Musume no Tomodachi - Vol. 7 Ch. 62 - Steal the moon

Thanks Daphie. I like always seeing your thoughts in the "credits" after the chapter.

I like the subtle pokes from Koto to Kousuke. Seems she's a little more resolved to move forward. With the milk in the coffee and the moon is beautiful. I hope it ends well for them.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for your translation. It's a good one. Though I stopped midway and wait until it end before reading the rest.

I thought he'd retire to his parents liquor shop, might be better than that company. I know their relationship is improper, illegal and borderline immoral. But as there's always exception I think they are better with this relationship than not, individually, though it'll be a lose for the society in form of bad example. Speaking of which, why manga always avoid legal action? Except for those mangas that deal with it from the start. It seems like those rapists got free. Her mother commit crime in front of officers and nothing happens!? (parents are prohibited from hitting their children as discipline in Japan) While only MC receives bad end even though he save the girl.

Seriously, just tell me, this was axed, right?

Dex-chan lover
(Reposting now that this version exists)
A meek ending for a fairly meek story, even with the central premise being very heavy, the way it was written makes it come off as just childish...especially once it’s obvious the author can’t make drama in a way that feels organic.
It didn’t need to involve every other character having irrational reactions for the drama to be compelling, it just makes most of the cast come off as annoying rather than sympathetic.

Either way, thank you Daphie for the translation — it was able to empathize a lot of the subtlety that would otherwise be lost in mist dramas like this.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation!
A lot better than the w/e that sniper dude did.

Dex-chan lover
I really liked this ending. Realistic, with Kousuke suffering the consequences of his actions, but hopeful, thanks to the light that is Koto for him.

This author really has a knack for storytelling, I'm excited to see their next work.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno how to feel honestly. In the end, it kinda works out at least.
Thank you very much for your hard work on this.

Dex-chan lover
The MC is the perfect embodiment of Japan, find no joy in friends, family, work, hobby's or anything else. The only light in their life is underage pussy

Dex-chan lover
That actually was the best way to end this controversial series, good thing author didn't force any more drama between the two

Group Leader
Wow! I'm super stoked about you guys reaction! I'm sorry there are way too many names to quote for once, but I appreciate every single comment you made. 😇

I'm happy to have worked on this manga, and to have posted this chapter after all! I can't claim to have TLed it all though, I did chapter 42 to 62 to be precise! Previously they were handled by Bear Necessities Scans, and at the very first by MangaSushi! So in the end, it was a joint venture, haha!

Fed-Kun's army
Alright, now that Daphie's version is out, I feel safe talking about it.

This ending's... half satisfactory. It finishes the main thread (Kousuke and Koto), as they seemingly have to keep social distancing, likely due to a restraining order or whatever, but will hold on to their feelings until she's of legal age (I think), and that's pleasant to read. But after so much bullshit Miya and the Mother put them both through, to not show how they're handling their unfulfilled plans is just a misstep on the author. Also, you're telling me psycho mom just goes on scot-free after the mental abuse she put her daughter through? Just... no.

And after so much pondering, I'll just come clean. I ship them. I'm a massive sucker for stories of broken people finding comfort in each other. And Kousuke respects her time in the end, so I'm confident they'll work things out post-ending. Now I just need the .5 extra chapter with the timeskip to see adult Koto (a man can dream).

I enjoyed this a lot, added to my faves, Koto needs love, Kousuke needs happiness, and Daphie needs a raise. Godspeed, everyone, and may we meet again in a less shitty year.

Edit: HOLY SHIT, I JUST SAW THE NEW COVER! IT'S THE CUTEST THING EVER! HAPPY NEW YEAR, PEOPLE!

Thank you @princess_daphie for translating this until the end since it was dropped by the last 2 TLs, one of things I liked from your version was the little comment on the last page and clean credit pages now said this.

WHAT. A. RIDE. the trainwreck of anxiety that were the first 20+ chapters are beyond description but the ending felt like something is missing but considering the rest of the story it is possibly one of the best outcomes, let's hope for an epilogue.

Users who are viewing this thread