Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 6 Ch. 52 - Friend

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane Your patience is astounding, and quite frankly, a little disgusting to see from a distance lol. I can't place my finger on it, but I think some people have trouble either reading or just plain thinking and imagining, either way they're trapped in some kind of box and can't get out - to the point that words on an Internet forum probably won't reach them, only hard-hitting experience can.

Good luck, enjoyed your posts, mostly.

I have no idea why koto is apologizing now she knew what she was doing and how it was affecting miya she's only cutting off the relationship because of her mom.

Group Leader
the comments section is one of the best aspect of this manga 🙃

i also chuckle a bit when i see many theories that end up being off. next chapter will not be an ellipses fest! been working on it since yesterday.

Group Leader
@Starbright My best guess, also based on having seen the next chapter, is she probably feels somewhat bad to have put Kousuke in such a predicament after all, and she's just very sad overall, so she thought it was a good idea to apologize. Something like that. She's not a master strategist, she probably apologizes because she feels bad about him and Miya, not because she regrets what she's done.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tamerlane sure but that isn’t really relevant to the situation here. What we’re talking about is wether Miya’s level of responsibility and expectant maturity of someone in her situation. Expecting her to have an adult response and a rationale and logical conclusions to these types of things, when she’s only fifteen or sixteen, and showing very clear signs of rapidly declining mental health IS preposterous.

We know that the manga takes place in central Tokyo, and it took me three seconds to google and find out wether those services are available in Japan. They are by the way.
https://www.fukushihoken.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/smph/jicen/english.html
But you’re right. It’s never referenced in the manga. In fact there is never reference to Kousuke even attempting to find alternate situations on how to handle his daughter who refuses to go to school or leave her room. Another point for bad parenting. Also I’m not American.

The images you sent aren’t showing up, but I’m assuming you didn’t include the very next page that clearly shows what Miya thought about the exchange and how she viewed him suddenly proposing something like that in such a vulnerable and unsure situation as self serving. And in hindsight she is not wrong. After all, and i can’t stress this enough, he did go back to Koto the very next day. The reason the entire conflict is happening in the first place.
By the way I never wished for him to force her to do any of that. My wish for any parent who finds themselves in a situation they feel is out of their control is to seek out outside support. And by outside support I definitely don’t mean to unburden your emotional difficulties on another god damn child.

If a child told me they didn’t feel same at home and were feeling sick, I would call the police, and I hope you would do something similar. At the very least I would bring them home to my daughter, believing they would definitely benefit more by connecting with a peer rather than an old man who himself has a pretty bad track record of taking care of young girls who don’t feel safe at home.

Their relationship by nature can not be genuine. She is way too young and too emotionally unstable to understand the implications and consequences of what of it entails.
The only time Kousuke ever thinks about Koto is when he’s at his worst, clearly clouding his judgment. He can’t even clarify their relationship even when she asks. Their relationship is imo absolutely a facade.

How about when he stayed the night with her at the karaoke bar and ignored his daughters calls? And when he arrived home she was a complete mess and he lied about his whereabouts? What about when he agreed to go on what was explicitly called a date to the aquarium? How about when confronted by his daughter and coworker he doubled down, called it a flirtatious relationship and justified his actions?

Also the entire point I tried to reach from the start really fits in here. When Kousuke does something wrong or reacts in a way that isn’t particularly good, he’s “psychologically vulnerable”.
However when Miya has similar situations happening to her, she’s “selfish” and takes things for granted and she’s just not taking enough responsibility for her actions. Why are y’all unable to extend the same amount of sympathy for Miya that you do Kousuke?

It’s mentioned a few times and I didn’t address it but it’s not like I do not have any sympathy for Kousuke. I understand he’s going through stuff as well. I understand that he’s human and sometimes make bad decisions. We don’t live in a vacuum where we always do what’s right. The story depends on Kousuke to be a fuck up because if not there wouldn’t be a story.

However I think there are major differences between Miya and Kousuke that for me makes Miya a much more sympathetic person than Kousuke. The most major one being that Miya is a child and that Kousuke is an adult.
After fifty chapters Miya has been able to go back to school, get more friends and is even attempting to reconnect with Koto.
Kousuke on the other hand hasn’t done anything to further help himself. He has consistently relied on an emotionally abused teenager to self medicate. Imo my forgiveness and empathy of Kousuke has wayyy expired.
I’m going to give a new answer to what I think Kousuke should do. What should he do? Literally what he should have done from the start. Get help.

I’m absolutely lost at how you believe that anything I’ve said is on track with Koto’s mother. My entire point from the start was to defend Miya. If anything all of what I’ve suggested would have benefited Koto a lot more than enabling the relationship between MC and Koto.
I don’t know if this is controversial, because it shouldn’t be, but MC isn’t actually helping Koto. He cant even help his own daughter, so how would he possibly be of any good news to Koto.

To me Kousuke is the one who is unintentionally most similar to Kotos mother.
By continuing a relationship with Koto he knows that he can’t cooperate with police to save her from her mother. Demonstrated pretty well in the last few chapters.
Similarly he doesnt seem to understand that through all this time having been playing hooky with Koto he has been neglecting his daughter and instilled a lot of uncertainty and distrust in her. Which I am absolutely comfortable describing as a type of emotional abuse.

I’m not going to change my mind about any of the moral questioning abt this. However I will believe that this story might not end in a way I would find satisfying at all, though I think that’s a part of the thrill of it all lol. So who knows. A lot of your interpretations of this could be closer to the truth.

Group Leader
@Deebees @Tamerlane
what i find the most interesting about your exchange is that you both bring out very valid points, and i keep thinking you're both right. Kousuke's definitely not #1 parent of the year, but he's not the #8billionth either. Miya is not the teenager of the year, but she's not the worst either, and she's growing inside, as shown by her not pushing Koto away completely. also, to me, the fact for K&K is that, while their relation is the last thing a healthy adult wishes for, they've got it, and once you've got feelings for someone, it's hard to wriggle out of it, and you don't really want to either. that, to me, explains why Kousuke keeps going back to Koto, and dumping her would've been difficult for her too. I dunno. It's complex. Both their lives are difficult and they're both broken, but they had found each other in that broken-ness, and now...

Next chapter spoiler:
It's unraveling big time. There's a huge cliffhanger at the end as well. So brace your hearts. And in that turmoil, we get some answers on how K&K feel for each other, but it may be too late.

Fed-Kun's army
@princess_daphie I feel like you summarized it pretty well!!
Look forward to next chapters big nonsensical discussion that will go on for six pages! Thank you for your work.

Dex-chan lover
@Deebees
I'm not asking her to have a perfectly rational reaction and to think completely logically and objectively, as I don't think even most adults would do that, but it's still a false dichotomy to assume she has 100% agency or no agency over her actions. Additionally, not all mental health is the same and, while each one may effect cognition differently, it does not exclude the possibility of her being able to think or discern what is the right or wrong actions to take, nor does it inherently exonerate her of responsibility. Even at 15-16, I would expect her to at least be able to reasonably have enough empathy to understand the efforts her father is facing, and I think it's disingenuous to say that just because someone hasn't reached full maturity that it means they can't be held to account for their actions.

I don't think it's fair to say that Kousuke not knowing or not actively seeking out alternate solutions somehow condemns him as neglectful, as typically people do not immediately jump to such measures to solve such personal and intimate problems. Especially considering that in Japanese society, and even Western society to some extent, men are expected to be much more stoic and solve their own issues. Not to mention that it is unlikely that he would be able to find time to schedule such services or look for means of solving them himself. In a meta-contextual sense, it could also be said that part of the reason it's not addressed is because introducing outside elements and adding a new character and dynamic solely based on a therapist when the crux of the story is based on the drama and characterization sorrounding the issues of the two families first and foremost and how they interact with each other would just muddy the waters and remove tension, so I don't know how much you can blame directly on Kousuke or if it's just something to facilitate a more interesting narrative. Even then, there's plenty of evidence to suggest that neither Miya nor Kousuke would actually want to bring child services into this because they view it as a personal matter, and I think Kousuke wants to connect to his daughter on a personal level, and bringing someone else would just further alienate the two of them.

The images you sent aren’t showing up, but I’m assuming you didn’t include the very next page that clearly shows what Miya thought about the exchange and how she viewed him suddenly proposing something like that in such a vulnerable and unsure situation as self serving
I did but you missed the point where he ASKED HER ABOUT HER OPINION ON THIS AND SAID HE WOULD ONLY DO IT IF SHE WANTED TO. He was DIRECTLY asking what SHE wanted. If there is an element of selfishness on his end, it is overshadowed by his instance on trying to help his daughter. Plus, again, you've set it up so Kousuke can't win. If he tries to help his daughter, ask what she wants and proposes a solution, he's labeled as selish. If he does nothing, and lets her sort her own issues out on her own, he's neglectful. If he so much as asks her to do something, he's seen as too pushy.

And in hindsight she is not wrong. After all, and i can’t stress this enough, he did go back to Koto the very next day. The reason the entire conflict is happening in the first place.
The issue is that it's a post-hoc argument. Neither of them knew he would do that and he was not planning to do that until he, himself, had a crisis and a mental breakdown by having his own daughter basically slap him in the face for trying to reach out to her, run away, and then he got chewed out at work for constantly being distressed about it. Kousuke's not able to carry all the burden form the past few days at once. Remember that right before Miya ran away, he got chewed out by his parent or in-laws (which is potentially even worse given the death of his loved one) and was confronted in front of his Kouhai by his daughter for having some kind of relationship with Koto that was not sexual but could be described as intimate. He was broken down and felt like he was drowning. Sometimes, no matter how strong your will is or how much you think you can carry the burden of life, you need a shoulder to cry on, and Koto just so happened to have texted him in a way that could indicate she needed him as much as he needed her support. He was a man who was on his last legs in that moment and I think that if you felt like you just had everything valuable ripped away from you like losing your spouse and then losing your estranged daughter after potentially losing your one source of income, you'd be willing to run back to the one person who is the only person you know who gives a damn about how you think and feel.

By the way I never wished for him to force her to do any of that. My wish for any parent who finds themselves in a situation they feel is out of their control is to seek out outside support. And by outside support I definitely don’t mean to unburden your emotional difficulties on another god damn child.
Life is never that simple, unfortunately. Seeking help with your issues will always shift some burden with the idea that the more people that share a burden, the less it weighs on each individual. However, he was caught in a situation where he didn't have the time nor the money to seek support from a third party he did not know, did not have any one who was willing to bat for him, nor did anyone else seem to help. We do the best that our circumstances can allow us to, and Koto was the only opportunity that presented itself for his help. It should also be acknowledged that Kousuke didn't go to Koto. Koto went to Kousuke and it was her gradual wearing him down that lead to him running to her ultimately. Also, again, she's not a CHILD, she's a teenager.

You may view it as semantics or pedantry, but no, it's very clear that your diction is important to how you view this situation and the framing of your argument. Koto and Miya are two or less years away from being adults in the eyes of the law. At some point soon, they're going to have to be able to be independent and by now they should know that they should take responsibility for their actions. By using the term "child," you're not only indicating a removal of agency from their personhood, but infantilizing them and assuming they are completely devoid of any accountability or free-will for their choices.

If a child told me they didn’t feel same at home and were feeling sick, I would call the police, and I hope you would do something similar
Well, I wouldn't call the police if a child* (Late Teenager) told me they were feeling sick, but if someone says they didn't want to go home, it's a complicated situation and you'd probably would want more information before immediately jumping to calling law enforcement over child abuse or neglect. But again, the argument misses the point that he took her to the hotel for a very specific reason, and it was not based in him getting the implication of receiving sexual advances or anything similar. When he did receive them, it was unexpected and so he shot them down immediately.

At the very least I would bring them home to my daughter, believing they would definitely benefit more by connecting with a peer rather than an old man who himself has a pretty bad track record of taking care of young girls who don’t feel safe at home.
Well, I doubt that bringing Koto to Miya would improve anything at this point because Miya had just begun to open up and he didn't want to let Miya know he was interacting with Koto because he wanted Miya to trust Koto and gradually get better. Miya didn't trust Kousuke, so if she learns that Koto was going behind her back to interact with her father, she'd be understandably grieved. Your proposition doesn't work

Also saying that he had a bad track record of taking care of teenagers who didn't feel safe at home is on the verge of dishonesty in term of framing. Kousuke never did anything to hurt Miya or make her feel unsafe. Miya was just in a period of emotional grief after the death of her mother and didn't connect with her father. That does not indicate that she was unwell physically or that Kousuke was abusive nor neglectful. It's an unfair characterization at best.

Their relationship by nature can not be genuine. She is way too young and too emotionally unstable to understand the implications and consequences of what of it entails.
I whole-heartedly disagree. She's around the age of consent not only in my state, but in most of Europe such as France and Britain. She is in her late teens, and has demonstrated that she knows exactly what it means to be in this kind of relationship, and has shown consistently some maturity in thought in regards to introspection about her relationship between her mother and father. Perhaps the biggest indication of Koto's maturity is that when she is explaining her relationship to Miya in chapter 27. The most powerful line is when she asks Miya what it means to be "normal," which a surface-level reading may seem to suggest that she's just dismissing the idea that her relationship is wrong just because it's not seen as normal by society, but really she's also saying that she's fully aware of the consequences of how other people will see her relationship and doesn't care about it, because it's her choice to pursue the relationship with him and that she does it because it's her true feelings.
11-3c05d0888b9a63fb3b03431737b2a85d369f0521e1bafe9f3b05b913eb347e52.png

12-f010b8df61571153610886ab6fa1628a77a891781ca5b0bde29234c78ed4c20b.png

Also there's an error in your logic because the law has an exception if it can demonstrated that the love is genuine in a relationship between a minor and someone who is over age, but if you define that, by nature of being a minor, your feelings can not be geninue, then the exception in the law is basically a Catch-22 that serves no purpose. It's circular reasoning.

The only time Kousuke ever thinks about Koto is when he’s at his worst, clearly clouding his judgment.
When people are in distress, they will often think about who to turn to and if they're emotionally vulnerable, they turn to someone they think will help support them. This is not a condemnation; it is a reaffirmation. The best test for love is to see how people act when they are at their emotional extremes, when all is stripped bare and to see what they do when in distress.

He can’t even clarify their relationship even when she asks. Their relationship is imo absolutely a facade.
There will always be complications when human emotions are added into the mix, and there will be things that people experience that they will be at a loss for words or that they can't quite describe, no matter how intelligent or clever they are. It's part of the inherently confusing part of existence that there will be things in life that you can't pinpoint or exactly describe, but you will get a general sense of nonetheless. Again, not proof of a facade, just the confusion of emotions and interpersonal relationships.

How about when he stayed the night with her at the karaoke bar and ignored his daughters calls?
If you're referring to chapters 3 and 4, his daughter never called him. It was only Koto interacting with him through text, and in that situation is tried to deescalate as much as he could, leaving the room when she began to flirt with him and constantly trying to direct the conversation back to Miya. He was trying to get her to go and convince her to go back to school the entire time. Plus, he was in a situation where he couldn't really leave because he had brought her there and she couldn't go back home on her own.

If you mean chapters 7 and 8, it's because Koto was literally on top of him and he couldn't get it. Let's not forget that when she kisses him he told her to stop, and that he says that "we shouldn't be doing this." The entire point of that chapter was Koto trying to make Kousuke run away with her from his responsibilities, but he ultimately refuses to go through with it because he cares about his daughter too much.

While unintended, let's not forget that Miya was ignoring Kousuke's messages and stonewalling him every time he tried to get in contact with her, so it'd be hypocritical if you condemn Kousuke for this but not acknowledge that he missed one phone as opposed to the million other attempts her had of trying to extend an olive branch to Miya.

There entire event was more or less Koto and Kousuke escaping the troubles of their constantly stressful lives around toxic people. Kousuke even says that it's been a long since he's felt this peaceful. I think it's fair to say that he does have his emotional needs too and burning the wick at both ends for the last year (and more) would drive him mad.
And when he arrived home she was a complete mess and he lied about his whereabouts?
I'm assuming we're talking about chapters 8 and 9.

Granted, he lied about his whereabouts but that's justified given he didn't want Miya to associate Koto with him and it was meant to get her to come out of her room. There's no way he could have known she'd react like this when she was stonewalling him all the way up until now, yet the first time he does something similar to what she did, she chews him out for it.

Let's not forget that this situation ultimately improves their relationship, because until know she's only thought of her father as someone who only cares about his job, but that is contradicted by the fact he was always home to cook for her until know. Interesting how she makes no effort to understand his prospective or how he probably began to work long hours to pay for his wife's medical treatment.

What about when he agreed to go on what was explicitly called a date to the aquarium?
This is a bit of a cross-cultural misunderstanding. In Japan, a "date" isn't explicitly always romantic, but often is used as a means to signify a meeting or two or more close people, such as family or friends. Romance is not necessarily implied as it is here in the West.

How about when confronted by his daughter and coworker he doubled down, called it a flirtatious relationship and justified his actions?
He wasn't confronted by his coworker, just his daughter and her friend/love interest. Nor does he ever directly call it a "flirtatious relationship" But even then, he does have a decent point that he has all these roles he has to fulfill and obligations by society, and that when he seeks someone he can trust or ease the burden, he gets lambasted for it. Keep in mind he doesn't have an outburst until after Miya has her's, and what she says to him is much crueler to him than he has ever done to her. Her reaction is definitely not proportional to his supposed "crime," that really can't even be called that in good faith in my opinion.

All that aside, this is just whataboutism, and by no means counters any points I have made directly.

Also the entire point I tried to reach from the start really fits in here. When Kousuke does something wrong or reacts in a way that isn’t particularly good, he’s “psychologically vulnerable”.
However when Miya has similar situations happening to her, she’s “selfish” and takes things for granted and she’s just not taking enough responsibility for her actions. Why are y’all unable to extend the same amount of sympathy for Miya that you do Kousuke?

There's a good reason for that in that you're specifically trying to target Kousuke and paint him as a bad person. I never said I'm not sympathetic towards Miya and I have even defended her actions before, but I don't think she infallible. It's still fair that she can be psychologically vulnerable but also do selfish things. If I were to put a pin on it, I think she's going through a phrase of adolescent egocentrism in that she's not able to fully understand things from other people's prospectives. That doesn't make her inherently a bad person or even indicate she's done anything wrong per se, but it does suggest that part of the angle her actions are coming from are due to an underlying inability to see the world through another's eyes and think she's the focus of much more than she actually is. I can even empathize with her, but it does not mean that she is without fault and doesn't deserve her own fair share of criticisms for each criticism you pin to Kousuke, especially because she's actively making his life harder in an already troubling time for him after losing the love of his life.

It’s mentioned a few times and I didn’t address it but it’s not like I do not have any sympathy for Kousuke. I understand he’s going through stuff as well. I understand that he’s human and sometimes make bad decisions. We don’t live in a vacuum where we always do what’s right. The story depends on Kousuke to be a fuck up because if not there wouldn’t be a story.

I do feel the same way to some extent, though I don't think it's fair to call him a "fuck up" per se. He's definitely trying to do what is right in whenever he can and I think it's fair to say that he's a very relatable character with real struggles and conflicts. Hell, I don't even think you can fault someone for falling in love with someone else because you really don't get a choice in that matter.

I’m absolutely lost at how you believe that anything I’ve said is on track with Koto’s mother. My entire point from the start was to defend Miya. If anything all of what I’ve suggested would have benefited Koto a lot more than enabling the relationship between MC and Koto.

Easy, if everything you have proposed about Kousuke is true, it vindicates everything Koto's mother has done because it is for the purpose of ultimately defending her own daughter from a potential predator, in which case you can justify every bit of emotional abuse and manipulation she has pulled because of how bad of a person you seem to want to portray Kousuke to be. That's my entire argument on that matter, and it's more meant to cause some level of introspection and see how Koto's mother could justify her own actions given her prospective on the world than to be a dig against you, though if it can make you think about how that position is wrong and why Kousuke isn't as bad as Koto's mother, it will lead you down the right track in my opinion.

I don’t know if this is controversial, because it shouldn’t be, but MC isn’t actually helping Koto. He cant even help his own daughter, so how would he possibly be of any good news to Koto

That's an easy counter, in that he's facilitating Koto to help herself more than he is directly helping her, which is something that is more valuable in my opinion. It's given her something she can pursue and a motivation that can cause her to act outside of the oppressive expectations her mother has placed upon her, and would be something that she could finally use to set herself free. In other words, he's resending the same emotional support to help her cope with her mother at home and allow herself to no longer psychologically be so dependent upon her.

It reminds me of a verse from a Beatles song...

She (we never thought of ourselves)
Is leaving (never a thought for ourselves)
Home (we struggled hard all our lives to get by)
She's leaving home, after living alone, for so many years
Friday morning, at nine o'clock
She is far away
Waiting to keep the appointment she made
Meeting a man from the Motortrade
She (what did we do that was wrong)
Is Having (we didn't know it was wrong)
Fun (fun is the one thing that money can't buy)
Something inside, that was always denied, for so many years
She's leaving home, bye, bye

(Also I skipped a portion because most of the stuff about empathy is wildly subjective and I've built a case I feel well enough as to why I find Kousuke empathetic within the diction and terms I am using within my response)

To me Kousuke is the one who is unintentionally most similar to Kotos mother.
By continuing a relationship with Koto he knows that he can’t cooperate with police to save her from her mother. Demonstrated pretty well in the last few chapters.

I'm going to have to respond with just a flat out "no," because the character Kousuke is most similar to and has the most parallels with is Koto's father. I go back to the symbolism of the aquarium, where the fish within the aquarium are confined and put on to display for the world, but feel as if they're trapped within it. Cats, however, roam freely. Kousuke clearly shows the same kind of paternalistic instinct that Koto's father had and there's this sense that both Kousuke and Koto are trapped within the roles society places for them, when they want to roam free. I think Koto sees a lot of her father in Kousuke and that's what attracts her to him, because she has a lot more respect for her father than she does for her mother, as it's heavily implied she doesn't judge him for leaving or trying to get away, and in fact, wants to do the same. The difference between Kousuke and Koto's dad is that Kousuke isn't willing to leave behind Miya like Koto's fahter did with his daughter for a younger woman, which is the one indication that makes Kousuke the better man. The only parallels that Kousuke has with Koto's mother is that they're both parents, but Kousuke is not manipulative, abusive, nor does he ignore the wishes of his children, even if she doesn't acknowledge the efforts he makes to connect with her. He does not impose his will onto Miya like Koto's mother does, and that is why she's much more prone to rebellious behavior in the open than Koto is, as he is not an authoritarian ruler within his own house.

Also, police aren't this absolute solution to everything as you're portraying them to be, and I don't think Kousuke has enough evidence of abuse to even go to the police because he doesn't know much about Koto's mother. Your argument about what they should do relies on dramatic irony more than anything the characters know for certain. Additionally, it's implied that no one would want the police to get involved, as it only serves to further alienate and disturb an already divisive and fractious situation as-is. Bringing in a third party in such a delicate situation will only serve to further the divisions and make it harder for them to overcome the psychological trials in place. It's a hard situation, but not all domestic issues like this should or can be solved by the state and it's very much a case-by-case basis.

Similarly he doesnt seem to understand that through all this time having been playing hooky with Koto he has been neglecting his daughter and instilled a lot of uncertainty and distrust in her. Which I am absolutely comfortable describing as a type of emotional abuse.
What you neglect to mention is that this is the first time in years that Kousuke has begun to heal psychologically and to improve his own mood from the constant anxiousness and feeling of alienation in his life. It's not even close to him neglecting his daughter as he still tries to do everything in his power to get close to her and to improve his relationship with her. It's not fair to Kousuke to say he ought to always be scarifying his own well-being and dwindling sanity for his daughter, who is almost an adult herself, and that he shouldn't try to move on from his dead wife and find someone new. That's not abuse, that's called needing a break, which is only healthy. He doesn't even "play hooky" very much, as it happens at most once very few weeks, and he still spends most of his time at work, trying to earn an income for his daughter so she can stay feed and dressed. Calling a caring father like Kousuke abusive because he has his own emotional and psychological needs because he's not with his daughter 24/7 is just blatantly dishonest and would actively be harmful to society as a whole. If she was ten years younger, it would be different, but Miya is reaching the point in her life where she should be able to start taking care of herself and becoming more independent, not more.

I’m not going to change my mind about any of the moral questioning about this. However I will believe that this story might not end in a way I would find satisfying at all, though I think that’s a part of the thrill of it all lol. So who knows. A lot of your interpretations of this could be closer to the truth.
I'm trying to frame this all within the guise of what is shown with the text more so than personal opinions or philosophies and how the author is setting up the scenes themselves. I think if we base our views on the characters on subjective feelings and prescriptive ideas about morality and prejudge them on those basises, we miss the point that the author is trying to convey and the story that is unfolding. Each person has their own circumstances and while each character is not framed as perfect or infallible, they are all very human and realistically portrayed in my opinion.

@princess_daphie
I mostly agree with you, but I think what they have is probably closest to the best you would expect for the people in their circumstances, and the author does a good job in not making it so any character is completely irredeemable or unjustified in their approach or prospective. It's a very well written series.

Group Leader
@Deebees happy to be working on this almost one-of-a kind story, haha, and yeah, i always look forward to the discussions 🙃 next chapter will be even more of an emotional mess, and it has 24 pages, a bit longer than usual!

@Tamerlane i totally agree, it's reaaaally ingenious how everything's set up, laid up, explained in so few words sometimes, i really like this story.

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter as always PD. Thanks also for taking the "final word" between the Deebee v Tamer lane shitstorm! Bring on the next chapter 😃

Fed-Kun's army
".. Because I'm your friend"

What a shitty "friend" you really are then

Fed-Kun's army
Maaan people out here writing full dissertations on this manga hahahaa show of the quality

I still don’t know why she is so made at HER. I can understand being mad at her but not THAT mad.

Aggregator gang
I wanted to read the last 10 chapters in one go without commenting but... this is beyond retarded. "I hate you, but i'm there for you".

This manga's not worth spending money on in my opinion. Thanks to the translators for their work though, without them, we wouldnt be enjoying mangas for free!

Users who are viewing this thread