Neko no Otera no Chion-san - Vol. 7 Ch. 56 - Going in Circles, Grandma and Chion

Dex-chan lover
granma being in cousin ship since day 1 cmon guys.
more like those monk that want to married to chion (like teacher) is good person and all but still they're the 'villain' for the ship she wanted.
and she's the villain for not blessing chion with 'the best (monk) candidate'.

Double-page supporter
One day the grandmother will go to Gen and smiling she will say: come, I want to see how you look with shaved hair...
Then he will know that she has consented to his marriage with Chion.
Or so it went in the final chapter that I once read in a dream.

Dex-chan lover
and that's why I believe; that ppl that tries to be liked by everyone are just hypocrites
QmypCo7.png

ps: what did you do grandma?

Dex-chan lover
I dunno. I mean, I'm the villain to a few people, but that's because I'm an opinionated SOB. But I've known people who are much nicer than I am and who as far as I can tell really aren't the villain to much of anyone, and contrariwise are helpful to quite a few. So I dunno, it sounds profound, and it's true that there's a tendency that just by being there you're taking up something that might be someone else's . . . but I'm not sure if what's she said is really true overall.

Finally some progress on the relationship. Personally I'm rooting for Chion to end up with Gen.

Contributor
@Purplelibraryguy

I think Grandma probably means "villain" in the sense that, at some point in their lives, people will eventually find opposition, someone who goes against you or blocks your path. Maybe the "villains" are those difficulties we find along the way, sometimes in the shape of people. And since conflict is part of human nature, there's no avoiding that. No matter what you do, the same way someone can become a "villain" to you, perhaps at some point you will also become someone else's "villain". That's my take, anyways :x

(Edit: And naturally there are the implications regarding Chion's future and her wanting to inherit the Temple, which Grandma probably feels responsible about. Same for Gen and his relationship with Chion.)

@ Purplelibraryguy

I think she means in a broader sense than just a person to person interaction. This would include things like being a "villain" just because you look a certain way or choose to identify yourself differently.

Dex-chan lover
Grandma you better not be the villain in Gen and Chion story

Users who are viewing this thread