My Little Sister Stole My Fiance: The Strongest Dragon Favors Me And Plans To Take Over The Kingdom? - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
There are also places like mine where these cant even bought locally and online stores etc either wont deliver it or Online readings are rather bad quality and all, sometimes much lower than fan-scanlations and translations
its sad and yet there are those that think its okay to just not take titles just because, no one in their right mind would willingly pay double for something that costs less or even pay money for something that doesn't even ship to their area(honestly that's also primarily why certain shounen titles got too famous really fast because people just kept scanlating it regardless if it was licensed or not, which actually contributed more to their sales than titles that weren't scanlated since more people got to know about them instead of their fame being impeded by a paywall)

It's been so long i forgot everything that happened so far, guess i'll reread it.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for taking the project, i just found it a few weeks back ago, and well here i am

Dex-chan lover
Someone finally said what needed to be said, also fun fact majority if not all of the websites are pricing manga based on the median western standards for english releases when not everyone earns in dollars,

those of us in places like Asia who earn less will end up paying double from what you can buy in your local stores, unlike steam and epic which adjusts prices based on location, manga selling sites dont do that

Which makes scanlating manga even more important, majority of manga buyers buy manga when they've already enjoyed a series
Imo, they can still be pretty expensive especially for the fact that what they sell is 100% digital and if they end their business you lose what you paid for. I don't mind buying from amazon because i don't see them going bankrupt any time soon. Just like steam

Double-page supporter
Thought it was fully dead when it stopped after that last chapter update, glad it's back

Dex-chan lover
Man, thanks for doing this. I was scared when I saw "No Group" was taking it up, since that's always something of a crapshoot, but this was actually really good. Now, obviously, when I say "really good" I'm not talking about things like the scan quality or the typesetting or any of that because to be honest it's pretty shitty. What I'm talking about is the actual translation. Not only is it readable and comprehensible, but it seems like it's actually true to the story as well (which seems like it should be expected outright for this sort of thing, but honestly I've seen some pretty absurdly bad stuff). Even the parts you confessed to being unsure or confused about seemed like you got it right and were just doubting yourself (which in my opinion is far better than getting it wrong while having complete and total confidence).

Honestly, I'd be all for it if you made yourself a scan group and started working on this and other mangas, especially since that'd give you a good way to pull in people to help bring the other aspects of your scans (like the aforementioned typesetting and image quality) up to the level of your already solid translation work.

Dex-chan lover
Imo, they can still be pretty expensive especially for the fact that what they sell is 100% digital and if they end their business you lose what you paid for. I don't mind buying from amazon because i don't see them going bankrupt any time soon. Just like steam
too true, honestly if they made a platform that's like steam for manga and owned by a big company that doesn't have region locks with a wide range of manga they're covering and hire some people from scanlation groups to do it at the side, they'd easily stamp out majority of scanlation groups if anything at all

Users who are viewing this thread