My Secretly Hot Husband - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

So, so I had to re-read ch0 because I wanted to see Erden's face again, and now i have a theory. Maybe he really has a hideous face but she is seeing his inner... soul? Like, he is a really kind and nice person. And that reflects on his face - well, she can see it but maybe not the others?
There was a movie with that storyline with Gwyneth P. So maybe something like that?

Or he really is such a cutie and I have no idea why he believes he's hideous. But I can kinda understand why she wants to keep that a secret, ahahaha 😅🤭

The complaints about capitalism make no sense when the character is a feudal lord. That is pretty much the same big gap against rich and poor.

Dex-chan lover
@MayhemTrinkets
You also have to take into account that they are talking from a korean perspective, keep in mind korea has "samsung city"(don't know the actual name), a city that is literally samsung owned, and you work, eat and do shopping, everything, under samsung in that city, so yes, that level of capitalism is terrible, not to mention capitalism isn't really that new of a concept, and has been practiced for thousands of years in some form.

I also think alot of people misunderstand something about feudalism, the biggest issues with feudalism was the lack of medical technology and other human comforts we take for granted today, a fragmented governance, feudalism could be just as free or corrupt as any modern day nation, from the us to north korea, depending on the ruling lords of that area, we only view monarchy as so terrible as it was built on the ruins of empires, many of which weren't exactly changes the populace wanted, but that's a different topic.

There's a way to talk about capitalism like Stardew Valley does, showing its negative and positive consequences and letting you choose your path, even if the creator is biased against it.

Then there are authors like this which are didactic and just tell you "capitalism bad feudalism good" in a narrative medium, without demonstrating how feudal society depicted here somehow makes everyone morally superior to a capitalistic society.

I'm not against politics in manga or webtoons, but I'm very much against virtue signalling.

@MayhemTrinkets if I could like your comment I would. To me alot of the time what we see in possibly both capitalism and communism is alot of corruption. I think in theory they both could work and change society, but because its a power struggle basically we see so many people using it to their advantage or taking advantage of the system all together. I dont dislike capitalism I know what we deal with in the US is crony capitalism. Its just weird how its mentioned in the webtoon like its the ultimate evil. I know how the poor were treated a long time ago. I know there were revolutions because of how they were treated and because there was such a difference between the rich and poor. I just kind of don't see how being from a world with "capitalism" is going to save them from demons. I'm from a modern day world with capitalism and I'm not sure how I would fair against demons. I'd probably die after 15 seconds with a fight with a demon.

Y'all here talking about your views on capitalism while I'm still getting over Erden's thighs.
I do agree with the fact that they haven't exactly portrayed what fuedalism was actually like, but I don't think they're really putting capitalism down either? Its just the made himself who saw it that way i think and what he experienced.

I think it's the term capitalism itself what is causing the confusion? Cause if they don't have the term itself defined there then of course they'll wonder what's the meaning of the word

Y'all taking this capitalism thing like it's a serious plot point where fantasy threats would pale in comparison while I'm just thinking whoever wrote the book is probably the kind of person who had to get into the best schools with perfect grades to end up working overtime hours for the rest of their life and is just salty af.

Honestly, I think people are looking at the capitalism aspect wrong. What I'm getting at from this is that Consumerism is wrong and that the objects that pass over into that world are a result of the 'Capitalism' mentioned in the sage book. It's describing an overabundance of stuff we don't need in a society that relies on endless growth which is unsustainable. It's prob why the sage said the demons would see it as an advanced civilization. Constant misery, stress and anxiety would be something they'd enjoy I imagine.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Mwahaha I grew up in a world of contemporary capitalism, FEAR ME puny stone golems!

Wait... I thought Erden and Letisia are the same age? If seven years passed, wouldn't that mean that both of them are 22 or Erden is older???

@alichan0612 I'm pretty sure Leticia was 12 when they meet and Erden was 15. So that would make Leticia 19 and Erden 22. But idk someone can correct me if I'm wrong

Users who are viewing this thread