My Little Sister Stole My Fiance: The Strongest Dragon Favors Me And Plans To Take Over The Kingdom? - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
Thank you for your hard work.
I think the translation was alright. And the sfx doesn’t need to be clean , a lot of official manga also left it there and put the translation next to it, which I think is nice.

Dex-chan lover
yeah md comments are brutal at times, this one time we uploaded something some people were talking about the image quality when they didn't adjust the settings to show the original quality of the image lol

Dex-chan lover
Some of you might have already realised, but I take the help of MTL quite a lot because I don't know a lot of Kanji. I'm a med student, not a translator. There were some translators from a scanlating group who were angry because of it. I did replied to them quite (ahem) nicely, but honestly, I didn't liked it when they made fun of me.

I guess I'll be dropping scanlations because some translators are angry on me for using Ai and chipping away their exclusive right. (Heck, if they would have translated it, why would I have even picked this up?) Soldiers are angry on me because I took up arms when they weren't able to protect my house.
Quite the shame. You did a solid job. Thank you for the effort you did put in.

I always wonder where the comic connoisseurs come from. I always find it frustrating that they tend to kill off further efforts of scanlators and enjoyment of readers.

Banned
I just wanna say, I really appreciate you and your work :) I think it is fine too. especially for a solo work that shouldn't be expected to go shill money for magazine to scan in higher quality art or so. I think it is good. Thanks for the work :)

Dex-chan lover
Ayyy, that's me in the end page!

Anyway, the point of what I was saying last chapter is that those aspects are less important, secondary considerations. The translation itself is what truly matters, and you've got that down pretty solid.
That explains why you used the "Drink" reaction on my comment, though, lol.

Edit: Just saw the message about dropping scanlations. If I may, I'd like to recommend you keep at it. If people have issue with you using MTL and AI, then fuck 'em. I could understand their point if you were just leaning on the MTL to churn out chapters with shitty translations without putting in the effort to sanity check and QC the results, but I've come to realize that machine translations are perfectly acceptable so long as they then get looked over and fixed up by someone who actually understands english, has reading comprehension skills, and can look at the overall context.
Given that your end results are as good as they are, I can only assume that you fit those criteria. If any of them give you trouble for it then just tell them to put their money where their mouths are and either pick the series up themselves, or join up and help you work on it. If they don't want you to take their opportunity, then they should take the opportunity themselves. You should tell them as much, and keep scanlating to spite them until they actually step up instead of whinging.

Edit Number 2: So if it's not obvious, I saw my comment show up in the ending pages, got excited, and immediately came here to comment again. I've now read the rest of the end pages, and I wanna say that the memes are fun and you should def keep doing them. Though, you may want to consider limiting them to fewer pages (maybe collect a couple of them into a single larger page), since I believe it's frowned upon here to have excess amounts of credits/extra pages. Don't quote me on that, though, since I'm not 100% sure about it, and even if there is a rule about it I don't know how hard/soft of a rule it is.
That said, I really enjoyed them, so if there isn't a rule or community standard regarding them then I say keep them in.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I guess I'll be dropping scanlations because ...
Please don't...
It'd be the umpteenth time a manga is dropped because of the sourpussing of some entitled, and quite probably jealous, pricks. They collectively missed this lost little gem and are beating themselves up over it right now..
Especially since you picked it up, and by their own convoluted "rules" they can't snipe or even touch it until you officially give up on it. Not without making a complete ass of themselves anyway.

If you enjoy doing this, do it. Screw the rest.
It is immensely appreciated, even though most of us normal readers aren't very vocal about it.

Just saying ty for the tl man and it definitely didn't bother me u used MTL and AI as it's perfectly readable and understandable. Also like the memes (maybe too much pages but 1 or 2 pages is good).

Supporter
Some of you might have already realised that I take the help of MTL quite a lot because I don't know a a lot of Kanji. I'm a med student, not a translator. There were some translators from a scanlating group who were angry because of this. I did replied to them quite (ahem) nicely, but honestly, I didn't liked it when they made fun of me.

I guess I'll be dropping scanlations because some translators are angry on me for using Ai and chipping away their exclusive right. (Heck, if they would have translated it, why would I have even picked this up?) Soldiers are angry on me because I took up arms when they weren't able to protect my house.
Then they could have gotten their asses over here and translated this one at any point. But they didn't, and now a fun story that was dormant is about to go dormant again. I agree with the others in the thread. Fuck them. Your end product isn't super polished but is orders of magnitude better than some of the actual trash I've subjected myself to and made reading enjoyable. Please don't quit. I don't want this one to go quiet again.

Dex-chan lover
I was talking about that balancing line said by Chief Dryad on the bottom Right

Without having the RAW, my best guess from context is that the chief was talking about making a show of their positions in hierarchy.

Like how Eliana was talking about visiting Jill as a friend and not as messenger to convince the others to let her be alone with Jill, there's your official position and there's your personal position.

Here the chief was taking the stance of official dryad chief instead of showing its true feeling up front because it's trying to keep up the 'dignity of the chief' even though it already called for araara here to help Jill.

To sum it in a different way, chief's just being tsundere.

Users who are viewing this thread