My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Out of Reach

Dex-chan lover
Had a nagging feeling that Yuki wasn't the goody two shoes, she presents herself to be.

Dex-chan lover
Damn two whole chapters without Fuuka(outside of the final page here)

Mangka is cookin up something good here I can feel it

What’s the lore on fuuka and the last page? Was that an older girl she liked that got married? I vaguely remember that being a hinted at plot point

Dex-chan lover
Yuni keeps being a piece of shit, i don’t even care if nanase’s friend is a psycho or something yuni deserves to suffer more
Where? In this specific chapter? Those are IMHO very real problems a person at that age may have.

She is seemingly surrounded by people with drive and direction when she doesn't feel like she has any. Those are things that are depressing and overwhelming, even in your 20s, 30s, and beyond, let alone for a teenager. Add that on top of her low self-esteem, and she is just crumbling inside. This, by itself, has nothing to do with Nanase or the other girl - those are her inner demons.

I think most of this chapter's distress is caused by Nanase. She knows that Yuni was always jealous of Yuki. They've barely got back together, yet she is pulling this kind of "surprise" on her? And basically, ignores her most of the day after that? Everything Yuni did before aside, this is not a good situation she was put in. Add to that her building despondency and you have a recipe for an absolutely miserable time. If it was me, I would just excuse myself and go home.

Nanase sees that Yuni is in distress, yet chooses to continue the tour. That continues the trend (not sure if intentionally by the author) of her putting "me" over "us". It's probably not a unique opportunity, so maybe she should have gone home this time, or at least taken Yuni aside, talked it over, and asked what's up.

I'm really not sure what Nanase wants from this relationship. She should have figured out that they are an awful match by now - Nanase needs someone who has their own thing going on too, so they can meet from time to time and both will be fine with it. Yuni is not that at all - she is very codependent and craves affection. If Nanase leaves her to her own devices, she will spiral again in no time. Is it healthy? No. But she decided to be with that girl, even after all the shit, so she better put some more effort into it.

And we, as a reader, also know that Yuki is not just a "best friend". It's mostly unrelated because the characters are not aware. But we can't brush it over like she is there with no ill intentions at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn two whole chapters without Fuuka(outside of the final page here)

Mangka is cookin up something good here I can feel it

What’s the lore on fuuka and the last page? Was that an older girl she liked that got married? I vaguely remember that being a hinted at plot point
Yep, we met her back in chapter 8. Fuuka was hurt, and specifically states disgust, that the girl she was into married a guy and was about to have a kid.

Fuuko likely targeted Yuni because seeing the latter's expressions of neglect on social media made her feel that she found someone who could understand her own feelings. Which is why she was genuinely hurt and surprised that Yuni didn't pick her.

Dex-chan lover
I don't even know why i read this.
It became kinda boring after nanase and yuni somehow got back together after all THAT.
I can already see the future, Yuni WILL end up cheating again and then she'll feel even worse and Nanase....
Okay what the fuck is Nanase even doing here? Just fucking break up with her already Jesus.

Dex-chan lover
"Nutrition? What's that?"

YUNI YOU FUCKING DUMB BITCH

During first few pages I thought Nanase is definitely planning to get back at Yuni for the live NTR at cyber cafe but in the previous chapters she did mention how she will not give up on both her dreams and yuni so I'm not sure anymore. The situation with Yuni was obvious from day1 but it's also relatable (the whole not having a clear goal, she is still a bitch for cheating). Fuuko suffering continues, lol at this point she should just go down "onee-loli manga" route with that new born child.

If Nanase is indeed planning to get her "revenge on yuni" i wouldn't exactly blame her but i wish she just broke up with her and eventually end up with Yuki. Also Nanase is not the perfect girlfriend which was made clear but seriously how come you don't know anything about your girlfriends mother or each other's dream? Were all the conversation between them just "good morning and good night"

Ngl Nanase was really clueless but insensitive here, it would be a miracle if they're still together at the end of this manga.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Where? In this specific chapter? Those are IMHO very real problems a person at that age may have.

She is seemingly surrounded by people with drive and direction when she doesn't feel like she has any. Those are things that are depressing and overwhelming, even in your 20s, 30s, and beyond, let alone for a teenager. Add that on top of her low self-esteem, and she is just crumbling inside. This, by itself, has nothing to do with Nanase or the other girl - those are her inner demons.

I think most of this chapter's distress is caused by Nanase. She knows that Yuni was always jealous of Yuki. They've barely got back together, yet she is pulling this kind of "surprise" on her? And basically, ignores her most of the day after that? Everything Yuni did before aside, this is not a good situation she was put in. Add to that her building despondency and you have a recipe for an absolutely miserable time. If it was me, I would just excuse myself and go home.

Nanase sees that Yuni is in distress, yet chooses to continue the tour. That continues the trend (not sure if intentionally by the author) of her putting "me" over "us". It's probably not a unique opportunity, so maybe she should have gone home this time, or at least taken Yuni aside, talked it over, and asked what's up.

I'm really not sure what Nanase wants from this relationship. She should have figured out that they are an awful match by now - Nanase needs someone who has their own thing going on too, so they can meet from time to time and both will be fine with it. Yuni is not that at all - she is very codependent and craves affection. If Nanase leaves her to her own devices, she will spiral again in no time. Is it healthy? No. But she decided to be with that girl, even after all the shit, so she better put some more effort into it.

And we, as a reader, also know that Yuki is not just a "best friend". It's mostly unrelated because the characters are not aware. But we can't brush it over like she is there with no ill intentions at all.
Both of them say that they're interested and committed to their relationship but neither of them really act like they're interested and fully committed to the relationship.

At this point I'm not sure what either of them want out of it and I don't think they really do anymore either. Both of them seem to have people around them that they gel better with but they refuse to let go of this sunk cost and idealized relationship that they appear to be aspiring to.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

👏 Well spoken.

Dex-chan lover
Both of them say that they're interested and committed to their relationship but neither of them really act like they're interested and fully committed to the relationship.

At this point I'm not sure what either of them want out of it and I don't think they really do anymore either. Both of them seem to have people around them that they gel better with but they refuse to let go of this sunk cost and idealized relationship that they appear to be aspiring to.
What is up with peeps still calling Nanase a bad gf or that she is not fully committed/interested ??? What manga are you reading? She went out of her way to forgive her slutty, cheating "gf", goes out of her way to include her in plans and is trying to communicate with her- Yuni is the one completely blocking again, being uninterested in everything even if it concerns her "lover", is once again hurt and hurting others because of her low selfesteem (cause by herself feeling inferior to Nanase being this successful every single time) which should have been brought up from the ground now that Yuni chose and reassured her AND still plays victim.

!!! Also, this even is called ~open campus~, they are there to look around what might be their future university. It is a serious matter and still, Nanase went out of her way to include Yuni- maybe to give her a push even? She is being perfect right now in every regard. This is NOT a lovey-dovey 1on1 makeoutsession. !!!

Now, this all still might be a ploy to get back at Yuni and even then, she was a good (girl-)friend this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Yuni may be a yawning void of neediness that constantly craves validation, but that’s a fucking fly ass varsity jacket.

It’s weird seeing the writing on the wall but we’re still waiting for her and Nanase to break up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread