My Clueless First Friend - Ch. 155

Group Leader
Siiiiiiigh
I was wondering why I didn't see chapters of this manga for so long thinking it was maybe a hiatus or worse.
Happy to see coming it back and I'm thankful for the upload.

But come on... Really?
Such a big Gap?!

Who are those new characters?
It's been on hiatus because it got officially licensed. As these guys said on the first page this chapter is freely available on the author's pixiv so they translated it

Group Leader
Siiiiiiigh
I was wondering why I didn't see chapters of this manga for so long thinking it was maybe a hiatus or worse.
Happy to see coming it back and I'm thankful for the upload.

But come on... Really?
Such a big Gap?!

Who are those new characters?
The manga is still ongoing, but the crew who did the translations up till 85 has dropped the series.

The big gap is due to that for various reasons, we can only do chapters that have been made freely available online from an official source, like in this case the author's Pixiv.

Apart from that, we simply wouldn't have the time to clean, redraw and translate and 75+ chapters. Translating the (often short) bonus chapters (which are uploaded under the title "Side Stories") already took us months, since we're a small crew (three people initially, now four) and have to do this in often limited spare time.

Last edited:
Group Leader
It's been on hiatus because it got officially licensed. As these guys said on the first page this chapter is freely available on the author's pixiv so they translated it
Yeah, that's about it. We did already do some work on the series before, translating bonus chapters that are also freely available.

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter! :hearts:

You're welcome. This one was a lot of work, especially cleaning/redrawing parts with sfx. I can understand why these are often just left in place and the English translation of the sfx just added next to it, much easier. But we wanted to go all the way.

Supporter
The manga is still ongoing, but the crew who did the translations up till 84 has dropped the series.

The big gap is due to that for various reasons, we can only do chapters that have been made freely available online from an official source, like in this case the author's Pixiv.

Apart from that, we simply wouldn't have the time to translate 75+ chapters. Translating the (often short) bonus chapters (which are uploaded under the title "Side Stories") already took us months, since we're a small crew (three people initially, now four) and have to do this in often limited spare time.
Thank you much for doing what you can. 🥰

Group Leader
Thank you for the scan, and for what I'm guessing is indirectly letting us know why it
Can't be scanlated
&
D
elighted in.

It was our pleasure. We wish we could do much more, and fill the massive gap in the chapter listing, but at least posting this one chapter may help some people who thought the manga was on hiatus, see that it's actually still ongoing.

For those unaware, the official translation is up to 162 and available free on MangaUp

Group Leader

Confused about this being a single chapter, so far apart from where the other crew left off? Some replies in this thread shed some light on that. Short answer, the raws for this chapter were freely available from an official source. That is a key element for us being able to scanlate it

Group Leader
For those unaware, the official translation is up to 162 and available free on MangaUp

Indeed, as partially mentioned on the disclaimer page in the chapter. It's not totally free, the latest chapters require coins, afaik, so it's either paying for these, or wait till newer chapters have appeared, making the older ones cheaper/free. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Dex-chan lover
At least the official translation keeps up with the jp release, not like with Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero, 6 volumes behind....

if that’s the case is there some way to link those chapters here like the first few ones with comikey?
would be nice to, for one, not have the big gap and also have the updates accessible here even if not directly on mangadex

Dex-chan lover
The manga is still ongoing, but the crew who did the translations up till 84 has dropped the series.

Apart from that, we simply wouldn't have the time to translate 75+ chapters. Translating the (often short) bonus chapters (which are uploaded under the title "Side Stories") already took us months, since we're a small crew (three people initially, now four) and have to do this in often limited spare time.
That sucks, I wish there was a way to get you the raws from an official site...

Supporter
At least the official translation keeps up with the jp release, not like with Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero, 6 volumes behind....
Would be nice if the physical releases kept pace with those online, but the decision to go with an omnibus format for EN publication is a bit of a hindrance. The recent V6 is only up to 140, and even this chapter is borderline for inclusion in V7 (whenever that's coming).

Users who are viewing this thread