Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai Suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Happiness

Dex-chan lover
Nice chapter, but I didn't like her change of mind. She lived until now with one teaching and now kinda "Ok, you convinced me, gonna change lmao."

@blablablub @G01dmaster
It was considered as official samurai clans battle and even with huge number advantage they couldn't win/ push. So they decide to use archers to end the battle what is very safe, but also considered coward way to end. I mean they won no matter what at this point, but they throw away warrior honour and meaning/ way of they school/ skills. So they not saying that archery is coward, but that they are cowards as they don't have balls to do even like 20 vs 1 (or more) - so in the end the proved that theirs skills were better and that was good enough before dying in fight anyway.

It's quite different than using archers at start/ during of battle or during the war in general.
It goes with all of the warrior philosophy (honour and death) and respecting enemy warrior who shown amazing skills or honour in battle. Also similar things were part different cultures like ancient Greek or Rome (etc) and overall ways of Knights, Vikings and so on. General conduct was different in some parts, but idea behind it was the same.
So this part is actually quite accurate to how it would be seen.

As for Nanao we need more backstory. My guess is this will be trauma of losing family and decline/ betray of her clan.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh, it was really badly written, especially the sudden change of the character. But more so I really cannot understand Nanao's behaviour and emotions. Is she depressed that she lost her friends and she survived, that she didn't kill the enemy general or that she frenzied during the battle? It is really not explained that well.

She doesn't really behave like it was about her friends, she couldn't honestly expected to kill the general so why exactly is she is on such bad state? So the only reason is that she was rescued in a petty way? So why not refuse the magician and stay there protecting her honour?

Even with the questionable character development I'm actually pretty hooked

The word sword has been ruined in my head long before this so I can’t take it seriously enough without giggling about how often they love his sword

MFW the jumpcuts of character development is crazy fast lmao.

I mean I'm sorta confused/sorta like it because it's basically ignoring the bullshit of drawing out shit but at the same time is weird .

Aggregator gang
"So to summarize, Nanao is in pain after being dumped by Oliver?" 🤣

After I read that, I just couldn't take any of that tragic backstory seriously anymore. I couldn't take anything that happened afterwards seriously either. This author is an absolute genius at killing his own mood.

Double-page supporter
Grew and molded in the Way of the sword and only in the way of the sword. Not questioning how far she went that she eventually got too absorbed in it because of the continued blood filled battles. When came back to her reality it became twisted and now she wants to cling to that way of sword, to go down holding her way till the end.....a complicated yet not so complicated back story and mindset.
So what? Mc and friends will teach her that there is more to life than just the way of a sword?
Hmm, might prove to be difficult in this school where you basically are being molded into crazy cold hearted maniacs.

Users who are viewing this thread