Neko no Otera no Chion-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - Out with Chion

Double-page supporter
That hairstyle complimented her eyebrows, I think. 😀

Group Leader
This manga is so zen. It's just paging through chill art while watching girl react to things. Best part is the art is non-invasive and all the characters have normal proportions .

Also, I applaud the author for an entire chapter without a single close up ass shot. I didn't know the man had that kind of self-control.

Contributor
Looking at some of the newer comments, I have to apologize for the stupidity and overall ignorance of some of my fellow Americans. Unfortunately, they relish in their right to be completely ignorant and just downright rude whenever they feel they want to be, which is unfortunately most of the time if it doesn't fit into their extraordinarily narrow views on how things should or should not be. Please don't assume all Americans are like those few idiots.

@Hounder alright relax furry weeb, no one asked for you to apologize on anyone's behalf and no one demanded an apology. Stop acting all high and mighty just because you maybe want to gain some brownie points from the people on the east side of the world.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
When I eat cereal I heat up the milk and then let them soak for a few minutes so that they get soggy.

Contributor
I was just reminded that Bruce Wayne eats burgers with a fork and knife. Fucking 1% scum.

Now that Batman fella, he eats his burgers with his hands, like a goddamned real American.

Aggregator gang
why would you fucking use spoon and fork to eat burger

Contributor
@Utsuro If you don't like it, tough. Not my fault that there are so many narrow minded individuals out there who can't get over the idea that there are many different ways of doing things that they haven't experienced before. Try getting out sometime and experience the world, as I have. Then maybe you would so just how stupid those comments were.

Double-page supporter
@Utsuro
Don't worry about him. This idiot cannot tell that literally everyone is joking because he's got a leaky white/american guilt tube in his head. Not to mention he's so woke he's gotta show how cultured he is. Dude's so unaware, ironic and overdone he's bordering on troll.

Contributor
@Yautja Sadly, you might want to rethink that. There MIGHT be one or two people joking, but he definitely wasn't joking with his statements. He was proving my points quite well about certain individuals. To believe otherwise would be extremely naive.

You can call it what you want, but you know that I hit the nail on the head with my previous statement. Sadly, the people making those comments don't seem to have the ability or the inclination to do something so simple as a BASIC internet search. In my case, I have actually had some. And you definitely not going to be able to eat them the "traditional" way, fork and knife were needed. They were quite tasty.

I think that the problem those people have are quite simply they have ZERO experience with anything outside their normal areas they stay in. And it would do them a lot of good to step out of those comfort zones every once in a while and try something different. Go somewhere they have never been before, etc. Having been around the world, I am speaking from experience there, as I have learned quite a bit from the experiences I gained. You don't have to believe me, after-all, I am just an anonymous voice on the internet, but you can't blindly discount it as you have tried.

Double-page supporter
@Hounder
No, I certainly don't know that. What I do know is you're so self assured it's blinding, mostly to you.

Contributor
@Yautja As I said, believe what you wish, as you are entirely within your rights to do so. Just don't assume that they were all joking. I have seen too much of how bad people can be (including some of the current political situation here) to even consider they all are joking.

Dex-chan lover
Do they not let people take food home in Japan, or do they think the quality will turn to mush if they carry it around, etc...?

Could easily let Grandma try it.

Of course if the place is that uh....pretentious(?) then maybe they would just throw it out when the customer is done.

All these arguments about forks, I'm just here wondering when will the next chapter be out. Keep up the good work, translator-san!

the manga is just top good, thank you so sooooooooooo much mister/miss translator, i feared that nobody would want to continue the translation, but you are my hero, thank you very much

Dex-chan lover
Hamburgers didn't spread to northern Sweden until a local chain figured out that people wanted a knife and fork to eat the burgers with.

These days some other places put burgers on pizza, so you don't have to pick and choose which kind of fast food you're getting.

My mom gets mad if anyone suggest we want to eat a restaurant burger with our hands. Fast food is whatever, but at a restaurant you use the utensils for anything that's not full of bones, that's her rule.

Dex-chan lover
Do they not let people take food home in Japan, or do they think the quality will turn to mush if they carry it around, etc...?

Could easily let Grandma try it.

Of course if the place is that uh....pretentious(?) then maybe they would just throw it out when the customer is done.

They had to take a train there from out in the sticks for what sounded like a lengthy ride. You absolutely should not try carrying leftover meat dishes home that far in the summer heat without a cooler or something to put it in unless you wanna give the old hag food poisoning or something. It's not like it'd be impossible to do it that way, but they're clearly unprepared to do so at the moment so they definitely can't with any leftovers that might be from this meal.

But anyway, that aside, generally speaking Japan does not do the "doggie bag" sort of thing in restaurants that you sit down to eat in like that. You're also pretty much expected to eat all of whatever you ordered, socially speaking, or you might look like you're being rude? I think. You can see that one in some manga around the site about eating, someone ends up ordering something, sees the amount of food included and mentally shits themselves before proceeding to eat themselves sick rather than leave anything behind. A place that also does takeout to begin with might be an exception I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread