My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Shame End

Fed-Kun's army
Your comment makes it pretty clear you didnt read the whole story if you say she was just “busy”, she full on neglectful her and it was clear she didnt give a f about her GF and only cared about her club
You also forgot that Nanase has trauma from the past, due to homophobia and that people started bullying her former girlfriend because she was most vulnerable. Now of course, this doesn't justify Nanase for being neglectful towards Yuni. BUT AT LEAST, she was honest about it and even communicated with Yuni about why she is afraid to come out about their relationship. And, in fact this whole story isn't realistic so I don't understand why we're justifying a character who is a cheater with "real facts".
All these comments u keep mentioning honestly just shows how trash u are that u would go such lengths to play devils advocate for this whore yuni. Shes easily the worst character by a whole lot . The fact that u actually sitting there typing the nonsense u typing saying “damn ive never seen a worse GF” Yeaahhh?? Thats all it takes? Being oblivious & not knowing what ur gf wants cause she wont voice her opinion loud enough for u to understand but shes the worse GF u ever seen? But cheating whores is up her ally? Wish u actually made this interseting instead of voicing “yes immediately go cheat since ur gf is being oblivious and doesn't notice u because u wont open ur damn mouth”. U dont even mention she couldnt just talk up more or just break up then she could get on with her fuck shit. U & her would immediately chose the easy option that would make yall feel better & thats whoring out apparently. Yea get ur priorities straight. If any chance all this happens and yuni denial self ends up suffering because of her choice and she witness her clownery & she fucks her self up in the future hopefully u still defend that nonsense, cause u really slow saying “its all nanase fault” no the hell it aint its all on yuni she made the choice. Literally no one forces u to make choices like that. Only bums that dont wanna take the blame wanna blame the others for there dumb stuff and thats all yuni been doing through out the whole story
And this person is SO RIGHT. Yuni justified cheating, on Nanase with Fuuka, by stating it's always only Nanase's fault. At this point, Yuni had a lot of internal monologs, but, ultimately she gives up and cheats all because Nanase "didn't call her cute that day." Yuni's internal monologs proves more than anything that she knows cheating is wrong, even contemplating MANY TIMES if she wants to cheat. But being the horrible person she is, blames her partner to feel better about letting her desire get the best of her.

People talking about how Nanase is the reason Yuni cheated on her are just idiots. Yuni cheated on Nanase because Yuni wanted to cheat on Nanase, Yuni didnt even try talking to Nanase about her problems, so I just cant see how peple are blaming Nanase for the cheating like Nanase took control of her body and forced her to cheat. Stop being immature and just admit the only reason you guys are saying these things is because of Fuuko's character design.

Frankly, I don't want any of them to end up together. All of them have issues and they'd be better off working on themselves than wanting to be in a relationship with someone, yuni is needy and in contant search for affection, Fuuko is manipulative and conniving and Nanase is inattentive and careless when it comes to their relationship. So, I'm glad Fuuko simply dropped the bomb.
Exactly, I think people are forgetting that Yuni and Fuukos relationship starting because Fuuko blackmailed Yuni and stalked her. People only like Fuuko because of her appearance, if the author wasnt so good at her job people wouldnt be acting like idiots

My god Yuni is fucking dumb, well she was from the first chapter but this chapter it was over the top levels of dumb.
Fr, she is an oaf, like how is she gonna pick someone who blackmailed her over someone who's a little oblivious.

Reactions: V67
Dex-chan lover
Fr, she is an oaf, like how is she gonna pick someone who blackmailed her over someone who's a little oblivious.
Maybe cause she got that Stockholm syndrome, taki also good at playing with her heart

Double-page supporter
i am in shambles LMFAOO i love fuuko peak character she’s really just doing the most, can’t blame her she has nothing to lose. i really hope yuni and fuuko get together they are so compatible both bad people match made in heaven

Last edited:
All these comments u keep mentioning honestly just shows how trash u are that u would go such lengths to play devils advocate for this whore yuni. Shes easily the worst character by a whole lot . The fact that u actually sitting there typing the nonsense u typing saying “damn ive never seen a worse GF” Yeaahhh?? Thats all it takes? Being oblivious & not knowing what ur gf wants cause she wont voice her opinion loud enough for u to understand but shes the worse GF u ever seen? But cheating whores is up her ally? Wish u actually made this interseting instead of voicing “yes immediately go cheat since ur gf is being oblivious and doesn't notice u because u wont open ur damn mouth”. U dont even mention she couldnt just talk up more or just break up then she could get on with her fuck shit. U & her would immediately chose the easy option that would make yall feel better & thats whoring out apparently. Yea get ur priorities straight. If any chance all this happens and yuni denial self ends up suffering because of her choice and she witness her clownery & she fucks her self up in the future hopefully u still defend that nonsense, cause u really slow saying “its all nanase fault” no the hell it aint its all on yuni she made the choice. Literally no one forces u to make choices like that. Only bums that dont wanna take the blame wanna blame the others for there dumb stuff and thats all yuni been doing through out the whole story
100% fact and based.

Weird to see people do mental gymnastic trying to place the blame on Nanase in this relationship.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
yuni, you naive dumb bitch smh Honestly Fuuko might be a terrible person but atleast she's honest with herself and towards other people.

Cheating is always wrong, if you're thinking about cheating then just break up or communicate your needs. They shouldve just broken up a long time ago but whatever, i'll chalk it up to them being dumb naive teenagers. The only one who isn't stupid or delusional is Fuuko

I won't be surprised if both/either Yuni & Nanase blame the "other woman," Fuuko, for their relationship to end up like this. When in reality you should be mad at your partner who cheated (Yuni). sigh

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, I don't think you saw the images correctly. The first image is literally Nanase talking about how she wants to go on a date with Yuni sometime. Also I didn't just say busy I also said oblivious. All of this happened because the lack of communication nothing more nothing less.

If Yuni was more transparent with her feelings, Yuni and Nanase could've worked things out better. But no, Yuni choose the easier option - completely running away from the problem at hand.

Nanase probably wasn't thinking about all of that other stuff and just focused on her match (it was a pretty important match as well). But then again Yuni also at NO POINT expressed her concerns about such things.

Nahhhhhhhhhhh, the "romantic tension" you're talking about only happened was bcs Nanase was walking about her GF. Like that's the only reason 🤷‍♀️

But yk... Yuni feeling lonely like this come from Nanase being too greedy smh. Her greed led her to believe she was able to balance out volley and her GF but she just can't and in the end she's going to lose something or maybe even everything.... but still cheating is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse than anything Nanase has done to Yuni.
I agree with the cheating part, Nanase is not a great girl friend but she is not ready for a relationship, she is ambitious but she is trying to be a better girlfriend.
Yuni is terrible and possessive, she is only lonely and is fine with anyone giving her company, the real villain is Fuka, she is one manipulative cadela. She only gets the thrill in tormenting Yuni and Nanase..
But I feel that’s Nanase should break up with Yuni after this..

I kinda want to emphasize that they're simply young teenage girls, not soldiers of steel able to take frustration in without batting an eye. And the better question might not be «is cheating bad ?» but rather «why is she cheating ?» (no need to say murder, bombing,...is wrong for example, it probably is more important to ponder on why, and how, it happened). The first chapters (readable in dynasty-scan) seem important.

Nanase and Yuni are mutually in love : Nanase was the one who wanted to push the relationship deeper by confessing while Yuni always looks forward to spending time with her and resolutely rejected Fuuko's moves at first. Nanase wishes to keep it a secret because she's afraid that rumors might hurt Yuni and so they have to keep some distance between them in school at least, condition that Yuni understands and accepts (for the time being at least).
Nanase is also very fond of volleyball although we don't really know the reason : is it to go to a sport college with a scholarship and become a professional ? Or a hobby that she's passionate about ? If it's the former, focusing on that is perfectly fine, but then why did she start this relationship now and not later ? If it's the latter, what is her priority list ?
This seems to sow doubts in Yuni's mind about Nanase's feelings for her. We can see that when Nanase more or less invited her whole club to a festival for what Yuni thought it'd be an intimate date. Yuki is much more intimate physically in the public eyes with Nanase, her best friend, than the latter is with Yuni (and more than once, «indirect kiss» here, linking arms,...building a general cosier atmosphere around them) ; that seemingly thoughtlessness reappears when Nanase forgets about the 6 months anniversary. While from our disillusionned point of view, that might seem vain, to both of them, it has some weighs : 6 months is probably short enough to still have what we would call the fever of the newly converted ; Nanase missing it is a big deal and she does profusely apologize for that. Yuni does actually think she also could be even more proactive, to remind her about these kinds of events, be the first one to send a message. Forgetfulness can happen, although not contacting even once until midnight seems pretty extreme to say the least ? (Nanase is aware of it and apologizes profusely later)
There are some cracks in their relationship that can be easily dealt with but that's where Fuuko intervenes : her presence interrupts Yuni when she was about to remind her girlfriend about the anniversary ; when Yuni almost got a mental breakdown for having to spend that day in anguish, waiting for a sign, she blamed herself for not doing the first move but Fuuko was the one to comfort her, saying it wasn't her fault, making her feel like she's important to someone. In short, she appears to be very smooth. And that's where the fungi caterpillar can shed a light on that : she wants to replace Nanase in Yuni's heart. It is a slow and insiduous process. That's why she doesn't break up immediately with Nanase : she still loves her. She doesn't reject her being in a club since she found it endearing how excited Nanase was when she told her she would play a pivotal role in the team and congratulates her about it, seeing her hard work rewarded.
After her mistake, she did slap Fuuko and ran to see her girlfriend.

Things could have gone back on track, but then the trip to Osaka happened. Nanase expects to see Yuni there : she mentionned she could do some sight-seeing alone and responds to the surprised reaction of Yuni by «you're coming, right, to support me ?». While there is absolutely no malice in Nanase's asking, and maybe it's the translation (I don't read japanese soo), she doesn't seem to take into account Yuni's point of view. She mentions it one week before, Yuni doesn't have enough time to earn enough money in such short notice (and there's nothing wrong buying things that you want as long as you don't endanger yourself). She unwillingly puts Yuni in the spot, she could have said «do you think you think you'll be able to come ?» and while being an airhead can be charming, it can also be very infuriating for the other party, having its own perspective eclipsed. So Yuni has to pay everything with no financial help and she can only see her lover in the gymnasium (or something) and be happy for a simple wave of hand. Objectively, that's very unappealing.
But she's still willing to go through that for her and do one compensated date to be able to go see here from afar in the crowd. I will kindly remind that we're only 6 months in so that newly converted fever might be still kicking in and so she won't voice outloud her recriminations and instead takes it in as a sacrifice for love. It certainly isn't ideal having Fuuko finances everything that will give her power over her but as mentionned before, she was put on a spot so she doesn't have time to think through all the implications of what seemed to be a very convenient solution offered to her on a plate (threatning to leave her alone, check out the hotel and so on). Moreover, she's a simple ordinary highschool girl (I will remind that even head of states can make decisions without considering all the possible outcomes of it....).

To cut it short because I noticed how fat that wall of text is and I apologize for that, Nanase' and Yuni's relationship would have worked out in the end if it weren't for Fuuko quite manipulative by interrupting their calls,..but Yuni not only slowly begins to feel some pity for her but also she feels very important to someone whereas her girlfriend seems too focused on volleyball to the point that her best friend is surprised to learn of she was even in a relationship and had absolutely no clue who it was (that shows how cold Nanase -had to, in her fears- act(s) towards Yuni, who's yearning not for affection 24/7 but one strong symbol, gesture only understood by them would probably be fine).
Nanase must also cultivate the relationship and not take it for granted once her confession was accepted. On the other hand, Yuni seems to be doing a lot for it (the yukata, forgiving her forgetting an important event and train and do overwork instead, having to go on a trip alone sentimentally and financially to the point she needs to more or less resort to prostitution), she feels like the relationship is too one-sided. One does not become a farmer by simply throwing seeds in a field, call it a day and then go to what seemed to be their main occupation (volleyball and her partners here). She realises that in chapter 16 though.

Just wanted to say it to nuance it a bit since i've read so many harsh comments, they're still (fictional) teenage girls, not hardened adults.
And ignorance doesn't always excuse everything, it can hurt.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
BRO THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY I NEVER DATED IN HIGH SCHOOL. Holy shit! I just feel so bad for Nanase, even if she neglected Yuni and wasn't a great girlfriend, nobody should be cheated on this way. Those last two panels physically hurt me.

Cheating is cheating!
If Yuni expresses everything to Nanase, and then nothing happens or Nanase continues to ignore her, I would agree that it is 100% Nanase's fault

However, in the story, instead of using her mouth to express any concern to her girlfriend, Yuni just keep shutting it and use those lips to kiss and do those things with another person huhh. My girlfriend is not okay... I feel lonely because she doesn't give enough attention to me.... So, just cheating on her with someone instead of trying to tell her to improve herself for me.... lmao

So, it's their faults, not only 100% Nanase's fault or 100% Yuna's fault. We cannot blame only one of them here.

Anyway, I am not surprised with some people who support that manipulator.

No matter what kind of story it is (BL manga/manhwa or those romance mangas/manhwas with time regression or reincarnation plot), people still keep rooting for these kind of red flag characters if only he/she has a good appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread