Nageki no Bourei wa Intai Shitai: Saijaku Hunter ni Yoru Saikyou Party Ikuseijutsu

Dex-chan lover
Who the heck translated the title? "嘆きの亡霊" doesn't even vaguely mean "Strange Grief".
嘆き -> Lamentation or Mourning (could be 'grief' in that sense)
の -> Genitive particle
亡霊 -> Ghost

This adds up to:
Mourning Ghost or Ghost of Lamentation. 'Strange' is nowhere, and the subject is completely misidentified.
Better translation:
"The Mourning Ghost Wants To Retire - The Strongest Party Training Method according to the Weakest Hunter."

Group Leader
@Fushiginiku
dMtm05T.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea what to make of this story.
It's soo. . . . . generic in like the most boring way (?)

Holy Hell in a shxt basket. This is slow and drawn out like waiting at the dentist's office. As much as the main points try to be interesting, if you repeat something over and over, it deteriorates further and further. I got no catharsis, just loli, which SOMEHOW isn't tagged.

Dex-chan lover
@JustNatsuki "The wailing ghost retired" Is also a very inadequate translation. Worse, actually, than the other one, so I wasn't even commenting on it. The fact that the tense is wrong (past tense when it should be desiderative) is a first-year-level error. But in addition, 'wailing' just means crying. Nageki is grief or mourning.
They did correctly identify the subject though. I will give them that much.

the translation is so shit lol
it feels like characters are having different conversations in the same panel

Dex-chan lover
@JustNatsuki Fine. I don't hear the word 'wailing' that way, except the loud cries part at the end, but I guess the dictionary does. 嘆きの亡霊は引退したい still absolutely does not mean "The Wailing Ghost Retired". That is still wrong and I stand firmly behind that statement.
This is all irrelevant to my original post, however. The other translation, "strange grief" is the one that is being used in the text of the scanlations as the name of the MC's party, and 嘆きの亡霊 absolutely means nothing like "Strange Grief". There is no way to justify that as even a 'close' translation. It's just flat wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
I only managed to read to chapter 7, it was too terrible to continue...

The translation of the first chapters is tremendous, the story itself isn't original or interesting and it seems the autor really loves to make people talk about useless infos...
It's even hard to grasp the chronological order of things...

If you want to start reading this, do it only for the art. The artist is really good and I'd love to see more mangas made by him/her.

I'm okay with the "accidentally faked it 'till he maked it, but never stopped faking it" premise, but he isn't very....likable? I get that the whole point is that he's inept but his friends hold him to an overly high regard, but at least give him some liikable qualities, no? I just feel like I'm looking at a normal person, which doesn't work since he would've picked something up all those years.

LOL..

Summary:
A group of friends has dreams to become the strongest treasure hunters. They explore and capture the dungeon AKA the Shrines for of course the treasure. But the MC realizes he himself is not talented and weak compared to his friend so he wanted to stop being a treasure hunter. But his friends tell him to be the party leader. Because MC is weak and afraid to capture a Shrine, he thought of establishing a clan so that there are talented people to assists his friends in achieving their dream. MC becomes the clan leader maybe because he is the leader of the party of Strange Grief. Certainly, MC is weak but because the MC is very unfortunate, there are always bad events that follow him and his decision. But in the end, because of the capable people like Ark Rodin and his friends, thing works out to MC favor. Because MC likes to use vague words or roundabout ways of saying things, his word often misunderstood. And the word he spoke of always somehow how things turn out. So people misunderstood MC as a wise, cunning, and calculative person that knows everything. But the MC just someones that want to retire as treasure hunters but can't as he wanted to support his friend's dream.

There are also other things that I wanted to mention but that will be too much of spoilers. Read WN for more.
For me personally, I like the story and the manga very much. Just the translation is a bit off.

God, why do I keep reading this? why do I enjoy wasting my time?? not even thighs can save this burning ship.

I'm calling it, that slime the MC lost is going to reappear and save the day at the last moment, then the MC is going to be further worshipped as a master tactician.

Dex-chan lover
@Jzc136 But the cover has a brown almost-loli sticking out her DFC while flashing abs and armpits, taunting you whenever it shows up on the front page. How are you not supposed to click on it every time?

i wished the dude had better qualities. he is being highly regarded when he doesnt fight and stuff and somehow seeing his scared, blank and pussy face is kinda annoying. I kinda hope he mans up more and does smth

I'm curious that this one still yet to be axed even at this point...................

Users who are viewing this thread