My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Out of Reach

Dex-chan lover
The style makes them looks like they're 20s, but theyre what, 17 or 18? Not entirely yunis fault she's dumb as fuck, she IS still a kid.
i mean barely being an adult/in ur 20s basically might be the same as teenagers emotional wise compared to ppl in their 40-50ss who'd see them as kids too
(ppl say your brain fully forms at like 26-30 even if ur legally an adult at like 18-21, tho i guess everyone becomes dumb when it becomes to relationships)

Got some issues if you like cheating friend

It's almost as if I'm enjoying a work of fiction and its approach towards portraying deeply-flawed characters and the drama that ensues. (Which, if you have a brain cell in your head, you'd realize enjoying screwed-up characters in a manga is not the same as endorsing their behavior irl lmao)

Fed-Kun's army
Cheating is never the answer. That's the cowards way out of a relationship. Have the decency and morality to stand in front of your partner and tell them to take a hike. Then do whatever the fuck you want after because you are free and no longer attached to anyone. Don't be a pussy and cheat then expect everything to work out somehow with the person you cheated with or cry a river when you get caught and somehow blame the other person when you were the one to fuck up. Stay single if you can't be a decent human being.
Never said cheating was the answer, but to call it a "Coward's Way Out" shows a severe lack of understanding on how complex and multifaceted human relationships and human thought are. There's typically several factors as to why someone cheats, and it's never just the one thing that causes it. (Unless you just get with someone with the intent of breaking their heart via cheating, but that's different.) We as humans have limits. Think about it first; Yuni a High School Girl who is insecure and dealing with a rough time with her life to begin with, and to add onto that, is a Lesbian, and in a Lesbian relationship with Nanase, which she's had to keep quiet. Naturally, she should feel like she's able to rely on Nanase for comfort, (basically the only person she actually knows who she can rely on and trust) especially since she's her GIRLFRIEND, but Nanase has hardly proven herself to ever be the reliable type in a relationship, which leads to frustrations, which has naturally led to her posting more and more on her personal social media account. In comes Fuuko, who gives her the attention she wants, and is someone who can understand Yuni better. (Actually attentive.) I'm not going to just explain everything, but all I'm saying is that there are at least several things that have clearly led to this, although Fuuko was easily the most important catalyst that led to Yuni cheating. It isn't just the "Coward's way out". There are a lot of things that built up Yuni's frustrations and led to her doing this. She's also young, and under frustration and stress, is bound to make terrible choices. Cut her some slack.

Dex-chan lover
Never said cheating was the answer, but to call it a "Coward's Way Out" shows a severe lack of understanding on how complex and multifaceted human relationships and human thought are. There's typically several factors as to why someone cheats, and it's never just the one thing that causes it. (Unless you just get with someone with the intent of breaking their heart via cheating, but that's different.) We as humans have limits. Think about it first; Yuni a High School Girl who is insecure and dealing with a rough time with her life to begin with, and to add onto that, is a Lesbian, and in a Lesbian relationship with Nanase, which she's had to keep quiet. Naturally, she should feel like she's able to rely on Nanase for comfort, (basically the only person she actually knows who she can rely on and trust) especially since she's her GIRLFRIEND, but Nanase has hardly proven herself to ever be the reliable type in a relationship, which leads to frustrations, which has naturally led to her posting more and more on her personal social media account. In comes Fuuko, who gives her the attention she wants, and is someone who can understand Yuni better. (Actually attentive.) I'm not going to just explain everything, but all I'm saying is that there are at least several things that have clearly led to this, although Fuuko was easily the most important catalyst that led to Yuni cheating. It isn't just the "Coward's way out". There are a lot of things that built up Yuni's frustrations and led to her doing this. She's also young, and under frustration and stress, is bound to make terrible choices. Cut her some slack.
I can care less about your reasoning. Stopped once you started giving excuses for cheaters. There's NO EXCUSE for it. I don't care if you feel like your world is burning right under your feet- LEAVE. LEAVE THE RELATIONSHIP. STOP BEING WEAK.

Fed-Kun's army
I can care less about your reasoning. Stopped once you started giving excuses for cheaters. There's NO EXCUSE for it. I don't care if you feel like your world is burning right under your feet- LEAVE. LEAVE THE RELATIONSHIP. STOP BEING WEAK.
If you don't like cheating, don't read the Manga about Cheating, dumbass.

Dex-chan lover
If you don't like cheating, don't read the Manga about Cheating, dumbass.
It genuinely feels like the guy never been in the relationship, is cheating bad? Yes, absolutely 100, but the reason people stay even when they do bad thing in relationship is bc they still have some sense of love to the other partner and want to make the relationship work, even with all the baggage(can this turn into a toxic one? Absolutely).

Dex-chan lover
For the first time, I get the clear sense from this chapter that Yuni is depressed. Like seriously, clinically depressed. She has no direction or ambition in her life, and her only hobby is an Instagram account. She doesn't care about school or family, seems all but friendless, is honest only with strangers online, and thinks of herself as basically worthless. When she sees other people happily and constructively engaged with their lives, it only makes her feel all the more alienated and lost. She's profoundly narcissistic but lacks self-esteem, so she seeks reassurance in the affectionate attention of others. When left alone for even a little while, she becomes fragile and desperate.

She's fucked up, in other words. But I can relate, as I've struggled with depression myself. Seeing Yuni this way makes her seem less like a "terrible person" straw woman constructed by the author to house an array of toxic impulses, and more like a realistic and even sympathetic character who behaves terribly for understandable reasons.

I still see no real wrong in Nanasi and Yuki. They're just normal young people dealing with life not perfectly, but reasonably well. And Fuuko remains an inhuman agent of chaos, an obvious plot device who doesn't even slightly resemble an actual human being.

Above all else, I want more (and more indiscriminate) cheating. Angst and recrimination are fine seasonings, but in the end, I'm here for red meat.

Dex-chan lover
Some people value loyalty and trust in their relationship, others value sexual gratification, or financial stability, or even self-destructive qualities, etc.

Fuuko my baby 😭 I want her to be happy she already had abandonment issues and now she got abandoned again

Users who are viewing this thread