Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 6 Ch. 130 - Suit Order

Dex-chan lover
I prefer to donate directly to their fanbox/patreon/whatever. I don't mind people pirating since the TL manga scene wouldn't exist without it, but some people are super militant about not dropping even a single bit of currency. And I think in the long term that might be counterproductive.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck, man. Zeke has it rough. Can't even be there to see his cute af son. Shit should be illegal

Fed-Kun's army
There's no debate scanlation is piracy. Whether or not piracy hurts sales is a fundamentally different question though.

Even dropping the question of whether or not 1 pirate = 1 lost sale, pirates spread word of mouth concerning series for people who can buy the product. Even if you don't agree with that, if you get enough people interested, you can pull a Crunchyroll and turn your quasi-legal anime translation pirating website into an official business. Or like what Fakku did. Or like what T-Series did. Much like the owners of Mangadex have already professed they wish to do here someday.

Dex-chan lover
if whoever reads unofficial translated manga/novel/etc thinks it is not piracy, then that person is just a hypocrite.
The author and the license holder is not obligated to make it available for your region, the author never intended to make it available to outside japan, so that phrase of "I just consider it piracy only if there is a viable mean for me to read/watch but I choose to not pay for it" is pure hypocrisy.

That media exists doesn't mean anyone has the right to watch/read/listen to it.

@kaminomikan Necessity finds its way.
If they don't want to invest in a market they can earn money with, why we should care if they are "losing potential consumers" when by their logic they never had any overseas.

The debate is not if it's piracy or not, but if they are losing money with piracy in this case.

Sincerely? It's as much as how many consumers would but a manga in a language they don't understand of a serie they don't know because, again, they don't understand what's written.

TL;DR: Negligible.

There are some some authors that will use the DMCA in japan as it happened before, but some authors will use this as free advertising as they most likely hope that some American company will look at what is popular and by the license as it is risky if they go international if it flops like Tokyopop.

Do you honestly believe that companies are not gathering information off of this website to see what manga needs to be licensed.

Dex-chan lover
@Hikari_Owari reading manga is not a necessity is a luxury.

And let me put the quote from that last page again
"I just consider it piracy only if there is a viable mean for me to read/watch but I choose to not pay for it"
So, No the debate is not just about if they are losing money or not, it's about the hypocrites that think they aren't doing piracy, and think that is their "right" to do it. That someone can do anything doesn't mean that is the right thing to do.
I enjoy reading manga, reading light novels, watching anime, and I know that 8 of 10 of the manga/anime/novels that I consume come from illegal means because there is no other way to access it, but you won't see me saying "it's their fault for not making it available for my region" "I don't consider it piracy because no one owns the license in this region" "it's my right to be able to read/watch it" Because again, it is not a necessity, it is a LUXURY.

It's not a right, so just piracy it, read it, shut it up, and buy when you can (and to the original publisher whenever you can) but remember if you didn't buy it is piracy, don't pass it as another thing.

As a person who's very into fashion and making clothes, I very much envy Kamp's power. Eating as much steak, or just consuming as much protein as possible, to create the fabric needed to make clothes, then weave it in an instant. Plus it's a high quality fabric, so even if you didn't feel like designing or making clothes, you can literally make millions by patenting your own fabric and selling it to designers, as it's unique to yourself.

Dex-chan lover
I'm trying my best to buy the physical copies but I really don't trust the our local post office to get my purchased product safely delivered. Heck, I also don't trust the delivery companies of those online stores. We had an incident a few months ago that somebody uploaded an image that the delivery men was tossing the goods into the truck and the packaging are not even made to protect it. Here's the video => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF8r7H4xGS8

Luckily, there's a book store who can cater my needs but it takes a long time for them to get the goods (I blame the Japanese Publisher on this one). It took a lot of my time to get a copy of Volume 1 of Overlord LN.

I would love to support the artists of mangas I read, but I currently follow over 400 mangas. If I supported all of them I'd be broke.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations as always. Man, Chii-chan does look good in a suit. Anyways though, pardon me for asking but if I just click on Heal and Squeeze on the Tonari no Young Jump page, does that add views to Zyugoya's statistics or anything? I can't understand Japanese (that's why I need translations, lol) so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread