Neta Chara Tensei Toka Anmarida! - Vol. 4 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
Honestly this wasn’t terrible. I’ve seen some pretty horrendous machine translations that literally give me headaches trying to read and understand lmao. Thank you very much for your effort and for bringing this back 😭missed it so much that I was thinking of getting the light novel even tho I know I have no time to read those 😂
"My house is a magical power spot" or whatever was SO BAD AKDBEMEBFN

Group Leader
Almost forgot it existed, thanks for the chapter. Translation looked fine to me only page 23 bothered me, but my level of english is really low, might be just me
Ah yes, this has been fixed (y)
Previously: ("Why are we the only demons... to go through such misery?!?!")
Currently: ("Why do the demons... have to go through such misery?!?!")

thanks for telling me

Group Leader
Honestly this wasn’t terrible. I’ve seen some pretty horrendous machine translations that literally give me headaches trying to read and understand lmao. Thank you very much for your effort and for bringing this back 😭missed it so much that I was thinking of getting the light novel even tho I know I have no time to read those 😂
you have no idea how much time proofreading the machine translations took lol

Dex-chan lover
running the script through 6 different MTL and proofread it, if only every MTL-er have this dedication...

while i didn't read the RAW for this chapter, at page 23 rather than "it wasn't the humans that came first!?" maybe it should be "wasn't it the humans that came first!?"

Group Leader
running the script through 6 different MTL and proofread it, if only every MTL-er have this dedication...

while i didn't read the RAW for this chapter, at page 23 rather than "it wasn't the humans that came first!?" maybe it should be "wasn't it the humans that came first!?"
6 mtl was an exaggeration, i at most did it through 4, but only if it didn't make sense. (I normally run it through 2). if it didn't make sense after that, I just translated parts of it to whatever made sense.

The raws probably meant that "the demons came first, so why are we suffering?", but I'll recheck that.

EDIT:
hmm, every translator i run it through is telling me something along the lines of "the humans didn't start things!"
however, in the story, this makes no sense. if any professional scanlator wants to fix this, go ahead.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
On the last page, there are 3 manga illustrations (this one in the middle). What are the names of the other two please?

Anyway, i discovered the manga today in the latest updates panel and it was a good read! Really nice to see it has been picked up ^^

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! Glad to see someone pick this up even after it's been licenced in english.

On the last page, there are 3 manga illustrations (this one in the middle). What are the names of the other two please?
Left one is "Garbage Brave" cover for Vol4.

Sorry don't recognize the other one.

Supporter
The LNs are quite different to the manga/web novel - generally the good bits minus some of the annoying bits, as you'd hope with something that went through a few rounds of professional editing . . .

The MTL here was pretty well done, it's nice to see someone putting the work in to make it more readable. Having recently started trying that myself I appreciate the time and effort it involves . . . though at least I'm messing around with a web novel, so I don't need to do all the graphics. But it's got to be the slowest and most painful way imaginable to read a story you're really interested in.

Supporter
6 mtl was an exaggeration, i at most did it through 4, but only if it didn't make sense. (I normally run it through 2). if it didn't make sense after that, I just translated parts of it to whatever made sense.

The raws probably meant that "the demons came first, so why are we suffering?", but I'll recheck that.

EDIT:
hmm, every translator i run it through is telling me something along the lines of "the humans didn't start things!"
however, in the story, this makes no sense. if any professional scanlator wants to fix this, go ahead.
Having messed around with this kind of thing recently, I've found the really confusing bits can (sometimes) be cleared up by trying to figure out a bit about the underlying sentence structure. I've been using https://www.romajidesu.com/translator to break down the original sentence and then looking up the words themselves to try and figure out what's going on. Particularly when trying to figure out the subject/object/etc of the sentence - if the MTL is confused about that it can throw the whole translation out. And my /god/, the verbs, they're /such/ a massive headache given how many forms there are, and how much extra information is packed into them. Oh, and half the time I find myself working through the broken down sentences backwards? Like, "oh, hey, starting from the end and working back it kind of makes sense . . ." Maybe my native English speaking brain is just messed up?

Unfortunately, no matter how hard you try there are things that just end up not making much sense - nothing much you can do about it short of asking someone who knows the language better than the machines do . . .

Honestly, how anyone can learn Japanese without growing up with it is beyond me. Mad props to all the non-native Japanese speakers out there - you're all /gods/, I swear . . .

Group Leader
Having messed around with this kind of thing recently, I've found the really confusing bits can (sometimes) be cleared up by trying to figure out a bit about the underlying sentence structure. I've been using https://www.romajidesu.com/translator to break down the original sentence and then looking up the words themselves to try and figure out what's going on. Particularly when trying to figure out the subject/object/etc of the sentence - if the MTL is confused about that it can throw the whole translation out. And my /god/, the verbs, they're /such/ a massive headache given how many forms there are, and how much extra information is packed into them. Oh, and half the time I find myself working through the broken down sentences backwards? Like, "oh, hey, starting from the end and working back it kind of makes sense . . ." Maybe my native English speaking brain is just messed up?

Unfortunately, no matter how hard you try there are things that just end up not making much sense - nothing much you can do about it short of asking someone who knows the language better than the machines do . . .

Honestly, how anyone can learn Japanese without growing up with it is beyond me. Mad props to all the non-native Japanese speakers out there - you're all /gods/, I swear . . .
That's what I do personally, I use 2 translator and whenever it doesn't make sense, or doesn't satisfy me, I check on romajidesu. The biggest barrier in my case is my own English knowledge.

Dex-chan lover

Well, you're going in the right direction with breaking down sentence into pieces.

As someone who's non-native and can somewhat understand JP (which ironically started with me finding 2 different translations of the same term, went to the source material and compare letters with similar thing until I sorta reverse-engineer the whole katakana...it was pokemon names btw) I'd say having the foundations down (sentence structure, different verb tenses) will get you quite far especially if you double check the material for context.

Group Leader

EDIT:

After scanlating part of the next chapter (new release!), it should probably be "wasn't it the humans who started the war!?".
I'll edit it soon.

EDIT:
uplaoded the new edit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread