Musume no Tomodachi

this shit sucked but I actually like the lightspeed plot development at the very end.

it was tropey and cliche but it was better than seeing the chars make the same mistake over and over again

honestly pretty great read, went into it expecting nothing "good" with its premise but woah I turned into a big fan towards the middle and the ending, to me, fits it well enough

shoutouts to the translator fr

seems like the mangaka had a GREAT PLOT in her mind, develops very interesting characters, but she did not know how to end the history, and only bring us a cold 'will it continue?' ending.

I'm downvoting from 9 to 7.

Dex-chan lover
no dont fuckin start reading this manga, this is cursed, minor, fucked up, weird and all of these... u better not to reading this manga.... id rather reading some doujin or wathing hentai about incest than this fukn disgusting

enjoyed it a lot except for how the author wraps it up. a nice short epilogue with a time skip would be nice

This was a very good read. I love the taboo relationship and how both sides struggled to deal with it. I try to keep an open mind when it comes to these types of stories and was a little put off by the strong hate in saw in some comments. Though their futures are not certain, I do hope it worked out for both of them.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you @princess_daphie for this work, it was well worth it and the ending is probably for the best as it wouldn't make sense to have a conclusion in just one chapter.

Very nice read, with realistic implications to something taboo.

Should be an epilogue on how they still manage after kisaragi graduate and how the thing the MC with his daughter, its still feeling empty to see with an open ending like that.. 7/10..

The ending was decent but the whole manga itself needs a way WAY higher rating than 7
Like a good 9 imo

Now that I tried to read the ending again I kind of liked, if you stop to get all the small hints, theres so much meaning, so many small details that merge to form something really memorable. Maybe a standard ending could kind of kill the mood of the manga. Still, 1000x better than watashi no shounen that had a pretty shit ending.

Double-page supporter
Decent manga, decent ending.
The topic is interesting and the way the author dealt with the subject was also interesting. I honestly expected something far more dark.
A few hiccups here and there, the art is ok. Translation was fine too, which helps :)
6/10, I feel like it's a very polarising manga.

Think people were expecting some big melodramatic ending, or some kind of bowtie to neatly wrap every loose end together, but that's not what this manga was about since the beginning.
Rather, it was more like a reflection of reality, mirroring the Sisyphean journey of life as well as the complexity of the relationships that are weaved through it.

All things considered, I think the author did a great job tackling this kind of societal taboo while also highlighting some of the inherently toxic aspects of urban culture.

Aggregator gang
This manga was quite the experience. I had a thoroughly enjoyable experience reading the story and seeing people react to this. It definitely wasn’t flawless with a few plot points with no discernible payoffs and, while enjoying the ending, it was a little underwhelming. I’m curious if the author will cover any other taboo subject matter or revisit this in any future material. I think a 7/10 is best as of right now and I’m excited to see what the author comes up with for their next project.

Users who are viewing this thread