Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 4 Ch. 31 - Runaway Daughter

Dex-chan lover
Time for papa to ditch Miya. Then adopt Koto as his new daughter and do immoral things.

So who commits suicide first? Or do several people do it at the same time? Maybe a murder suicide?

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane keep in mind Miya seems to have shut herself in her room for an unknown (afaik) length of time and probably isn't the most socially aware person because of it.

Her dad's a creep and a bad parent but not actively abusive.

Dex-chan lover
Without reading the chapter I already know why the dad gains so much more sympathy from me.

It all comes down to the weight of responsibility each party bears. The dad is under an extremely heavy load having lost a significant other multiplied by the uncertain future of single parenting, so it's reasonable that his knees buckle. Notice how he didn't actually do anything with the girl. The fact that anybody at all doesn't like what he's done despite the lack of any real negative consequence from his fling signifies the responsibilities that even the readers are placing upon him, at least to me.

Meanwhile the daughter, while having a decent excuse for her actions, has comparatively no responsibility. That also means she gets virtually no say (this would apply whether she is a child or not). However she is acting out when she bears very little weight (aside from the tragedy), to the point where I would generally classify it as entitlement. Regardless of if this behavior is reasonable, it is hardly acceptable. If she had contributed to the household and the Dad still did that, she would instantly gain much more sympathy from me and the Dad would also lose a lot since that would have been less off his shoulders to begin with if she was helping, or at least not being a recluse problem.

That being said, the author raised so many flags for a bad ending by now and bypassed all of them, somehow it's getting even more incredulous even though it should have hit the limit for that a long time ago.

I really don't care what happens to Miya at this point. I've looked ahead at the next chapter (32)
Nothing much happens in it. Dad rushes to the meeting he missed adding more stress and anxiety. Keeps trying to get in contact with Miya. He does get a reply but it something like " Won't be coming home. I am staying at a friends house" adding even more stress and anxiety. Gets a call to come pick up the developed photos and ends with him opening the envelop. Wouldn't be surprised if the following chapter (33) leads to his breaking point. Whether that breaking point is him saying fuck it and decides to just go all out with the relationship he has with Koto because it gives him a little light in his dark world. Or is too depressed to even go to work anymore leading him to get fired. We'll have to wait and see.

I've read in a comment somewhere that there are current 34 - 35 Chapters out currently. If someone knows where to find does chapters please let me know I don't think I can wait for them to get translated lol.

Dex-chan lover
i'm on dad's side all the way, miya needs to learn something called empathy
i suggest reading https://mangadex.org/title/2099/my-girl if you want some proper, wholesome single fathering with a realistic daughter
actually nvm, it's sad af, i don't recommend, except for masochists like myself

Contributor
maxresdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I've read comments saying how the dad should or might commit suicide. If he did that Maya would just blame the Dad being selfish and this being the ultimate proof.

I've seen comments defending Maya or saying look at it from her p.o.v. while just glossing over the dad. When the mom died Maya lashed out and blamed the dad for being selfish and only caring about work, then proceeding to shut herself in her room. Which tells me for the first couple times she saw\talked to her dad she either yelled or cold shoulder him (Ch. 1) The dad allowed her to skip school, ignore him and lash out at him most likely thinking that Maya may be right (guilt) or giving her too much space\time to grieve in that manner.

@Remy88Lebeau

I've read comments saying how the dad should or might commit suicide. If he did that Maya would just blame the Dad being selfish and this being the ultimate proof.

She can view his suicide in 2 ways. Well more than 2 but just gonna use 2 of the most likely ones. First is the way you mentioned which is proving her idea of her Dad being selfish and non caring. The second is blaming herself for his death. Only relieving how much shit her dad has been going through and the fact that she was only adding to it. While he was at least trying to mend their relationship. Granted I don't think he'll kill himself, at least not any time soon, but these next few chapters are going lead to a major turning point for the dads life or breaking point to he mental stability.

Team Dad all the way. Don't want Miya to die, but she needs some hard life lessons. She has almost no grounds to stand on, almost. Mom wouldn't have lived as long as she did without dad working. He no doubts regrets not being at her deathbed more than Miya hates him not being there. He could have worked less and sent the family into crippling debt adding to moms health issues (stress leads to even more physical issues) but that would only make their lives now worse. She's been acting out this entire manga and it needs to stop.

Once again people siding with dad who wants to fuck an underage girl and not a young girl who feels she has lost 2 parents and her best friend

y'all are completely terrible human beings

Dex-chan lover
@Blanche
He's also a dad that spent a half a day looking for that ungrateful daughter of his. Plus the same argument can also be used for the dad right? He lost his wife and his daughter instead of grieving together with him decide to stay in her room and then blamed the dad and her best friend who by the way is facing her own trouble for shutting her away? Nani the fuck? Also in case you missed it, the dad rejected Koto's sexual advances remember? Now tell us again why we are bad people for siding with that guy?😒

Please let mah boi kousuke rest a bit.. too much suffering/10
I'm not asking for koto to save him, because she needs to be saved too. Aaaaahhh.

Users who are viewing this thread