Negatte mo Nai Tsuihou Go kara no Slow Life? ~Intai Shita Hazu ga Nariyuki de Bishoujo Gyaru no Shishou ni Nattara Naze ka Mechakucha Natsukareta~ - …

Double-page supporter
Joined
Mar 14, 2024
Messages
113
This feels a little too easy. I mean, using stones to help a girl's legs walk again, there should be some sort of challenge doing that, but the way he said it, it sounds like this could be done in a flash
As far as I recall, it’s not exactly a cure; rather, it involves using lightning magic to sort of correct the electrical impulses and thereby fix the paralysis. She’s going to use the magic to walk.
Proof positive that this world is filled with morons. "Hey using magic outside of dungeons to save lives is illegal!"

Well fuck you, asshole.
This is the fault of the old Japanese elite, who don't want the public to know that absorbing the stones can make people smarter and stronger; in fact, adventurers are only permitted to sell the stones to the government or use them on themselves—selling them to others is prohibited. They fear losing the power and privileges they currently hold.
Furthermore, this reaction from passersby stems from the fact that the news never reports on good deeds—such as rescues or the prevention of disasters—whereas any crime committed is prominently featured.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 28, 2018
Messages
3,591
this also happens in my hero academia. you use your quirk in an emergency to defend yourself/others, they literally arrest you. if I recall correctly, in vigilantes eraser gets called out for doing this.
I mean, that's just Japan herd mentality, they even have the "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down" proverb
this also happens in my hero academia. you use your quirk in an emergency to defend yourself/others, they literally arrest you. if I recall correctly, in vigilantes eraser gets called out for doing this.
I mean, that's just Japan herd mentality, they even have the "the nail that sticks out gets hammered down" proverb
They also value respect and following the rules to a high degree, even if breaking them would save someone, you'd still be punished. For example if a criminal is at large it's more important to return to normality by catching someone rather than catching the real culprit
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 28, 2018
Messages
3,591
I wanna say people wouldn't be this contradictory and illogical but... then I just look online and... nevermind
It's like if a woman is getting attacked, you could protect her but then you very likely end up charged with assault rather than treated as hero, the world is quickly becoming more like that
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 28, 2018
Messages
3,591
Honestly he fucking saved a person and bystanders want to talk shit like “We should report him, that’s illegal”? They deserved to be slapped senseless lol
Well in real life if someone is attacking you, there is the duty to retreat, so if you hurt them your screwed
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 8, 2018
Messages
2,635
I don't know why, but I really can't stand NPCs like them. MC was genuinely trying to save Shion, and they still acted like that :haa:
I honestly felt so bad for Shion. She got bullied by her classmates because of her paralyzed leg, to the point where she wanted to take her own life. Thank goodness the MC was there to save her.

avhmfk.jpg


thank you for translation
I was honestly more angry at the author for having the audacity to explain it away as the "normal reaction" like lmao no it's not. They'd have to be psychotic. Though the guy that started the mess actually looks it. It's not like people wouldn't feel some unease (maybe law enforcement would actually arrest him because they have to), but they'd also be really damn happy that a young girl in a wheelchair didn't die or otherwise suffer any injuries. Not to mention people just aren't that Black & White or downright evil. I hate it how series like this try to make it a "MC vs the World" thing just to show how cool the MC is for doing the right thing even when it makes him disliked or how he gets his flowers by proving all the haters wrong. Like come off it. Anyone that's gone outside knows that bystanders don't even care that much about anything but walking to their destination.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 8, 2018
Messages
2,635
I wanna say people wouldn't be this contradictory and illogical but... then I just look online and... nevermind
People usually don't like like they do online in person. Regardless they wouldn't act like this lmao. Maybe it'd become a court case and the local authorities get involved. It'd blow up on the internet with a range of people arguing over both sides for their own reasons and like no one actually knowing what they are talking about. But I promise you there wouldn't be one dude just standing their with a permanent scowl on his face waiting to say, "He should've let her get hurt." and especially not one who just keeps staring like a moron and scowl. Any crowd that heard him respond to a disabled person not being injured as bad would immediately shut him down. People are bad, but we're not Grok AI bots that don't even act human and are just there to fan flames. An actual human being would act a lot more human in their aggression and hypocrisy. It'd be more than just two people talking and no one actually interacting with each other or the situation as they all just stare in silence. The scene is just written horribly badly. But even then people aren't that innately awful. This same situation has been taken to the extreme in real life. Civillians have shot and killed assailants to try and resolve situations and people in that situation in that moment don't go, "Hey, don't thank him. That's murder." Afterwards there's a back and forth and all kinds of legal stuff, but that's afterwards. And this situation is toned down heavily because he was purely saving someone without doing harm to anyone else.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
630
Doing a handicapped disciple would be cool, innovative, and brave. So of course it looks like they’re gonna have her walking and just being Pretty Girl #2 instead within, I’m guessing, three issues.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top