Musume no Tomodachi

For what it's worth, its implied that their relationship still continues. The ending is honestly very realistic, with societal norms and all. Yet, I wished there was much more of a climax in the ending, but still, this will have to make do. At least they're still together, just living through the realities of their relationship, but still, folks, they are still together.

There are gonna have extra pages in the Morning Magazine release of the chapter, so stay tuned 'till the end.
I hope the extra is Miya finally coming to her senses and forgiving her dad. Is too much to ask a rekindlement of the father-daughter relationship?

I wonder if the author had some personal problems because somewhere in the middle the quality drops dramatically and then it becomes completely two-dimensional like your typical 08/15 manga.
It was so interesting because it had this unique theme of realities overlapping, colliding, intruding onto each other, intermingling and repulsing from each other.
So far I haven't read as many of these types of manga, usually it's just a very subtle manner (for example "Living Game", "Toshiue no Hito", "Yesterday wo utatte", to name a few that have subtle contexts of different ways the main characters perceive "reality").

To be honest, it feels that this story has been axed, seeing how everything
got resolved within the last few chapters.
It seemed a lot like it was set to go a different way, for example Koto getting raped before being found by the MC, resulting in the suicide of the mentally unstable mother. Koto would've then be taken in by the male MC, resulting in his own family collapsing with his daugther running away in return, only to come back and stop Koto from killing herself after having learned the truth about her situation by being confronted by her father. The story then could take two turns: either the government would come to take in the mentally unstable Koto, resulting in her attempting and eventually succeeding in killing herself,
or her father reappearing out of nowhere to hand over the right of custody to the main character, allowing him and his daugther to care for Koto, eventually uniting them into a family when Koto is of age and marries the MC after years of intensive care to get over the trauma of being raped and losing her mother to suicide.

Maybe I can hope that Kannou-sensei will make the shift towards this theme (so far it was more about the wild delusions of an "old" man obsessed with a young woman) and make it more interesting than this story.

"Not a bad chapter. Looking forward to the next one..... Wait it's over?"

Bruh. Where's the ending.

THIS IS PURE GOLD
the story, the ending (if it was it)
210 OUT OF 10
best romance thriller ever

@Asriel
Are u f**king sick with that plot development of yours
Go check some psyhologist
Its pleanty of that shit irl
Personal problems seems to be yours issue

If it doesnt suit your expectations
It doesnt mean its bad
And there is no shift in quality

Be able to read the mood of the story
Its depressing and anxious, but its a romantic story not some black drama

Group Leader
@Bazarow

Of course there is a shift in quality. Right after Koto's escapade, the plot sky-rocketed out of nowhere. Like the author was desperately trying to finish the story. The fact that Kosuke could find her on time in that cybercafé (and could save her) is a testament to that. Not to mention that flatlined ending. That was either lack of inspiration or someone pointing a gun at the author's head, I'm afraid.

What a shit ending. Despite all the well written suspense and complications throughout the story leading to a clear and concise K&K ending, society be damned, it's like the mangaka got cold feet at the last possible moment and gave us this limp dick status quo non conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
The ending is ambiguous enough to leave open many possibilities and kept with the theme of the story.

Would recommend to anyone that wants a good read. Its been a fun ride thank you TL

Group Leader
So, i gave up in the 20s for this series and just saw the [end] tag, skimmed the last chapter

am i right in presuming that
he tries pursuing a relationship with her despite fucking his daughter's trust essentially? and the whole overbearing mom thing just... resolves?
does daughter ever trust him again? do they have a decent relationship? i don't think i have the patience to read thru this

Users who are viewing this thread