Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya - Vol. 6 Ch. 136 - Yoake Island

Have people never heard that valley girl accent where they refer to all their friends as "girlfriend"???

Dex-chan lover
I call all my bro’s “boyfriend” I don’t see what’s wrong with girl calling each other girlfriend

Dex-chan lover
People are posting all about the "girlfriend" translator note at the end

Meanwhile I can't believe they managed to translate something as "W.A.P." in an appropriate manner

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! With regards to page 5, I have no doubts Bunny-chan's dialect is really that uncomfortable in the original text, my only concern is someone reading this many years in the future may not understand the localization if the term WAP fell into disuse and didn't consult UrbanDictionary.

These new characters seems really strong/important as is Merii's reaction to the island.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I love that you managed to translate her like this. You make a persuasive case for why it makes sense, and I find it refreshing to encounter a character with such a strong voice - even if it's the voice of a degenerate sperg memer. I'd love to see you make a serious attempt at translating different dialects. I was one of the ones who quite liked the scottish demon, and while you certainly didn't, I'm now convinced you could have done it better.

You need to remember that a lot of the people reading on this site are likely esl.

Users who are viewing this thread