My Father 68y/o, My Mother 64y/o, Me 24y/o - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Fuck, this one hits close to home...including the dementia and depression — took away quite some time off my youth, but it’s never a waste as long as I’m alive.

Dex-chan lover
Now I am kinda frightened for my future. Thank you, Japan.
Glad I have a brother though.

While this one does hit closer to home it wasn't nearly as depressing as I expected, (compared to his other "notable" works)...

Dex-chan lover
This is why it is kinda cruel to have kids late in life as you will need help they cannot provide until they have been in a job for 10 years+. Kinda wish I didn't read this manga

Anthropological theory indicates there are evolutionary reasons why it becomes more difficult to have a kid as one ages. This demonstrates one of them (others include stuff like increased chance for genetic disorders such as down syndrome with older maternity). It seems many modern societies aren't structured with this in mind; in fact, I'm confident most people don't learn this stuff in high school. I hope manga like this reach more people, so they are more aware of this kind of thing.

Ouch! This hit rather close to home.

My father's death contributed to a relapse of my depression. Then my mom's dementia got rather bad. Fortunately my mom had prepared well and had enough funds saved up to pay for good Alzheimer's care. Also my older sister did much more of the looking after than I did. Then again, she doesn't have a bipolar wife to look after.

Double-page supporter
Honestly this is all the dad's fault for being a arrogant selfish hypocritical deadweight fucktard who can't even objectively look at himself cause his pride won't allow it.

Dex-chan lover
Dementia can affect multiple functions of the brain. Memory is just a part of it. (Gnosis praxis executive functions, language,...)

If it affects the frontal lobe the patient can become overly familiar, aggressive and various other problems. A good example of that is a man who took a steel beam through his frontal lobe and change personality completely, look up Phineas Gage.
It explains why is the dad so aggressive

Dex-chan lover
Feelsbadman...

Having depression is never been a good thing.

At first, I wonder why the dad doesn't have enough savings for old age that the son has to pay for everything. It is a high burden to support 2 elderly and yourself with a bachelor's degree.

But...

The son is 24, which means assuming he is on the normal life route, he only started working when he is 21 or 22.

The dad was 44, the mom was 40 when they have a son. So in a typical Japanese life (depicted in mangas, yes I know it is unreliable) he should be working since 22 and so does the wife. Assuming they got married when the mother is 25 dad 28. Dad has worked for 7 years, mom 3 years, 1/3 of salary is their savings so 3 years worth of savings. Then okay... let's say they are then penniless since they have a wedding and used everything and then the mom quit work immediately. Also...maybe they don't have any inheritance...

Up until the son is born dad work for another 16 years.

The first 16 years (27 to 44) he paid for the house and living cost and fertility treatment so let's say he has like 1/5 of his salary unused, so....3 years worth of savings.
Then the son is born. For 15 years (45-60)he used every penny.
Then the house should be fully paid but he is now retired.

Then he received pension money, how much is it? Let's say it is 1/3 of his original salary.
He has to use that and his remaining savings to raise the kid, keep himself and his wife alive for another 7 years.

So yeah...there is no other choice. The son gotta get through all that. I just wish he had some emotional-support...I am sure if he has someone to talk/complain to he can push through another few years and things will be a bit more stabilized. Like better income or a good way to take care of the parents...

The moral of the story....have some savings and If your salary is so so, find a side business/extra income....LOL

Users who are viewing this thread