My Little Sister Stole My Fiancé: The Strongest Dragon Favors Me and Plans to Take Over the Kingdom? - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
I'm so sorry, i wasnt under the impression this was mtl at all. It was a little difficult to read but not in any way similar to mtl bc the phrasing was too good in the vast majority of areas.

Definitely would contract the md mods if you suspect the reports were in bad faith (since you mentioned a discord specifically being nasty towards you). Such a horrible thing to do when its clear it was a passion project for a largely forgotten manga.

Dex-chan lover
Have you tried talking to the issue on MangaDex discord? The admins are pretty understanding. I really appreciated your translations and would love more if you have time and willing, but if not, you aren't required.

people bitching should do it themselves or stfu though. If they know better why not help?

Dex-chan lover
In this case all the chapters uploaded by the user "filzeV-Zero" (might have mispelled it, but it's more or less that) should be removed, since they all begin and end with a page saying "if you can give me $X I will release this many chapters".
Ah, them. They also posted under cutegurls/cutegurl/Yuricutegurl (Example: I'm the Only One With Genius DNA) that always begs for cash, while providing trash scans. Even worse, they would drive away good scanilation groups in order to try and make money with their fast but obviously and poorly done MTL scans.

Dex-chan lover
The comic dom guy who uses multiple accounts to upload literally says they're pay walling.
He's the same person as Cutegurls. They have a youtube channel where they have referred to one another as the reference point.

nbX6ifC.png

They are currently posting under doramaaa, and mixed up their shadowed8888 account with their doramaaa login when they uploaded LV999 no Murabito ch.60, and are doing the usual paywalling for translations.

Double-page supporter
I’m not sure why your chapters got removed since there’s so many MTL work here. I was happy that the manga was back and now I’m sad since it’s gone again. Anyway, thank you for your hard work.

Supporter
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...to-take-over-the-kingdom-vol-3-ch-18.1268302/
For those who might missed it, someone explain why it was removed on the previous chap discussion
Ah, official rips will get you, but it sounds like it wasn't handled well from MD's side in terms of communication, and whatever community you were discussing this in sounds like a bunch of assholes. Your scans were fine, and I said as much in one of the deleted chapter discussions. I'm a little pissed right now. Hate it when fuckers make series that they don't even want to translate disappear because of their own personal petty insecurity and made-up standards.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters! But also, what happened to the previous group that was translating this?

Dex-chan lover
Wow, I came back thinking that there are new chapters. Turns out only one chapter is new (I already read the previous one which is reuploaded), the news that the translator got screwed over and the manga will never be translated because the translator got fed up and disrespected from getting screwed over.

My only complaint about this chapter and the previous chapter is the font the translator used and that's about it. I can't tell the difference between MTL and normal translation but that's not really an issue for this site anyway. At least, this one (and the previous one) doesn't feel like MTL.

Anyways, thank you for the translation and I'm sorry that you got screwed by the system (at least the admins apologized and stated their reasons) and the community (one person thought he can screw over someone for translating a manga the same way one person/company can falsely copyright strike a YouTube video).

I don't suppose it was because the comic was picked up by an official English translation? Though, that only helps those in countries where that adaptation is freely available (not "free" as in "zero cost", but "widely available").

I don't suppose that someone (like a previous translation group or an administrator) borked it because the comic is supposed to be released in English already?

I know a number of comics got scrubbed for this very reason (which, again, official releases only helps those who live in countries where that release is applicable as the licensing is only for "approved" countries, unless one wants do "imports", which has its own set of issues).

Dex-chan lover
I don't suppose it was because the comic was picked up by an official English translation? Though, that only helps those in countries where that adaptation is freely available (not "free" as in "zero cost", but "widely available").

That appears to be part of it. In the discussion on the previous chapter's forum page a MD staff member says that they got pinched for some chapters using official rips (by which I assume they mean official translated rips?) as the series does have an official simultaneous-release English translation on Bookwalker.jp and that other chapters that were ultimately not put up using official rips were taken at the same time because they were part of the same no-group release and the mods erred on the side of caution (understandable given that official translation publishers coming after MD for directly releasing their unedited/mildly edited work is likely a lot more immediately serious and threatening than the potential for the original Japanese publisher to come after the scanlations).

I don't suppose that someone (like a previous translation group or an administrator) borked it because the comic is supposed to be released in English already?

I know a number of comics got scrubbed for this very reason (which, again, official releases only helps those who live in countries where that release is applicable as the licensing is only for "approved" countries, unless one wants do "imports", which has its own set of issues).

I have a feeling we won't see any revived translation of this given that it appears bookwalker is widely available. It's a japanese site so I get the sense that it's probably not regionally restricted and is available anywhere outside of the usual places that might limit, control, or crack down on content for political reasons. The bookwalker translations are also up as far as chapter 41, well beyond the range that was translated on here, thus taking away the most common excuse for translators to continue working on officially licensed series (the "scanlations are so far ahead that people would wait months if not years to continue the story at the pace official releases come out" rationale)

regardless we almost certainly aren't getting the most recent translator back as they have vowed to quit, citing burnout and the belief that they are being made fun of or badgered for their work (which does not seem to be entirely true and in part appears to be the fault of poor communication and language barriers for the translator)

It sucks but I also have far too many things on the go to read right now so I guess one sorta-generic silly romcom/political drama won't be missed (at least not enough to spend $2 a chapter on it. It's a fair price, for sure but no thank you to $40 to get up to speed to where the series is at the moment.)

Fuck digital only things though :/ don't like supporting digital only model. We need more companies to be like dvd/blu ray sales that come with both physical and digital
Unfortunately, this seems to be the new norm. From what I can see, outside of certain sites/companies that profit and have a merchandise profit stream, sales of Print/DVD/Blu-ray content seems to be shrinking. I guess it probably has something to do with general sales. Take, for example, the desire to limit access to sales. Force everyone onto a subscription model enabling large publishers (Japanese, Korean, and US conglomerates) to maximize the economic rent they can leech off of viewers. Instead of having permanent content, it ONLY becomes available through streaming.

I suppose in a way we have ourselves to blame as we demanded streaming as a legitimate option. Unfortunately, once firms realized how much capital they could milk off viewers through economic rent, they went gung ho on streaming only. Well, with the sole except of the wingnut in charge of WBD. Though, WBD is tanking for all of us to gleefully enjoy.

I imagine that the ONLY way we may be able to enjoy content from some providers, like Netflix or Amazon, is by that ancient method of old—ripping the streams via plugins and specialized apps to rip stream content. Heh.

So us old fogies know how to do it? Maybe… But, we shan't answer that publicly for our own preservation. =P

Users who are viewing this thread