Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 54 - Unforgivable

Group Leader
@Blanche

Oh I'm not against Miya. I feel bad for her too, I mean... She has a lot going on too. But I think she needed a reality check. Her father could've been more present for her, but she blocked him off multiple times. The fact he's having feelings for her friend... Sure it's weird, but it's not a treason against her. She put Kousuke in an impossible situation. Either choice of the ultimatum lead him to lose, and Miya has been nothing but a weight pulling him towards despair while Koto's been an isolated island of peace in multiple occasions, and she's shown concern for him, so the choice he made kinda makes sense. Also, in reality, there is nothing that makes Kousuke staying true to what he feels for Koto an actual hindrance to his relationship with Miya. His feeling better actually was momentarily a strong sign that he could work towards improving their relationship.

I find it very difficult to put into words how I feel about the story, but I wanted to try and explain. Maybe it's because English is my second language and even though I handle it pretty well, there are often times things I struggle to put thoughts into precise words. It's probably what makes readers hate or like my translation as well, lol, language quirks?

So all in all, I'm not against Miya, but I sure ain't against Kousuke or Koto either!

Normally I'd be against a relationship like that, but Koto is more mature than her age implies and their situation is an exception, a very extreme situation. I say go fight for your happiness MC, just try to avoid having sex before 18. Also don't abandon your daughter ofc, keep providing for her even if she hates you, and after she is an adult she will be free to do as she wants and maybe move to another house if she can't live with Koto.

Ugh, Miya's circumstances resonate with me on a level that makes me cringe. Teenage years are the times when you either sink or swim learning that blaming others, no matter how justifiable or logical, gets you nowhere, and it's ultimately self responsibility that gets you places.

I don't care about the ethics of the relationship between Kousuke and Koto, but Kousuke's daughter is such a b... not nice person. Ever since his wife passed away, she has been nothing but a constant thorn in his side. She almost ruined the family, and now has the audacity to say that he would be betraying her a second time if he goes after Koto.

Fed-Kun's army
He abandoning the daughter who always trying to runaway from home and always such pain in the ass.
At least he be saving another one and hopefully give Koto a better home and family than what she had before.

Emotional roller coaster.

I'm totally impressed with the story so far. Bad end flags are everywhere though, so I won't expect any good ending from this series.

Banned
Smh the dad should jist date Miya instead. She looks like his wife and no shitty mother around to call the cops on him.

Group Leader
@Darkmeep lol, now that's an original stance on the whole thing! since he's already so low in then grand scheme of things, why not descend further in the depths of hell...

@voidox Thank you so much for writing this down, jesus christ it makes me want to laugh reading people finding whatever excuse they can to let Sousuke off the hook.
So Sousuke and Koto can and should make decisions without worrying about others, but the moment Miya acts like that she's an awful human being...
And no, no one is an actual-real-should be in jail awful human being so far, but it still baffles me to see people letting some characters do whatever they want without actually seeing how wrong some actions are
Anyways, thanks for the translation!

Ya'll who are hating on Miya for no apparent reason other than "she's a bitch" or "she's so mean"... I'm sorry but where is your empathy?
She had a borderline neglectful father who was and still is a workaholic.
He arrived LATE when her mother (HIS WIFE) died, then made piss poor attempts to dote on her by letting her skip school and hide in her bedroom all day, did not even try to have an open conversation or suggest therapy. All he did was say "Oh, well, I can't help it." to everything that Miya does. She throws tantrums for attention, he does not give her the reactions she truly wanted.
He starts an inappropriate relationship with her CHILDHOOD FRIEND FFS. Putting all the ethics and moral judgement aside (because we ALL know that Sousuke is the adult in this situation and should have firmly rejected Koto's advances), imagine your father who you believe to have put work over you your entire life is now doting and paying attention to your childhood friend, someone else's daughter.

Now imagine you finally are willing to step forward and mend your relationship with your father, only to have him betray you not once, twice, but THREE TIMES over the same girl. Her dad literally chose Koto over her in chapter 54. Sousuke is a shitty father, Miya deserves therapy and a good father, Koto NEEDS counselling

Group Leader
@pengentidur yeah you're right, i was waiting for some confirmation that volume 6 was ending on ch. 53 before setting the volume number! i checked and volume 6 was released today and it does end on chapter 53, so i'll update the chapters!

Fed-Kun's army
Hmmm, she should at least have some self awareness. She refused to mend things with his dad multiple times when he was at the lowest point in his life even though he tires himself working for their family. Not to say the dad is blameless though

Aggregator gang
Fuck Miya. Put her in a shelter or something, she doesn’t deserve a hardworking father.

Dex-chan lover
God everyone's a fucking mess in this fucking manga. I'm rooting for smoker boy now.

Like I get there's dramatic irony and Miya can't see everything her poor dad is going, but at some point you gotta wonder if sympathy is even in her vocabulary.
Why the fuck would you intentionally make those close to you, those who want to help you, suffer by making their choices absolute. No fucking reason for that.
A person should not be bound like that, so long as they're willing to take responsibility and see it through to the end.
Also, I get the feeling that the guy who smokes might have to do with Miya's lack of understanding. I can't be that mad at him though, since from his point of view, all he sees is a man neglecting his daughter by going out with her friend.

Users who are viewing this thread