Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 6 Ch. 50 - Questioning

It's over bros,
if kousuke managed to get away with this i call bs.
Prison arc, ere we go!

@ClinTEastwooD Actually the police seemed quite understanding, trying to see how things actually happened. If this was Murica, he would be in jail no questions asked. Truthfully, they are indeed close and don't have a sexual relationship. That part is not illegal. The kiss basically is the only problem here.

People actually thinking hes going to jail are absolutely deluded. He's going to get off scott free and I look forward to it.

He was never going to go to jail, because he hasn't been caught in bed with her, especially if Koto is honest.

Worst thatll happen is he'll lose his ability to work.

@Lithe couldn't have put it better myself, nice.

Dex-chan lover
May as well provide an actual basis for some of my past thoughts - at least I'll have something to refer to later:
So many flags....that this story will end happily.

1. 'Delinquent' actually happened to be wise, told the girl who was running away from her problems to confront them, then helped her do it. He's probably seen some shit too, at least he's open-minded. I anticipate a backstory, not a flashback, just a recounting. Not an unreasonable development, but questionable in even existing in a story that could easily/should probably end in a train wreck. Side note: this early point in the story was where I kinda realized my desire for the train wreck ending was ironically derailed.

2. Kouhai did not fall into OL stereotypes with office gossip. Saw an interesting confrontation and withheld any judgment. She's definitely end-game (she hasn't done much so far); same assessment as above.

3. MC didn't really cross any lines. Why not just let him give in and fuck her? It would be reasonable if he was broken enough, which by many judgments he should be. However he's held out pretty damn long. Beginning to think this is more than just stalling for additional volumes and sales. I think the author is weighting a certain conclusion id est the 'perfect end'.

4. Latest events: cops not jumping the gun, also being fairly calm. I think MC's total inability to lie is actually helping him here, but depends on how humane the cops are. They seem pretty humane, currently.

Too many (reasonable) coincidences. If there was only one or even two of these plot points I probably wouldn't doubt an impending train wreck, but now...
Admittedly still wracking my brain trying to figure out how the mother will wake up and actually become a good parent. That's right, I don't think she's going to be the fall-character, she's gotta get her healing too. But it's by far the hardest to imagine, not enough is known about her. I think Koto and her really need that heart-to-heart, maybe MC will help set it up after all this (fake) tension.

Rehashing one of my original predictions for general story direction: daughter heals first thanks to delinquent; MC has a base to heal other than Koto; he can help Koto normally, and he will end up helping her; Koto establishes relationship with mother on a better path; dad comes home(why's he faceless?); Kouhai & MC get together somehow. It works out and they live happily ever after.

3 chapters practically at once is an interesting sign. I don't know if I'd bother to trust the twitter comments regarding the author's assessment of the story though.

He won. Daughter will go against her mom in the next chapter because she realized that her mom is the weird one 🤡

@Lithe

Pretty sure the mother won't face reality, resulting in an altercation with Koto. The MC will most likely shelter Koto under the pretext of his daughter is her childhood friend or something. The public will probably accept it as having mental health issues and domestic violence is pretty looked down upon in Japan more than the rest of the world.

Ultimately, I'm not really sure at this crossroad of a chapter...

Too short. While I hate the mother, understand that her daughter is a MINOR. Talk all you want about consent, or how she wanted this, but as an adult, MC knows more than to get involved with her.

Come on. Where did it show that this guy is suffer from "losing loved one". Imo, Mc was just overwhelming with the responsibility of a father.

It's seem that his wife had been the one take care of their daughter and everything at home. Now that she gone (she was sick) the daughter was left with the father while they're aint close. He was inexperienced and never have to make an efford to the daughter. He just want to run away and be lead on in a relationship with this girl who he has no responsibility.

Are they in love?? Pff dont make me laugh. Who did this guy even love except for himself. His wife? Daughter? This Koto girl???
This story isnt romance. It is horror, it full of thrill and drama. MC not gonna has a happy ending, he made all the wrong choices that why he get in shitty situations.

Fed-Kun's army
Dunno 'bout ya'll, but Koto's inaction is starting to piss me off.

Hopefully, that changes soon.

Dex-chan lover
Contrary to the majority opinion, I think that this will actually go well for MC because they don't really have any evidence to prosecute him.

Also if you catch it, this chapter confirms SHE kissed HIM, not the other way around, as implied by him reluctantly saying he consented to it, being he was the passive agent.

Considering how this manga has been going I was expecting the cops to be all over his ass. I was pleasantly surprised

Fed-Kun's army
@Baja

In general, Japanese households are run that way, but it seems he still genuinely loved his daughter. I find it baffling when people would bring food to their room and not drag them the Hell out, yet it seems something North East Asian parents who "don't know what to do" but "want to still care" do. (I know a 20-something year old Asian American who locked herself in her room because of her neurotic fear of COVID, yet her parents bring her food everyday).

Dex-chan lover
Koto silence in last two chapters is equivalent to a betrayal. And his weak will finally come back to bite him, not that I can't understand that he's mentally vulnerable. But sadly it is no doubt that it's his responsibility to maintain his mental integrity so that it is not a harm to anyone. Not that Koto did not contribute to this, but it is widely accepted that controlling yourself is something teenage needs to learn, and thus can fail. This chain of events is just combination of multiple points of failure, it is not entirely fault of anyone, but many bad things accumulated. Though according to law, he would receive all the blame, it is wrong to compare him to real pedophile.

Users who are viewing this thread