Nee, Mou Isso Tsukiacchau? Osananajimi no Bishoujo ni Tanomarete, Camo Kareshi Hajimemashita - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - A Trump Card Spell

Dex-chan lover
  • Girl likes guy, and have a good relationship.
  • Girl changes guy to fit her own vision of what he should be.
  • Girl gets worried that he changed what she liked about him.

This only ends up well in manga.

And no, this is not what it is cute about them, Toiro likes him as the nerd he is and should let him be and keep him to herself. Now he will be open game for other girls (or guys?), she is inviting discord into their quite cute relationship and that is so dumb of her, if this manga has any kind of sense she will regret doing this.
Pretty sure she already is to one extent or another. The whole point of the fake boyfriend was so that she could nerd out with him in peace (which is already dumb anyways, just ignore what people might say/think and do what you want), and now she's not happy that they're spending more time on the 'fake' relationship than what she wanted to do. Plus, she is afraid that he's putting himself out too much to change, AND possibly going to draw attention and competition (based on her already somewhat jealous reactions).

She really should have seen this coming. Guess she doesn't know him as well as she thinks she does.

Supporter
Pretty sure she already is to one extent or another. The whole point of the fake boyfriend was so that she could nerd out with him in peace (which is already dumb anyways, just ignore what people might say/think and do what you want), and now she's not happy that they're spending more time on the 'fake' relationship than what she wanted to do. Plus, she is afraid that he's putting himself out too much to change, AND possibly going to draw attention and competition (based on her already somewhat jealous reactions).

She really should have seen this coming. Guess she doesn't know him as well as she thinks she does.
Lets see how the author handles that development.

Dex-chan lover
  • Girl likes guy, and have a good relationship.
  • Girl changes guy to fit her own vision of what he should be.
  • Girl gets worried that he changed what she liked about him.

This only ends up well in manga.

And no, this is not what it is cute about them, Toiro likes him as the nerd he is and should let him be and keep him to herself. Now he will be open game for other girls (or guys?), she is inviting discord into their quite cute relationship and that is so dumb of her, if this manga has any kind of sense she will regret doing this.
Tell me you didn't read the manga without telling me you didn't read the manga.

Ok, shitposting and jokes aside, you're taking very broad strokes here and missing out on much of the actual intentions of the characters.

Masaichi asked her for help in becoming more fashionable so as to be a better partner for her, the boy is actually trying to better himself and pay attention to the things he didn't actually use to care about before (fashion, style, doing stuff outside of his usual routine). Not only that, but he also knows that he doesn't know jackshit about any of this stuff, so he's asking his best friend (her) for help in doing it.

Toiro already said (well, thought) that he already was perfect for her, since she liked him for who he was and not what he looked like, but she also knows that he doesn't pay any attention to his looks so she's guiding him in the path he's trying to go to (whilst also sneaking in some personal preferences, since it's apparent that she had already put some thought on "what would look good on him" rather than "what I like on men").

Her worries were more on him changing his personality and no longer being the Masaichi she knows and loves, no longer doing the things he likes and forcing himself into a path alien to both just to fit in his own idea of "popular" that has got nothing to do with what they're doing, which is learning how to be a better version of himself whilst also trying out new stuff.

Sorry about the rant but this one arc kinda resonates with me, since I'm also on a path of rediscovery, trying out new stuff that I never tried out before whilst also actually paying attention to how I dress and how I look; I missed out on A LOT of stuff in my early years and only now am I actually trying to get out of my shell... and it has been HARD.

Supporter
Tell me you didn't read the manga without telling me you didn't read the manga.

Ok, shitposting and jokes aside, you're taking very broad strokes here and missing out on much of the actual intentions of the characters.

Masaichi asked her for help in becoming more fashionable so as to be a better partner for her, the boy is actually trying to better himself and pay attention to the things he didn't actually use to care about before (fashion, style, doing stuff outside of his usual routine). Not only that, but he also knows that he doesn't know jackshit about any of this stuff, so he's asking his best friend (her) for help in doing it.

Toiro already said (well, thought) that he already was perfect for her, since she liked him for who he was and not what he looked like, but she also knows that he doesn't pay any attention to his looks so she's guiding him in the path he's trying to go to (whilst also sneaking in some personal preferences, since it's apparent that she had already put some thought on "what would look good on him" rather than "what I like on men").

Her worries were more on him changing his personality and no longer being the Masaichi she knows and loves, no longer doing the things he likes and forcing himself into a path alien to both just to fit in his own idea of "popular" that has got nothing to do with what they're doing, which is learning how to be a better version of himself whilst also trying out new stuff.

Sorry about the rant but this one arc kinda resonates with me, since I'm also on a path of rediscovery, trying out new stuff that I never tried out before whilst also actually paying attention to how I dress and how I look; I missed out on A LOT of stuff in my early years and only now am I actually trying to get out of my shell... and it has been HARD.
:p you seem to have forgotten something from the manga, he started that change because of her prodding for a fake relationship, which snowballed to the quite sublime (but forced) changes introduction, did the changes came from himself? Not really, if it were up to him, playing games and collecting cards would be his ideal setting.

He started to force himself to change not because he found meaning for himself (like you probably did, I hope?) but because of Toiro. Never change because someone else told (or manipulated) you to, but because you yourself finds meaning in making those changes for yourself.

The only people that are allowed to force changes in you are your parents.

Btw congratulations in finding meaning in your change for the better, that is not an easy thing to do.

Dex-chan lover
His makeover makes him look like a total dweeb. I don't keep up with fashion at all, but is that really what's in now?:thonk:
I have no idea. But it's hard to go worse than the 80's for fashion.

I have no skin in this game myself, as the one time in my life I had bangs that could be partable, was the time I let my sister straighten my hair. A couple hours, and half melted hair later I had proper bangs for a few days.

Dex-chan lover
Lol the way they did the Starbucks incantation was hilarious

Dex-chan lover
Ugh I want him to nerd out with her too.
That was his goal, I wish he doesn't neglect that. Even at the mall she wanted to go to the arcade.

Users who are viewing this thread