Negative Yuusha to Maou-gun Kanbu - Vol. 6 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
he could prob just stroll back in to the old neighborhood and get more expensive magic rocks, he is a demon king
Nah, he's the Demon King's General. Though I imagine that if the Demon King ever made a move against Rene, then our man Hyoudor will wind up getting promoted. By killing his Demon King and taking his spot. And all so that he can better protect Rene.

Fun thoughts about a possible future here:

Fast forward a thousand years later. Immortal Demon Queen Rene, given the dragon's blood by her predecessor and adoptive father, Hyoudor, is looking down upon another child sent forth by the humans to kill her. So, she tells this child her own story, all while she sees to this child being fed the first good meal they've had in years, tends to their wounds, and tucks them into a warm bed.

It is not the first time, nor will it be the last.

With this, her pool of trusted lieutenants, all of them descendants of previous "heroes" sent to kill her, continues to grow. They are all ferociously loyal because of how kind, empathetic, and generous the Immortal Demon Queen has been to them. And the gene pool keeps getting fresh blood every time they send another one...

It will only be a matter of time until she sweeps over the human lands and conquers them all. She is very patient. After all, she learned from her father, Hyoudor. And once she does? The humans will at last have the peace and prosperity they sought. It just won't be quite on the terms that their original leaders wanted.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, he's the Demon King's General. Though I imagine that if the Demon King ever made a move against Rene, then our man Hyoudor will wind up getting promoted. By killing his Demon King and taking his spot. And all so that he can better protect Rene.
I've been living in a lie It even says so in the title xD
But you're right, he's not the Demon King, it seems? But it makes no sense, cuz we haven't seen him report to no one, and he lives as the master of the castle.

Jq5esIv.png

:notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
Now, I get why the Demon Lord may be a Dragon and is protecting Rene (a 12-year-old child) since most dragons in the fictional stories typically protect the human child.

Dex-chan lover
I've been living in a lie It even says so in the title xD
But you're right, he's not the Demon King, it seems? But it makes no sense, cuz we haven't seen him report to no one, and he lives as the master of the castle.

Jq5esIv.png

:notlikethis:
Are you saying a general (and is a dragon to boost) can't afford to have his own castle?

Dex-chan lover
I think that he is the only General.

Meaning that there is this guy... and then there is the Demon King.

There's a number of ways this can go. Will it be that the Demon King is practically God here? Or maybe he's "just some guy" who happens to have a great deal of respect from Hyudor? Or what if he is actually an infant and Hyudor is actually acting as a regent until he can properly take his place?

Dex-chan lover
I bet that him being a general is just some sort of contract between Hyoudor and Demon Lord.
Like, he gets to be this general who is so terrifying that noone dares to mess with Demon Lord. And what does Dragon Dad get in return? Dunno, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a promise of peaceful life or Demon Lord being another child that he raised up a long time ago and he just asked "daddy pls".

Dex-chan lover
The old man just wants to care for the girl...
Mayhaps this is the longest long-game the demon king could play by locking the hero away with gifts and kindness while he sends his minions out to conquer.....
Or he's just a big friggen softy with horns who needs a hug and companionship....

Dex-chan lover
Didn't they know that he's a mighty dragon, or is it just not that that knowledge isn't well known amongst the demon army? Also, can't blame Hyudor for giving such high value gifts to Rene, she deserves them.

Tough luck for his subordinates though, since Hyudor can make such stones with seemingly ease and yet didn't gift his subordinates.
I mean, a few of them would defo be able to destabilize entire economies... Makes sense he wouldnt make them for anyone but Renee

Dex-chan lover
I mean, a few of them would defo be able to destabilize entire economies... Makes sense he wouldnt make them for anyone but Renee
If that's the case, then him simply ordering his subordinates not to sell them should be enough to prevent that. Or he could even cast a spell that either made the stones useless and/or punished his subordinates if they attempted to sell the stones without his permission.
With the magic that we've seen Hyudor use thus far (with seeming ease), there's not much reason for him to not give his subordinates a stone, unless he simply didn't want to (which is what I'm thinking the reason may be).

Dex-chan lover
For those who are confuse. Miina want to say if Hyudor lie about the value to make Rene feel less guilty, which Rize comform it with a hush.

Dex-chan lover
I think Hyudooru and the book are both right, the book says those stones can only be found in dragon territory, near a dragon.
Any one who isn't a dragon would need to encroach upon a dragons territory and then search for this stone that needs to be near a most likely fully grown dragon, they're most likely going to die, meaning it's almost impossible for non dragons to get these stones and normal dragons probably have no use for these stones themselves nor a desire to contact other races.

Hyudooru is a dragon who presumably used to have his own territory, a dragon territory so he may be telling the truth and these stones are actually pretty damn common.
He is a sorcerer as well so can use these stones if need be, but he lacks common sense so probably doesn't think about how he could just give some to his subordinates and could even probably mass produce them if he wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread