Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 60 - Liberation

Uh, i don't understand why some guys think hitting her own child deserves any punishment or even moreso, jail time?
Is this an American thing I'm too Asian to understand?
Here the most cops would do would stop the parent if its getting out of hand, but she just hit her once for "talking back to her" (yes i don't agree with her, but its normal. I forgot if she was hit last chapter). But that is not an act of aggression, nor excessive.
Actions have consequences surprise surprise. She "talked" back to her (i know she wants to fix things, im just telling things from the parent's perspective).

Double-page supporter
Comment section never took a mother's slap in front of other people, I see.

Both Koto and her mom felt like a fish in a tank. At least Koto knew how to get out of the tank. At least she knew that she COULD. I guess everyone just needs someone to show them how.

What a strong stance. I couldn't do that when I was in highschool. It moves me to see koto finally stand up.

Fed-Kun's army
Lmao you westerners acting like slapping your kid is anything special XD.
At least she is not using any tools to whoop her ass XD

Fed-Kun's army
Lmao what a bunch of sissies if you think a mom slapping her daughter for disrespecting her (At least in her perspective) is anything remotely worrisome

Contributor
Nah, the policeman won't do anything on this situation because is just.. a slap in a situation of high stress and nothing more.
If a complaint were filled by the daughter that would change things but as we can see on this chapter, both calmed down and probably things will get better for both.

finally she slowly going to the right path,

although its still not normal

This one felt good. It put me back to when I was first able to talk to my parents with determination.

Dex-chan lover
With regards to the slap:

I have read manga where say the parent slaps the child for being egregiously disobedient. (It was more to really get their attention rather then a punishment). It's momentarily shocking, but I don't hate the parent as a result of it. (Though I strongly abject the use of slapping for any kind of punishment in regards with children)

Here, the reason (or the reason I can think of) for people being hostile for THIS mother doing it, is because we have experienced (along with Koto), 60 chapters of emotional abuse, so the slap is just the cherry on the top of this dumpster fire of a sundae we call the mother.

From the readers standpoint, the mother has created an emotional debt, where any positive thing she does will never be enough for redemption and any added negative thing will only serve to cement the opinion and fact that she is a horrible and weak human being.

Group Leader
@Takaflame https://comic-days.com/episode/13933686331693087391 😉

Next chapter is
gonna be heavy. It's mostly about Kousuke's aftermath, and a tiny bit about Miya. This chapter broke my heart.
Available next week, same time same channel! 😊

It May be suprising for some, but no, hitting your chlidren in that kind of manner doesn't really help a child to understand more that in parent opinion, they made something bad. It is just a way for a parent to vent their anger - don't try to say that it isn't a emotional reaction, jeez, it obviously is. When you slap someone it means that you have anger issues and can't cope with disagreements on a decent level. (Talking also from my experience. My dad have hit me a few times when I was young and missbehaved, and it haven't made me understand his point more - I was just more angry and resentfull. It also weakend my trust for him and created a bigger distance between us for some time, so when I had some psychological problems in my teens I didn't feel safe enough to tell him about that - and I wasn't really abused by him - it was something around 5 slaps in my life.)
Also worth mentioning: I'm not from "West" and here hitting your child isn't something wrong for a majority of people.

Users who are viewing this thread