My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Astigmatisms

Dex-chan lover
How is what Yuki did even remotely the same compared to what Taki does?
Taki at the start was dragging along Yuni because she was blackmailing her. But Yuni's first priority is always Nanase. Yuki saw Yuni with Taki and was like "Oh shit, this girl is definitely a cheater". But rather than idk like giving clues or just let Yuni and Nanase solve their problems, Yuki just drag Nanase away from Yuni because she knew Nanase wouldnt refuse (maybe because shes scared if she refuse it would be weird or maybe because Nanase first priority is Yuki IDK). WHAT WAS THE POINT BRUHH YOU AINT SOLVING SHI* YOU ONLY MAKE IT WORSE BECAUSE LEAVING YUNI ALONE ONLY MAKES HER CHEAT ON NANASE MORE YOU STUPID. Maybe Yuki have an ulterior motive to make Nanase falls in love with her and forget about Yuni (Like literally the same as Taki). I really dont get whats going on this girl head

Dex-chan lover
how is anything that's happened in this story nanases fault? her being scared and emotionally closed off is a part of why things are at the point where they are now but nanases actions are nothing compared to what yuni has done
Mayber if Nanase refuse to go with Yuki to play hooky or some sh*t, She might actually solve the problem. Letting Yuki drag her around while leaving Yuni alone is just wow. Okay, Yuni has done some terrible stuff, but at the start it was because she wants to still keep the secret (and fix her mistake because she f*ckd up). But her first priority is always Nanase. Why she did the Fuukatsu? Nanase, why she met Fuuko? waiting for nanase, why she get blackmailed? because nanase was being too secretive. Im not saying cheating is good, im saying Nanase is definitely at fault as well. If she gets dragged around by Yuki say " Ayo, Piss off girl. I dont want to leave my GF alone". I think her priority is 1.Volleyball 2.Yuki 3.Yuni. Nanase and yuki should date already, this is definitely her flaws and writers intention

Dex-chan lover
how is anything that's happened in this story nanases fault? her being scared and emotionally closed off is a part of why things are at the point where they are now but nanases actions are nothing compared to what yuni has done
Her being 'scared and emotionally closed off' doesn't seem to be anything other than an excuse at this point.
They are 'dating' for almost half of year even in the start of the story, yet she doesn't give her attention. She always chooses club over her, can't even hold hands or call her by name while being very close with other girls, especially Yuki chick. She ended up bringing her whole damn club to their supposed festival date and just went to spend some time with Yuki in the middle of it. And she started to try to act like a proper gf only after she forgot their half-year anniversary (the reason was the club yet again, btw).
Even in previous chapter she just let herself being pulled off by Yuki and just sat there, looking how she eats. And, like, at this point, from Nanase's perspective, Yuki knows, that they are dating. She could just refuse, yet she didn't.

I'm not trying to say, that she's the only one at fault here ofc, Yuni is pretty fucked up, but Nanase is by far not an innocent in this situation. Sometimes it feels like Yuki is as important to her as Yuni.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
All of you are arguing over who is morally right here when all of them have lied and hurt each other. The only one who has been consistently honest has been Fuuko who despite having bad vibes has never lied about what she wants and what she's offering.
Think especially though is the worst for her habit of creating reasons to justify her own infidelity to make it anyone's fault but hers.

Dex-chan lover
Her being 'scared and emotionally closed off' doesn't seem to be anything other than an excuse at this point.
They are 'dating' for almost half of year even in the start of the story, yet she doesn't give her attention. She always chooses club over her, can't even hold hands or call her by name while being very close with other girls, especially Yuki chick. She ended up bringing her whole damn club to their supposed festival date and just went to spend some time with Yuki in the middle of it. And she started to try to act like a proper gf only after she forgot their half-year anniversary (the reason was the club yet again, btw).
Even in previous chapter she just let herself being pulled off by Yuki and just sat there, looking how she eats. And, like, at this point, from Nanase's perspective, Yuki knows, that they are dating. She could just refuse, yet she didn't.

I'm not trying to say, that she's the only one at fault here ofc, Yuni is pretty fucked up, but Nanase is by far not an innocent in this situation. Sometimes it feels like Yuki is as important to her as Yuni.
i am making the daring assumption that you are not gay and have not faced the pressures of having to publicly come out, or that you live in an enviroment where you have felt safe to come out. Nanases fears are 100% justified and understandable, though her choosing volleyball over yuni is not, Nanase is far from perfect but she doesn't deliberately do things that hurt yuni, and she does not try to justify her actions and seems to accept the fact that she is a bad girlfriend in many aspects. Yuni on the other hand denies her own problems and acts like everything is nanases fault. Both Nanase and Yuni are shitty partners but in very different ways

Dex-chan lover
All of you are arguing over who is morally right here when all of them have lied and hurt each other. The only one who has been consistently honest has been Fuuko who despite having bad vibes has never lied about what she wants and what she's offering.
Think especially though is the worst for her habit of creating reasons to justify her own infidelity to make it anyone's fault but hers.
yeah i mean fuuko is a pretty horrible person as well but she seems to be fully aware of that and doesn't hide it, i get the feeling that she does really care for yuni in some way but it definitely won't be a healthy relationship if it does end up happening lmao

Reactions: V67
Dex-chan lover
Ngl, im amazed to why i havent dropped this yet.
In what world the fact Nanase told Yuki is more important than Yuki seeing her clearly cheating with Fuuko?
Yuni brain just doesnt work properly. The conversations often take such weird directions here.
Honestly, Nanase did neglected Yuni a bit, but that doesnt justify anything. Yuni keeps blaming others when shes the one making all the bad calls. Everything she thinks, does and say are all wrong. Yuni is such an unlikeable character tbh.
Would be happy with Nanase/Yuki, Fuuko/next victim and Yuni alone lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nah its nanases fault, she pushes yuni away while just getting close to yuki. I think she loves yuki and her club more. Yuni was doing this to protect her and was feeling guilty letting their secret out. I think its just one bad misunderstanding and bad luck for her meeting taki. But still yuki is just a B*tch broo you know shes nanases girlfriend but rather than telling nanase or yuni straight up she just takes nanase away like what you trying to do? That wont change anything. Thats almost the same as what taki is doing. At least Taki was doing it on purpose and yuki act all innocent.

Nah its nanases fault, she pushes yuni away while just getting close to yuki. I think she loves yuki and her club more. Yuni was doing this to protect her and was feeling guilty letting their secret out. I think its just one bad misunderstanding and bad luck for her meeting taki. But still yuki is just a B*tch broo you know shes nanases girlfriend but rather than telling nanase or yuni straight up she just takes nanase away like what you trying to do? That wont change anything. Thats almost the same as what taki is doing. At least Taki was doing it on purpose and yuki act all innocent.
Thats actually pretty funny.
So Nanase is to blame for all the lying and cheating lol Its almost like u're seeing things from Yuni perspective. Scary.
Nanase was too invested in her club and as a really young girl also didnt know how to go about her relationship mostly being with another girl. Thats it.
Yuki didnt know what to do, so she tried pulling Nanase away instead. Actually a pretty reasonable reaction. She didnt want to tell Nanase because it'll hurt her and she clearly told Yuni, which got her pretty much assaulted. How any of that make her a bitch?

Dex-chan lover
Yuki didnt know what to do, so she tried pulling Nanase away instead. Actually a pretty reasonable reaction.
How is it reasonable? Oh shes cheating on my friend so ill pull my friend away so she could cheat more? Maybe just confront yuni in the first place, why make her drift apart more. Nah shes definitely jealous of yuni

you’re insaaaane brooo

Dex-chan lover
Man this chapter was exciting. I liked it. Everyone just getting in each other face all while planting seeds of doubt. Feels good.

Thanks for the translation.

People seems to hate Yuni quite a bit ( well people like the revenge theme but it can works both way, revenge for being neglected & put in lower priority than club buddies or friends ( i had a number of relationship where just not wanting to watch a movie would end badly ) ), i find her situation understandable personally.
Doesn't excuse cheating but the story would be kind of bland if it was just "You asked me out, but you don't care about me, i found someone who does, let's break up" right.
Honestly I hope it goes like that. I don't like drama much. Nor cheating. I'd rather read yuni and fuuko being in a relationship.

I like how people have different views in the comments. Makes it interesting. I didn't read all of them though..

Users who are viewing this thread