Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 60 - Liberation

Really good couple of chapters, really nice to see them grow so much. Liking this manga more and more, even though is a manga with some real life issues for some reason it's a chill and soothing read (or at least that's how I feel) @Princess_daphie Thanks as always!

Dex-chan lover
Interesting how the slap's blush looks like cat whiskers

I wonder if her mom got the metaphor

Not as satisfying a chapter as I was hoping for, but seeing koto patch things up with her mother is probably nicer than seeing her loose her shit and destroy their relationship.

@zarian2 It´s obvious the line between light corporal punishment as you call it and physical abuse is blurry, but I consider it to be whether there is rage involved. And in this case there was, a lot.

I doubt jail time is the end result, but if I were an honest police officer witnessing that a call to the local CPS would be mandatory.

So, the fact that there was not any backlash for those actions put a damper on what was a nice chapter otherwise.

To anyone thinking the mom deserves jail time for simply slapping her daughter; you are a retarded pampered child, if not in body then surely in mind, and I laugh at you.
Glad the cops had the good sense to realize their presence was no longer necessary and quietly slink away cause man that'd be some awkward shit to sit through.

Dex-chan lover
@bloodriver Suuuuper blurry. Ahem *Puts ojiisan voice back on* ngl I watched a teenage boy reunited with his father, kid punched his dad in the face. Dropped him. Moral of the story: People do crazy shit while emotional. Slap is not going to get CPS called. Gotta be able to look at things objectively. Mom was clearly losing her shit over her daughter being missing. Cop did everything by the book, as long as there was a follow-up and to verify abuse wasn't the trigger for the runaway. Including GTFO at the end there to have a cigarette (assumption, but probably a right one!) while parent and daughter have their reunion. Also, different country, different standards. Cheers!

PS, read what I wrote in your best old guy voice, then laugh at yourself saying "GTFO" or "dropped him" or "People do crazy shit while emotional"

Dex-chan lover
This cop... if he wasn't in the picture, it would've been pretty good dialogue. But - the fact, that the cop didnt stop mother and then just dissapeared - ruined all the mood.

Dex-chan lover
While empathizing with the abuser isn’t really a healthy way of going about this...I can give it a pass since this isa drama with naturally disappearing police officers.

Fed-Kun's army
those police officers are secretly ninjas, they just vanish into thin air.

Stills if all the drama until now could solve that easily then... It's not very convincing. I also have rough relationship with my dad (not as crazy in the manga) but no matter how i calmly tell him things dont change much even now when he already an old man.

Thanks for the chapter.

I hope their relationship improves and I like the character development of Koto.

That chapter was....actually good!
After all this bullshit 6-7 chapters, finally something refreshing!
Oh yes, I'm not gonna go away from my tradition so:
@princess_daphie Nice translation like always. Keep it up! only 3-6 chapters left (or at least I think so) and you will be free from this translation hell. Because tbh, at first comments we're full of hate towards characters. Then hate started against the plot. I was worried that you will drop the series because of this hate. But, nice job at being strong!

You got that right daphie that look on koto's face. I was like yeahh gurl now show your mom whos the grown up.

Hope her mom will go back to normal. I dont care she end up together with kousuke or not but at least she is happy with her family.

Thank you for translating. Cant wait to see the ending.

the police tho, suddenly cease to exist. He was like aight imma head out. . .
Mom abusing daughter. The police: i'll ignore that

Users who are viewing this thread