The old translators will likely have picked up some other series in the meantime, so they can't come back to the sniped one, and so the readers are left begging for someone, anyone, to come in and resurrect their beloved series. It is quite common that no one does, and they're just left with nothing.

Dex-chan lover
@madcat6204 Yeah, I agree with you there. I have to be honest, as much as I respect and appreciate Entropia's scanlations, I do think by comparison xxxazn's translation is more readable (I can't speak for accuracy, though, I don't have much of a grasp of Japanese). However, in practical terms, as you say, while competition between groups might lead to an increased quality of translations, when people are doing this for free it also leads to series being abandoned, which is very unfortunate. If there were some agreement between Entropia and this newcomer, or some guarantee that the series would be looked at by somebody if either party lost interest, I think many fans would feel more at ease. But that's probably not likely. Oh well, I really like this manga, so anybody willing to scanlate it for the rest of us, especially for free, has my support whoever they are.

Users who are viewing this thread