Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 6 Ch. 52 - Friend

My man kousuke still in jail waiting for someone to even provide him with a little understanding while Koto and Miya are like. I hate you but I like you more than my dad. so thats that.

Contributor
Reading this after "By spring" was probably not a good idea.

Feelbadman

And as I expected
the the mc doesn't rot in jail
Who saw that coming? Certainly not me.

Dex-chan lover
@gmanhunt
that's the best part

no, seriously
the problem is she is still minor, and they having secret relationship without the daughter concent

Fed-Kun's army
I will never understand why ppl are so harsh on Miya. She's a kid who is dealing with a lot. Her mom died, and her father is a piece of shit that was sneaking around with her friend. Koto betrayed her.

The fact that she is even willing to give Koto a way back into her life after all of this says volumes about her to me.

Also, her behavior towards her father is 100% justified. It's a shame he's not going to prison over his actions, but i hope he can redeem himself over the rest of the story.

Dex-chan lover
@starlightcitypro Usually there's a limit to how ignorant you can be when you have a roof over your head and food to eat on a consistent basis. If you don't realize that and respect the one providing, people will view that as entitled. In Miya's case she's crossed the barrier long ago. If she provided for herself more than she has so far and accepted actual responsibility in her life, she'd probably win exponential amounts of sympathy, but as it stands, she doesn't seem to realize why her dad acts that way even while having all the benefits she does. As people have pointed out, if she were to actually lose him, I'm sure she'd learn mighty quick what she took for granted.

Being a kid gets you only so far as an excuse, especially in adolescence since that's basically the final step before adulthood. At some point you have to grow up, though if you're one to coddle, I suppose that would extend the deadline, but for others the responsibility should be ever building. I happen to agree that Miya has been thoroughly ungrateful for what she does have since I think people have been overlooking the value of shelter and food and water, hence I'd say any harshness is well deserved.

In addition, I haven't read the beginning chapters since I wanted the trainwreck from the beginning and knew I could skip them for that (and have since been disappointed lol), but it seems she was AWOL for a year or so? That's a pretty fucking long time to have these wonderful things and still be grieving and resenting your father, even for an emotional (and obviously stupid) teenager. In the end, all I hear are excuses for why she can be stupid, but don't seem to address the magnitude of that stupidity.

The whole responsibility theme is also probably why the dad gains much more sympathy, since he has been practically the sole provider all this time after the mom character died. He may not have any moral excuses (though I'd still disagree on principle), but he certainly earned a lot of brownie points for even bothering with providing at all.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter raises an interesting question:

Does Miya know her father is in custody? And if she does, did she decide to forgive her anyway?

Fed-Kun's army
@Lithe he doesn’t get brownie points for “bothering to provide”. He’s her father and parental guardian. He’s supposed to provide those things. It’s the bare minimum responsibility of being a parent. If your standard of good parenting is simply giving someone a bed and a roof then that is pretty sad.

Miya is clearly a vulnerable depressed teenager that never fully processed the loss of her mother, and now has to deal with a father who’s more busy playing the savior of her classmate then to bond with her on any level. What is she supposed to be held accountable for? Being a teenager with feelings?

Dex-chan lover
She doesn't know that her dad is fucked right? if she does she's even a shittier daughter than I thought.

Dex-chan lover
@Deebees She's supposed to start becoming accountable for her own actions including holing herself up in her room for a year (?). If you're weak enough to need this much attention for that grieving process, quite frankly I wouldn't have time for you. Hell, if I was in that situation, I'm pretty sure I'd hate myself for being such a bitch.

Yours is a solid post demonstrating how "simply giving someone a bed and roof" is overlooked. I guess I simply didn't realize actually having those comforts was a foregone conclusion despite the work that goes into building a house and thus paying for it. I also mentioned food and water. Feel free to go scavenging yourself, however, since apparently this is very easy for you. Similarly, if your standard of being a child is being a spoiled brat that needs coddling, I say that is sad as well, but this is just an opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@Deebees I vehemently disagree with you on the yuri doujin thing because Miya and Koto probably would NEVER share that kind of relationship or connection with one another, and their personalities conflict too much in some fundamental ways, such as Koto's submissiveness around her mother but free-spiritedness and risque nature when she's not around opposed to Miya's rebelliousness only stemming from her anger with her father and death of her mother more so than something inside of her geninuely wanting to be free

Also, Kousoke is a single father working in a black company using all his time and energy to provide. It's not that simple as to assume providing for someone is a bare minimum when he does try to connect to her emotionally but Miya kept blocking him out. (For instance, it's unfair to say he's just giving her a bed and roof over her head when he makes her food everyday at the start of the story and its established he, himself, is also still mourning over the loss of his wife and is going to her shrine in his house to ask her for guidance to help with Miya.) In the first few chapters, he was very much interacting with his daughter every day and trying to get her to leave her room, but she wouldn't budge. Hell, it even was Miya's relationship with Koto that caused him to reach out to her in the hopes she would connect with Miya.

Dex-chan lover
>the people hating on Kousuke were yurifags
*Pretends to be shocked*

Fed-Kun's army
@Tamerlane the yuri thing was just a joke bro I just like GL

Also you guys idea of even basic parenting is so low that I can’t help but think that you guys are either teenagers yourselves or just lived a very isolating childhood. I’m not opening that can of worms. Hopefully y’all will understand one day that feeding your kids is not a praiseworthy feat lol

Dex-chan lover
@Deebees And hopefully you will never have to understand that thriving at all in life (in this context being able to feed your kids) IS a praiseworthy feat and you can remain in your happy ignorant bubble assuming that society and life will always provide for you. I can't help but think that passing judgments on people on such sparse detail is hilariously stupid, but by all means go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread