Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 6 Ch. 130 - Suit Order

Group Leader
need some Merii x Chiharu yuri 🍴

also, can someone gives me what was the pentagon pun in japanese? (don't forget to @ me)

@kaminomikan By your definition reading from a friend that bought the manga is piracy then, as it's your friend who bought it, not you.

Taking a photo and storing it is piracy?

What if you photograph your copy and send it to your group of friends so you don't need to lend your physical copy?

What if you disponibilize your collection for free to read in your job. You paid for your copy and you're free to do whatever you want with it, no?

Is translating it piracy? Or only sharing the art?

So reading LN from scans isn't piracy as the text you're reading is someone else's translation work?

The problem is that they're reading your product for free or that the money you invested isn't giving return because they're reading it for free?

If is the latter, which money you invested specifically in the western market to argue losses in said market due to piracy?

If you're not obligated to invest in western market, why bother with piracy there even tho your sales in western market are solely due to piracy, as no advertisement was made there?
You're earning money and reputation w/o any extra investment aside from the one done locally in your country.

You're not the one earning money with sales outside your country? Why do you care if you don't bothered with the market there?

The discussion is far more than is it piracy or not
It's money, has always been.

You can work with that to earn your rightful money or leave things as is.
Making it stop isn't an opition, never has been, because what you call piracy, in essence, with this product, isn't.

Also entertainment is a necessity, it's one of the things involved in keeping your mental health, which is equally important as your physical health.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hikari_Owari

By your definition reading from a friend that bought the manga is piracy then, as it's your friend who bought it, not you.
Not piracy as it involves the purchase of a physical book and can share that physical copy as you please.
Storing? No. Distributing? Yes.
What if you disponibilize your collection for free to read in your job. You paid for your copy and you're free to do whatever you want with it, no?
In this specific example you paid for the physical book and thus own your physical copy of the book, not the story written in the book. The entire library system relies on this not violating copyright and thus not being piracy.
Is translating it piracy?
If not authorized by the author. Yes, it is literally impossible for a translation to be an original work, or it wouldn't be translation.
Or only sharing the art?
Not only sharing art.
So reading LN from scans isn't piracy as the text you're reading is someone else's translation work?
It is piracy.
The problem is that they're reading your product for free or that the money you invested isn't giving return because they're reading it for free?
Irrelevant for whether something is or isn't piracy.
If is the latter, which money you invested specifically in the western market to argue losses in said market due to piracy.
I can't tell if you meant to type a statement or a question, it reads like both. If your question was actually "What money was invested in the western market to argue losses in said market due to piracy?" Again, that is irrelevant for whether or not it is considered piracy.
If you're not obligated to invest in western market, why bother with piracy there even tho your sales in western market are solely due to piracy, as no advertisement was made there?
First, no one in in this thread is the original creator, so why are you writing your statements as the original creator needing to explain their reasoning? Second, "why?"? There's a thousand reasons "why" someone could do something. Be more specific with your question. Do notice though that this statement admits that piracy is occurring just that the author shouldn't care because sales are occurring because of piracy.
You're earning money and reputation w/o any extra investment aside from the one done locally in your country.
That doesn't change whether or not the act is considered piracy. It only argues that certain acts of piracy are beneficial for the original creator. It's this logic that allows the doujin business to thrive in Japan even though it is blatant copyright infringement. That doesn't stop it from being illegal, it only makes it beneficial.
You're not the one earning money with sales outside your country? Why do you care if you don't bothered with the market there?
Again, why are you asking him as if he is the original creator? Are you instead asking possible reasons why the original creator would want to? The original creator's reasoning can be "I don't want people reading my work outside of official channels, fuck the money." and you could chew a big fat turd because it doesn't matter if it hurts him, it's his right as the copyright owner to say "fuck you".

Making it stop isn't an opition, never has been, because what you call piracy, in essence, with this product, isn't.
Theft will always occur. Murder can not be stopped either. The lack of ability to stop the process has no bearing on it's legality or moral consequences. It is blatantly piracy. Whether or not piracy is a bad thing in all cases is a fundamentally separate question.

Also entertainment is a necessity, it's one of the things involved in keeping your mental health, which is equally important as your physical health.
Even if someone were to agree that entertainment was a necessity, that doesn't mean you have the right to entertain yourself with whoever's work you want without condition. Just like food is a necessity but you are not legally allowed to take it from whoever you want.

If you want to argue whether or not piracy is legal, it's not. See Mangadex removing series when copyright holders force them to. If you instead want to argue whether piracy is moral, that's an entirely different question. Do you instead want to talk about whether or not piracy is a moral thing to do?

Dex-chan lover
@Hikari_Owari

By your definition reading from a friend that bought the manga is piracy then, as it's your friend who bought it, not you.
No it won't, why? because I would be lent the book, or the account to read said manga, but if what I'm lent is a reproduction/duplication outside what said friend bought, then yes it would be piracy in said case.

if said photo is used outside of "fair usage" yes. If you pay attention almost all media comes with something that starts with "Any partial or total reproduction or representation for other purposes on any medium whatsoever is prohibited without prior and express authorization from..."

What if you photograph your copy and send it to your group of friends so you don't need to lend your physical copy?
yes is piracy.

You are lending the copies you bought. Different from duplicating and lending those duplicated copies.

Is translating it piracy? Or only sharing the art?
if you don't share the translation, no. when you share it, yes.

it is piracy. You would be reading an unauthorized/illegal reproduction of a copyrighted work.

Irrelevant, even if posted for non-profit, it is still the property of someone else, and unless that person says that is ok to go and release copies/translations, releasing it would be stealing the rights of property of the author.

If is the latter, which money you invested specifically in the western market to argue losses in said market due to piracy?
Irrelevant, it can be piracy even if is a non-profit publication.

So it is ok that someone comes to your house and takes away without your permission something you aren't using?

Irrelevant, what would make author earn money would be the legally bought (books, manga, etc)

Property rights, is to the one that creates something to decide what to do with that something.

Maybe it is about money, but still, is the decision of the one that created it, or owns the rights, to decide how/who/when etc. something is used/distributed. Which take the discussion back to piracy.

You can work with that to earn your rightful money or leave things as is.
depends on the author or license holder, but still doesn't change that it is piracy if anyone that doesn't have the authorization to do it, release copies and/or translations of other intellectual property.

It is an option, or didn't you saw entire titles being taken down here in this site, or entire websites being closed down? stop deluding yourself, it is piracy.

And you can find lots of things to entertain yourself that are free. But reading/watching something that someone has uploaded without having the rights or permission to do is piracy.

So stop trying to find excuses to make yourself and others think that you aren't doing it. So I will quote myself.
It's not a right, so just piracy it, read it, shut it up, and buy when you can (and to the original publisher whenever you can) but remember if you didn't buy it is piracy, don't pass it as another thing.

Dex-chan lover
Something reminded me of the comment I wrote for this chapter yesterday and I apparently didn't even post it. Guess I can just lazily chuck the gist of it here now.

Yes, unexpectedly, somehow, piracy = piracy. Shocking revelation.
FSWHJ6O.png

@albirew
The buttons are pentagons
pentagon = 5角 "gokaku"
to pass (her entrance exam) = 合格 goukaku

(not gonna lie, I think I did a really good job preserving the pun)

@Wolfwhistler
Okay, damn, I don't read/watch nearly that many. The trick is to just pick a few that you really like and put what you can toward them.
A little support for a few artists you like is better than not supporting any of the artists at all.
Just do it while being financially responsible and you're golden.

@Hikari_Owari
@kaminomikan and @Chrona responded to you better than I could have, so I'm only gonna tack onto what they're saying.

Ask anyone who gets a physical/digital serialization greenlit and they'll say they want their work to be read by as many people as possible.
If given a proper offer, I imagine Zyugoya would say "yes" to international licensing.
Hell, I'm sure anyone would.
The problem is whether or not they get that offer in the first place.
Maybe foreign (non-Japanese) publishers don't think MazoHaha is viable outside of Japan. Or maybe offers were made but talks fell through.
We don't know.
You're implying with what you've said that the author has put in no effort, but you haven't considered whether or not he even can.

@zaldun
You're welcome, bud.
Ch.2 of Heal&Squeeze is out tomorrow, so my entire Friday after work is gonna go to that (and chapter 1 took 8 hours or so to do cus I fucking suck),
so you can probably expect the next chapter of this on Saturday JST.

@glomoro
I can hear her voice

Dex-chan lover
@xxsaznpride She's a fun character, could dedicate an entire folder to her reactions and such. I get a lot of mileage out of that one that's a picture of her with a joke sailing straight over her head.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for telling me about the Artist's fanbox! Now I'm able to give 'em well deserved money, even if it's only a few hundred yen a month. It's pretty cheap so I encourage everyone else to do the same!

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why you guys even bother replying to dumb ass comments, you can't change an idiots mindset.

Dex-chan lover
Just for the curious. I don't think the pentagon-agonna pass joke connected.

The word for pentagon in Japanese is gokaku (互角), and barely sounds similar with goukaku (合格, to pass) in Japanese.

So there. Flies away in Chavacano

Users who are viewing this thread