Nana Seiken to Maken no Hime - Vol. 7 Ch. 23 - Final Chapter-Millennium Mission

Dex-chan lover
this is the usual prob with this trope, they had a good original plot and backstory, it could had been great arc spanning bunch of chapters and episode, but i knew this manga is heading towards the cliff of damnation the moment it went into school troupe

you either wants a fantasy action trope or you want a school trope, both usually doesnt mix well,

Reactions: le3
Double-page supporter
well thank you for translating
the end kind meh for me

Thanks for pulling it through. I know many scanlators would not even bother to finish off a poorly ended series like this but as a reader, I don't like being left hanging,good end or not. Better luck with the next project.

Dex-chan lover
i know this is the kind of story where you have to reduce your brain into nothing to enjoy it but the big bad acting sooooo shocked at the protagonist's choice to forever fight other cursed swords as if it's more irrational than like. destroying the fucking world. can't you guys at least point out or taunt her about how she talks big about saving the world but can't even fathom the idea of dedicating yourself to protect it

also yeah ofc "former" tyrant is rich. there's gotta be a good reason he doesn't get arrested for doing pet play in public. im also curious at how the average citizens view violence i mean this guy very much— oh shit im using my brain my bad

Aggregator gang
man i think they just sped up the story into nothingness. the ending feels lackluster
My literal thoughts exactly. Not to mention both Iris & his teacher/aunt were in 2 different frames crying when they saw him then for him to not acknowledge her at all is stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating this all the way to the end.

This had a solid start, weak middle and very wonky rushed end... Still, I am hesitant to call it bad. Just, poorly executed.

Definitely agree with the idea that the school setting was a big detriment. It made the world feel small, and a bit silly that all this world ending stuff was the providence of teenage students.

Dex-chan lover
Look, buddy, when they say "become one with the blade", they don't mean it literally.

Group Leader
The moment the story stopped focusing on his mission from the beginning it was downhill. It was all trying to find some other premise that was as good as the initial one but could be done within a school setting. And I think it failed to do that. Also damn the story was so rushed at the end.

Dex-chan lover
So well there is the ending, as an adaptation it finished completely the source, but at the same time the source was a mess even if it was completed in 2 Volumes, thanks for translating, tho the group skipped a chapter and never went back to it lol (20.4)

Manga had a decent run for an adaptation, even tho the chapters were "splits" they were actually normal lenght weekly chapters in disguise, unlike alot of actual splits, 70+ for a weekly is fine, and if you merged them, they ended a lengthy monthly chapter, at chapter 10 it finished Vol.1 and with the rest Vol.2 (and manga ending with the 7th volume works with the name lol)

But here is the thing why this ended a mess, in the afterword of LN Vol.2 author mention that the LN was always planned to end in 2 volumes, but the moment it started to write the 2nd, it added more and more stuff that ran out of pages so had to delete alot, so LN shouldn't have been 2 Volumes if this was going to be a problem, manga fixed some stuff, but couldn't do much

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
lol ok ending feels like tales of zestria mc just watching/guard his friends even the worlds too XD
but sometimes this ending manga like sequels too

Dex-chan lover
Alright ending for how we knew we were speeding so fast to the end. It's disappointing how few cursed sword powers we actually saw though, since even the few we did were messed with by the MC's power being nullification. Power-based series are best when you actually get to see the powers used to good effect, imo.

Weirdest part of this ending to me though is how they give the Tyrant a nice little comedic scene at the end, especially with Maria there. Are they all forgetting that not only did he beat her down at the tournament, but that she literally has prosthetic limbs because of him? They're not exactly friendly to him here, but they should be a bit more offput by his presence than treating him like a minor nuisance. Like, I'm not one to say that readers can't like evil/bad MCs (they can make some of the best chars) but it's really something when characters in a series brush off atrocities other characters did with little fanfare/apology about it.

Dex-chan lover
I knew they were speeding through when the OP holy sword user found out there whereabouts immediately after the fighting tournament. They could have expanded the story if they stayed ignorant of his existence then, but it was obviously rushed.

As for the ending, I'll take it I guess. They're have been much worse endings but it did fall under the usual trope ending of I'll take on the entire world's burden on my own.

Thanks for translating the series nonetheless, and i wish you luck on your next project!

Users who are viewing this thread