Nanoka no Kare

Group Leader
@Natsukashii
This is a request to all commenters. If you don't like the story, please just drop reading it. Giving out spoilers and continuously thrashing the contents of the story by commenting below each chapter and just keep spreading the negativity is not necessary. People work hard to bring all these chapters out. I hope you can understand and at least appreciate their hard work.

Typical. "If you don't like it, just shut up, stop reading it and keep all your negative comments to yourself."

You seem to be unable to separate the story from the scanlators. Slamming the story is not the same a slamming the scanlators. If you're that affected by comments about a story that you scanlate, then it is you, not the commentors, who should stop scanlating it if you can't handle the comments.

This story is, like I said before, a psychotic cesspool and a rating of "1" is far too generous. I don't have to stop reading it since I've already read the whole thing in English (much to my own regret), and I have just as much right to voice my opinion here as you do yours.

I really don't know which side i should root for. This is such a torment!

Thank you for translating this series. Can't wait to read next chapter!

Double-page supporter
Honestly, I liked some of the psychological aspects of this series so far (what's translated here), and especially exploring the flaws of each of the main (like Takato I completely hated at first but slowly starting to understand him).

That being said, some of this drama is just really stupid for my taste lol. Like how can Nanoka be so fukin vague every time she wants to convey stuff to Hayate? I really don't like misunderstandings caused by really stupid stuff like that cause it's just cheap ways to create drama. Hell, "it's summer so germs are more rampant" is such a ridiculous excuse to prevent Nanoka from coming back I'm surprised she fully believed it lel.

But I do like stuff like how Nanoka doesn't just completely fall head over heels for Taka. after what she had to deal with and is actually impacted by his actions

And apparently it's gonna only get worse from here (can already tell by the recent events) so whoop-di-die.

I remember reading this cuz i like the art, they are all so cute. But I absolutely can't stand the story. Someone please tell me the appeal, I would love to look at this story in some positive light.

Honestly... I like takato more for nanoka... All he needs is a second chance...
i was sad when takato made his 2nd confession with nanoka... If only nanoka gave him a 2nd chance but nanoka is already inlove with hayate.... So im very relieved when hayate will move far away... In that way takato will have a sencond chance he deserve!

So i want to ask... Will there be another update for this manga or is this the end?

Thank you for the scanlations! High school relationships can sometimes be really dumb and dramatic but I feel like this story says that just because you're young doesn't mean your feelings are invalid. And as someone with anxiety I really empathize with the characters sometimes. Seeing them put in effort to be the people they want to be and have the relationships they want to have encourages me.

@morbideus
There are 14 volumes. Chapter53 is the end of volume 9.

@elysian
IMO this story had a great start but as the story flows, the plot turns out to be overall so-so... it’s still interesting to see the emotions/perspectives that each character has to the same events. There’s also quite a bit of growth and self-reflection. It’s an EQ type of story, it’s comparatively more than regular Shoujo. Nanoka’s character is the type that puts others before herself, to the point she doesn’t know what she wants anymore. And this is a story of her coming out of that shell. Not everyone will be able to appreciate this sort of thing.

To those who wonder why Nanoka is so soft, it’s actually typical Japanese behaviour. It’s traditional to be “part of the crowd” and “not stand out” or “speak up”. It’s very different from western culture.

Miho/translating Nanoka (for Natsukashii)

This story's develolment is so frustrating. I love the art but reading this actually makes me more depressed. I am really thankful for the translator team but I am seriously stressed out because of the constant depressing vibe

Don't worry it gets better. I read till the end in the original Japanese manga. It's really a story about growth and circumstances and 2nd chances. It has a good ending. Maybe the earlier comments were based-off a poorly translated version?

This story definitely focuses on character development, which I appreciate! Thank you for the translations!

i dont like this story, but for some reason i keep reading.

The story doesnt have a proper plot, the characters are all overdramatic, the story itself is over dramatic.

i dont like this story, but for some reason i keep reading.

The story doesnt have a proper plot, the characters are all overdramatic, the story itself is over dramatic.

Kudo to people who can read this until the last chapter. I can't bring myself because it's too dramatic

Non-spoiler information about character popularity poll (held when the series was still ongoing), which may or may not show up in future volume extras.

Takato was over 50% of the votes. He had more votes than Hayata and Nanoka combined LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread