Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Sign

I remembered when I read the first chapter I thought this might be something heartwarming. Man how wrong I was back then.

Dex-chan lover
I dont know but i feel more shock look at how freak out the comment in every release than the manga itself. Is this really that fucked up. I feel it quite light. For the dude at least. Will need to see more of the girl side.

@Raygunsama @esega
I completely agree with Raygunsama . As young children, they are not very capable with making short or long term positive decisions and therefore it's important for the parent to make those decisions in their stead. However, as they grow older, the relationship should be transitioning into a friend-like relationship based on trust, love, and respect. Being a helicopter parent can often have very undesirable results in the children's' psyche and general upbringing into adulthood.

As children grow, parenting shifts from making decisions for the younger child to helping older children and adolescents make decisions on their own, while minimizing the chance that they engage in high-risk behavior. Parents can provide needed support and affection and help adolescents understand how their choices can affect their health and well-being. In fact, research shows that parents continue to have more influence than peers on many important outcomes, including whether adolescents smoke, use alcohol or other drugs, or have sex.

Developing and maintaining a positive and strong parent-adolescent relationship has real consequences. Positive parent-child relationships are associated with higher levels of adolescent self-esteem, happiness, and life satisfaction, and lower levels of emotional and physical distress. Close parent-child relationships also have been linked to safer sex behaviors among adolescents and lower use of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana.
Source: U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-development/healthy-relationships/parents-child/index.html

Parents that are control freaks often leads to low self-esteem, general unhappiness and depression, self-defeatist attitude, felt like they are not in control of their life emotionally and mentally, increased risk taking, and general emotional and physical distress. Basically control freaks are emotionally and physically abusive.

Fed-Kun's army
I wish to support them getting togheter or at least helping each other out, but at the same time don't wish to support them because I feel that girl will do something bad to the guy that will throw everything into a downward spiral of chaos.

Seriously conflicting feelings.

@reunsigned She is very likely pretending to be caring. Through the whole chapter, I think that she is thinking that he was starting to drift away from her. At first, she likely sought him because she knew she could always remain in control (hold the dog's leash) and considering how she gave him that "wanna run away togheter" proposition before, she likely wanted to start a new life with him not really because of love as she told him but out of knowing how desperate his situation was she saw that he was relatively certain to accept if she just kept pushing the right buttons.

This could also be why she was "surprised" when he told her that he had a fight with his daughter and that they made up: you can see her eyes because the author likely doesn't wants to give too many cues about what she thinks (is she happy about the fight? or perhaps it reminds her of her own toxic situation? who knows), but then you see the long pause before she decides to say "I see" after the dude tells her that everything actually worked out well, only to finish congratulating him for having that talk with his daughter with what seems to be a forced smile.

When she sees him after that "thank you", no blush in the panel and just staring at him, she is likely thinking that he is that he is moving away from her (the dog pissing on her in her dream). Then she sees the bandage (most likely had a plan ready to tempt him into something again or just get in his mind a bit like she usually does) and then she takes out the first bandage to see the second one underneath it... and notices the dog is still on the leash and with her. rather than pissing on her the dog is still faithful to her, which is why she laughs at the surprise since she was worrying over nothing... and then just to MAKE SURE the leash and collar is not getting off any time soon, she replaces the bandage making sure the guy keeps being hers.

Power Uploader
Oh yes, I like where this is going.. nice "dark" drama :)

@Raygunsama @Enternal
Thanks for the knowledge, it give me different pov about parenting.

My point is to 'share', beetwen parents & children. I don't control too much of her personal & social life, I don't want to give her too much pressure like Koto. She can do & be anything she want in the future. I encourage sharing relationship with her, so I can give her proper guidance & care. Therefore, It's important to know about her life. Her friend, hobby, study, & problem. One of the ways is to check her phone. Sure, people call it privacy infringement. But hey, there's a wave of awareness the importance of parental control in smartphone. Internet is a dangerous place, today.

Dex-chan lover
@esega I can understand that desire to know, but checking their phone is like forcing your way into their conversations with friends. It's like a parent following their kid around at school, listening in on everything they say. That would be insanely wrong in person, but somehow it's ok on the phone? I disagree.

The best way to 'share' is to foster a supportive relationship. Be understanding and don't judge; when she gets involved in bad things ask about her reasons and talk about why she shouldn't, rather than getting angry or upset. Making her feel safe about talking with you is the best way to actually get her to share, to know about her life. If you simply invade and/or control her privacy, it's more likely to teach her how to hide it better, to be a better liar. Maybe ask if she's comfortable about showing her phone, on her own terms?

My mother was a big control freak in regards to my friends and such; I still, as a grown man, find myself subconsciously lying to her when she asks about such things. I hate the feeling of being supervised in my personal relationships.

@esega Nop. You cant. Childrens not your slaves. They MUST have they own space. And if you forcing yourself into that space, get ready to be offended by them in future. Basically reading you childs mail without they permissions is best way to make him\her hate you.

really i hate those kinds of parents who indulges herself into theie children's private life to that extenet

Fed-Kun's army
So, putting the bandage = putting a leash on her dog, eh?

They are both each other's form of escapism.

Also, this girl reminds me a lot of Misaki from Welcome to NHK.

Users who are viewing this thread