My Dearest Nemesis - Ch. 10 - Get to Know her Better

Dex-chan lover
lol backwards sniping of the translation, did the sniper hit their head or something???

Dex-chan lover
i literally have no idea what sniping is, i uploaded this chapter first but it wasn't approved because it was my first ever upload but chapter 11 did (??) so i had to reupload it
Sniping is translating a work when another group is working on the series. The connotation is that you are 'stealing' the series. I don't believe that that is entirely accurate but whatev. Also, where is chap 9?

Dex-chan lover
as a free hobby translator once, when i see someone snipe my "work". "well, go sinper ! do you want my remain redraw/clean RAW i already done ?" :dogkek: imagine read the story without geting any spoiler and just read the thing ?

Dex-chan lover
i don’t get it, ”not allowing” others to translate the same series someone else is translating just sounds like some childish middle school gang drama

like are you annoyed by someone else liking this series and wanting to translate it? I don’t get it

Fed-Kun's army
i don’t get it, ”not allowing” others to translate the same series someone else is translating just sounds like some childish middle school gang drama

like are you annoyed by someone else liking this series and wanting to translate it? I don’t get it
The issue is that these snipers usually make the original translating groups, who are reliable and create high quality chapters, drop the manga.

And since these snipers are not really dedicated to translating and just do it on a whim because they had some free time, will also just drop the manga, and in the end, nobody will be translating it. Even in this case, you can see that this is hoopy's "first ever time translating".

I have seen this happen many times and I really don't want to see this manga forgotten by translators, so there is a good reason not to allow random people start translating titles that are already being translated. At least not without discussing it with the original groups.

Dex-chan lover
The issue is that these snipers usually make the original translating groups, who are reliable and create high quality chapters, drop the manga.

And since these snipers are not really dedicated to translating and just do it on a whim because they had some free time, will also just drop the manga, and in the end, nobody will be translating it. Even in this case, you can see that this is hoopy's "first ever time translating".

I have seen this happen many times and I really don't want to see this manga forgotten by translators, so there is a good reason not to allow random people start translating titles that are already being translated. At least not without discussing it with the original groups.
that just kinda sound like the translators are more interested in the ”fame” they get for translating something rather than translating it because they want to

Dex-chan lover
Why would they not want to continue translating something just because someone else also translated it
because you can use your time translating something that AIN’T getting attention???? like way do you think there are MAXIMUM of 2 translation happening on an series? and I’m talking about doing this here on manga dex not about thous translation websites

Dex-chan lover
Why would they not want to continue translating something just because someone else also translated it
Well, I just started scanlating very recently as well and I think the problem here is that it feels bad when someone is actively taking away something that you're committed to doing at present time. It's discouraging and could lead to dropping the series. Scanlation is a lot of hard work and dedication (not to mention that the OG scanlation group probably had these chapters already in the works, and that work would just go to waste). These wonderful scanlation groups are just making it look easy because they are so pro.

Now, I don't agree with bringing down Hoopy, because I don't think they meant any harm, but they did make a mistake. We should forgive that. I hope Hoopy could find another series to work on, so we can get more yuri series in English :)

Or maybe, they could work together on the series and pick which chapters either is doing. Honestly, I like that solution more since we'll be getting more content faster lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Like others said, it's dicouraging and a waste of time. And don't get the wrong idea, people don't mind a take over if the new group has communication w/ the old one and/or can guarantee a quality, stable release, which most one-man snipe teams don't do either of those. It's rude and could lead to the manga's being abandoned, that's why people are so against it.

Dex-chan lover
i literally have no idea what sniping is, i uploaded this chapter first but it wasn't approved because it was my first ever upload but chapter 11 did (??) so i had to reupload it
I just want to point out that no group legally or morally has ownership over the fan translation of a work. 'Sniping' is just frowned upon as it often reduces the quality of output for the readers. I am grateful that you chose to translate this work, and wish to commend you on a solid first translation. Nonetheless, the main takeaway here is to have good communication. Anyhow, since you enjoy this work, mayhaps you could join forces with the other group?
Best, Cosmism

Users who are viewing this thread