Negai wo Kanaete Moraou to Akuma wo Shoukan Shitakedo, Kawaikattanode Kekkonshimashita ~ Akuma no Niidzuma ~ - Ch. 29 - The Ruler Vessel

Dex-chan lover
Probably cancer, which you should have sympathy for being cancer.
If it's cancer, could the TL not specify it's cancer. Even if it's any other chronic illness surely it has a name. I don't think anybody here is scummy enough to actually say something bad, and having a disease is nothing to be ashamed of cause it's out of anyone's control so the TL could actually tell us what their mom has.

Dex-chan lover
What's up with the meh discussion about Kirei Cakes moms illness? We have no way to confirm if it is true or not and more infantile people will declare it a scam, as always. Anyway, I wish the tl and her/his/xirs mom the best, I am grateful for quality tl. Happy new year and all. :haa:

Dex-chan lover
Just kill the devil already.
This is also a great example of never leave any loose end and potential enemies alive ... tho I guess they can't be considered an enemy.... but yeah that low-blood devil.... what was the plan? Kill the contrator of the all powerful devil that everyone's afraid of? What then? If the owner of the company wants to have a vactation with their lover, you fucking let them and don't spring up bullshit on them just because you worked at that company. Like genuinely you aren't even a noble.... and how the fuck do you even know she had sealed memories? And why the fuck would you tell her? It's like admiting you wiretapped someone's house...... this entire chapter is just a flawed mess
Pretty sure she did and he died an off-screen death. Unless the author pulled "somehow he survived" BS he is very dead. TBH he was probably some retard who though he had the opportunity of a lifetime. He couldn't fathom that another devil could be attached to a single human and probably assumed their contract was the usual trade power/money/health for soul deal, so by killing Theo the contract binding her would cease. If the lower class advocate for her return then it's probably common knowledge she was sealed, makes sense considering how notable she is and that it became something akin to legend. By telling her about her sealed memories he was banking that she would return to her old self and take her place at the top, and by doing so elevate his own position.

Dex-chan lover
Poor bastard just couldn't comprehend that there are some things you can't obtain with brute force. For a literal devil with seemingly unlimited power, it's really refreshing how pure Helvi's desires are.
I would argue against Helvi being "pure", given how much she is salivating over her cute shota husband. That I can't remember if they said what age he was at, but I'm feeling that he might still be a minor.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure she did and he died an off-screen death. Unless the author pulled "somehow he survived" BS he is very dead. TBH he was probably some retard who though he had the opportunity of a lifetime. He couldn't fathom that another devil could be attached to a single human and probably assumed their contract was the usual trade power/money/health for soul deal, so by killing Theo the contract binding her would cease. If the lower class advocate for her return then it's probably common knowledge she was sealed, makes sense considering how notable she is and that it became something akin to legend. By telling her about her sealed memories he was banking that she would return to her old self and take her place at the top, and by doing so elevate his own position.
We saw what that got him; Absolute suffering to oblivion for threatening and belittling her beloved husband. Any future devils with the similar mindsets are going to be fated to that, so if she did let him live, it would be as a warning to not touch her husband, if they have enough of a brain cell to understand romantic relationships. Not holding my breath on the later though.

Fed-Kun's army
I would argue against Helvi being "pure", given how much she is salivating over her cute shota husband. That I can't remember if they said what age he was at, but I'm feeling that he might still be a minor.
He's currently 14. Which makes the two adventurer girls even worse because they wanted to jump his bones even before that.

Dex-chan lover
Just kill the devil already.
This is also a great example of never leave any loose end and potential enemies alive ... tho I guess they can't be considered an enemy.... but yeah that low-blood devil.... what was the plan? Kill the contrator of the all powerful devil that everyone's afraid of? What then? If the owner of the company wants to have a vactation with their lover, you fucking let them and don't spring up bullshit on them just because you worked at that company. Like genuinely you aren't even a noble.... and how the fuck do you even know she had sealed memories? And why the fuck would you tell her? It's like admiting you wiretapped someone's house...... this entire chapter is just a flawed mess
More importantly, if the noble demons were the ones who sealed Hel-san's memories in the first place, it's clear they didn't like how she ran things in the demon kingdom before. And somehow after millenia they decide to bring her back and put her in charge again? Suspicious and irresponsible. They wanted that cake and they ate it. It's too late to go back.

Dex-chan lover
:meguu: she should just return to devil world with Theo. He'll be like Iruma there.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. I was just checking earlier (technically yesterday morning now, I've been up for a long while) if this had updated and I had missed it.

These light novel authors really don't know anything about tone. I can't be the only one put off by the back and forth gory edginess and acting all girly and cutesy. It's not even played for comedy, it's just off-putting as hell, pick a tone and stick to it ffs, I didn't start reading this to watch mobs get tortured to death

Dex-chan lover
Thing is, if you look it from the logic he pointed out it makes sense...
Until someone points out that it would be impossible to also apply to her.

His logic is that devils would definitely be more attracted to power. That means that, for devils, she is as attractive as she is to humans. Just for different reasons.

Thing is, she is the uncontested strongest. From what we were told, every other devil no matter how strong is on the same power level to her as Theo himself.
So she would need to have a different measure to choose anyone at all.

Users who are viewing this thread